LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

How about Gore, Westbrook, and Dixon on the field at the same time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
What if we put our 11 fastest guys out there at the same time? Think of the explosions!

our 11 fastest guys would still be slower than the other team.

lol
lets take baby steps and just get two of them in the backfield at once first.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
woah there fella. Gore is our horse, but in the digit system offense you are more likely to use two TEs (Davis and Walker) than 3 RBs on the field at the same time.

Gore can be the workhorse. But your telling me we can't figure out a way to get two explosive guys on the field at the same time? Springle in a little dixon for fun and we could do some interesting things.

Dixon is the 3rd RB for a reason. Its dumb to have 3 on the field at the same time. That means:

- another one of our weapons would have to be off the field.
- plus no one is afraid of Dixon
I woudn't say dumb.. Just pending on how they were utilized. If we put Westbrook in the slot he could create problems. Or lining all three in the backfield and motioning them to different spots. It's not as if our WR are the explosive core on this team.

how would Westbrook in the slot create a different match up problem than Vernon in the slot?

And I disagree about our wideouts, I would take Crab, Morgan, Ziggy, Walker, Vernon, and even J. Hill on the field in spread situations before Dixon.

Dixon is a good single back, but I wouldnt count on him for anything more than that. Like I said before, he is 3rd RB for a reason.
woah there fella. Gore is our horse, but in the digit system offense you are more likely to use two TEs (Davis and Walker) than 3 RBs on the field at the same time.

Gore can be the workhorse. But your telling me we can't figure out a way to get two explosive guys on the field at the same time? Springle in a little dixon for fun and we could do some interesting things.

Dixon is the 3rd RB for a reason. Its dumb to have 3 on the field at the same time. That means:

I woudn't say dumb.. Just pending on how they were utilized. If we put Westbrook in the slot he could create problems. Or lining all three in the backfield and motioning them to different spots. It's not as if our WR are the explosive core on this team.

how would Westbrook in the slot create a different match up problem than Vernon in the slot?

And I disagree about our wideouts, I would take Crab, Morgan, Ziggy, Walker, Vernon, and even J. Hill on the field in spread situations before Dixon.

Dixon is a good single back, but I wouldnt count on him for anything more than that. Like I said before, he is 3rd RB for a reason.

westbrook is way shiftier than VD. VD is fast and strong but he cant shake anyone. Westbrook is very elusive. not saying i would do it but i can see what the other poster is saying
Westbrook I see like I see Michael Vick. Vick is no good coming in for one snap then going out again.

If we play Westbrook he has to be in the slots, combo with Gore in the back field. I dont think seeing Westbrook on the field for 5 or 8 snaps a game will do the team or him any good. Especially knowing what Westbrook can do.
Green Bay used to run the wishbone offense a lot. We should use it in the redzone as we can split Westbrook out wide and depending on the defense, we can either run it or pass it.
Originally posted by Go49erss:
Green Bay used to run the wishbone offense a lot. We should use it in the redzone as we can split Westbrook out wide and depending on the defense, we can either run it or pass it.

makes too much sense, wont happen bro
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

westbrook is way shiftier than VD. VD is fast and strong but he cant shake anyone. Westbrook is very elusive. not saying i would do it but i can see what the other poster is saying

I'm not saying we can't find a creative way to use Westbrook, I'm just saying when he is on the field Gore AND Dixon shouldn't also be out there.
When healthy and he is. Westbrook was a bigger match up problem for defenses than anyone on our team other than maybe Davis. Unfortunately Jimmy Raye does not know how to use his players. Other than the O-line this team has the player to compete week in and week out but will be out coached on a regular basis. We have a couple of good assistants but Sing and Raye are the week links.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
When healthy and he is. Westbrook was a bigger match up problem for defenses than anyone on our team other than maybe Davis. Unfortunately Jimmy Raye does not know how to use his players. Other than the O-line this team has the player to compete week in and week out but will be out coached on a regular basis. We have a couple of good assistants but Sing and Raye are the week links.

We should use Westbrook to work the edges and use Crabtree a lot more as well. Every team game plans for Gore and VD. We need to use our other guys to open things up for our key players. Put VD Westbrook and Walker on the field. Get Ginn the ball in the first quarter. I'd just like to see the niners do something unexpected. I know we're trying to find our identity but if we're too predictable, then defenses get into a great rhythm against us.

• Mex49
Where would you put Moran then?
Jimmy Raye said that he had never even heard of Westbrook and didn't know what his capabilities are. that is our OC.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Where would you put Moran then?

on the sideline doing yoga so he can be flexible enough to lift his hands up

Last week was flop- right? You would think they would mix it up a little - right?
I like the idea of getting players onto the field who have already proven what they can do as in Gore and Westbrook ...... I like Westbrooks shiftyness and his hands in the open field ...... it seems makes sense to get those two more involved. I might think about using Dixon near the goal line or in the red zone , where the team hasn't always been successful running the ball with Gore and Moran Norris in the past. JMHO.

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Sep 19, 2010 at 03:15:48 ]
Share 49ersWebzone