There are 136 users in the forums

Epic Singletary interview w/ KPIX' Dennis O' Donnell.... disappears

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
It was sad for me to see Singletary lose his composure and become childish so quickly. BW grew short tempered with reporters too but that was closer to the end of his coaching career.

Reporters were a lot more respectful of boundries when Coach Walsh was the man in charge. He also had a great sense of humor. Not saying that Sing doesn't have a sense of humor but it's rare for reporters today to treat a story with respect. I wouldn't doubt Cole is FoS, so I could see why Sing's nose would be bent out of joint over this story.

Actually the opposite is true....the Bay Area media in the 90s was a lot more objective and questioning than the lapdogs you have now.

The media then wasn't nearly as afraid to ask tough questions when they needed to be asked. And for his part Walsh was a thoughtful and civil enough individual to be able to handle any such tough questions with poise and dignity.

That's how I remember it too. Singletary will be minced meat with Ira or the Dickeys of that era. All Singletary had to say was: "NO, that story was not true" that will stop the story.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
I like sing, I like what he said. He takes pride in what he dose and he takes pride in this team. No problem with that. He sounded like a guy who means business. Yah he will have a lot to own up to if we lose but I like his mentality. I wish he was being interviewed by Jim Rome face to face,

why? so he can embarrass the team on national TV? and make us even more of a laughing stock?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
if it disappeared, why did they just show the interview on 49ers Preview, the show for which Sing was interviewed?
in terms of "disappeared", it was removed from the KPIX website.

Looks like it's only available on youtubes atm.
Originally posted by jones49:
Jimmy Raye said Yahoo should run the offense. I guess so he can catch some z's.

dang is that really him? he looks like a cinnabun.
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
I like sing, I like what he said. He takes pride in what he dose and he takes pride in this team. No problem with that. He sounded like a guy who means business. Yah he will have a lot to own up to if we lose but I like his mentality. I wish he was being interviewed by Jim Rome face to face,

why? so he can embarrass the team on national TV? and make us even more of a laughing stock?

It was a joke.
Sing just had a Mike Ditka moment. Who just so happen to be Sing's old coach. Coincidence?
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Montanaisgodlike:
Originally posted by Axl49:
NO BIG DEAL. We got our ass kicked now he is pissed our players played like s**t and wants to show the world we can win and compete with anyone in the NFL. Of course he is going to be pissed get over it people.

I would feel a lot better if I saw him talk to Jimmy Raye like that.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Just seems like a pissed off idiot in that video.
lol
We have already seen the best and the worst that Singletary has to offer, sorry but it's not enough. He's not Head Coach material, his OC sucks and his QB can't scare Cal.

Man, what an ASS ...Singletary is showing his true colors and he may be a hall of fame middle linebacker but he is no way head coach material.

I said it before - it's all smoke and mirrors with this guy. He will talk and TRY to motivate but all he will end up doing is lose the locker room.

Jimmy Raye is a joke! It's starting to piss me off
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by jones49:
Jimmy Raye said Yahoo should run the offense. I guess so he can catch some z's.

dang is that really him? he looks like a cinnabun.

Maybe Yahoo fantasy sports could setup a run the niners O league and the fantasy junkies could call in the plays from their laptops.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
It was sad for me to see Singletary lose his composure and become childish so quickly. BW grew short tempered with reporters too but that was closer to the end of his coaching career.

Reporters were a lot more respectful of boundries when Coach Walsh was the man in charge. He also had a great sense of humor. Not saying that Sing doesn't have a sense of humor but it's rare for reporters today to treat a story with respect. I wouldn't doubt Cole is FoS, so I could see why Sing's nose would be bent out of joint over this story.

Actually the opposite is true....the Bay Area media in the 90s was a lot more objective and questioning than the lapdogs you have now.

The media then wasn't nearly as afraid to ask tough questions when they needed to be asked. And for his part Walsh was a thoughtful and civil enough individual to be able to handle any such tough questions with poise and dignity.

Dude wait, what?

~Ceadder
In my humble opinion. Singeltary (based on his comments) has set himself up to be fired immediately. If they do not perform well against New Orleans or if they in fact DO NOT STOP THE SAINTS, then I would fire/replace him with Jon Gruden immediately. His act is wearing very thin. I want a coach that his holding more than a stopwatch on the sidelines. I want a coach who can call plays if needs to. Singletary could be an excellent coach if he had great Coordinators. He doesn't...so he can't be awarded that luxury.

This offensive coaching problem needs to be fixed for the long term. HIRE JON GRUDEN.
Originally posted by katzmando:
In my humble opinion. Singeltary (based on his comments) has set himself up to be fired immediately. If they do not perform well against New Orleans or if they in fact DO NOT STOP THE SAINTS, then I would fire/replace him with Jon Gruden immediately. His act is wearing very thin. I want a coach that his holding more than a stopwatch on the sidelines. I want a coach who can call plays if needs to. Singletary could be an excellent coach if he had great Coordinators. He doesn't...so he can't be awarded that luxury.

This offensive coaching problem needs to be fixed for the long term. HIRE JON GRUDEN.

Do you really believe that young York would have the nuts to fire Singletary? He would have to ask his parents first, who would ask him why he wants to outspend his allowance. They might have to remove more watercoolers or cut Christmas gifts for the employees again.
Share 49ersWebzone