LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Epic Singletary interview w/ KPIX' Dennis O' Donnell.... disappears

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Axl49:
NO BIG DEAL. We got our ass kicked now he is pissed our players played like s**t and wants to show the world we can win and compete with anyone in the NFL. Of course he is going to be pissed get over it people.
It was sad for me to see Singletary lose his composure and become childish so quickly. BW grew short tempered with reporters too but that was closer to the end of his coaching career.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
The guy wants to win, i have no problems with it.

Every coach wants to win, genius.

Not coach Raye, he wants to sleep!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Chief:
Just seems like a pissed off idiot in that video.

a total idiot

+1
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
It was sad for me to see Singletary lose his composure and become childish so quickly. BW grew short tempered with reporters too but that was closer to the end of his coaching career.

Reporters were a lot more respectful of boundries when Coach Walsh was the man in charge. He also had a great sense of humor. Not saying that Sing doesn't have a sense of humor but it's rare for reporters today to treat a story with respect. I wouldn't doubt Cole is FoS, so I could see why Sing's nose would be bent out of joint over this story.

If it's true that's even worse. Nobody had any qualms about going to Sing to get Raye to install more Spread formations. So if someone was talking out of school, Sing SHOULD be pissed. That's downright disrespectful. The fact that O'Donell tried to push the issue however deserved to be told off. Which Sing did respectfully.

No meltdown and nothing to see for the lookie loos.

~Ceadder
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Reporters were a lot more respectful of boundries when Coach Walsh was the man in charge. He also had a great sense of humor. Not saying that Sing doesn't have a sense of humor but it's rare for reporters today to treat a story with respect. I wouldn't doubt Cole is FoS, so I could see why Sing's nose would be bent out of joint over this story.

Actually the opposite is true....the Bay Area media in the 90s was a lot more objective and questioning than the lapdogs you have now.

The media then wasn't nearly as afraid to ask tough questions when they needed to be asked. And for his part Walsh was a thoughtful and civil enough individual to be able to handle any such tough questions with poise and dignity.
I like sing, I like what he said. He takes pride in what he dose and he takes pride in this team. No problem with that. He sounded like a guy who means business. Yah he will have a lot to own up to if we lose but I like his mentality. I wish he was being interviewed by Jim Rome face to face,

The team is a reflection of the coach....

Thats our biggest problem

that interview is very telling....

When the going gets tough we lose our heads
Originally posted by LundyLove:
The team is a reflection of the coach....

Thats our biggest problem

that interview is very telling....

When the going gets tough we get tougher

this

Reminded me of a lot of Mike Ditka interviews... looks like the masters' pupil.
if it disappeared, why did they just show the interview on 49ers Preview, the show for which Sing was interviewed?
Originally posted by Axl49:
NO BIG DEAL. We got our ass kicked now he is pissed our players played like s**t and wants to show the world we can win and compete with anyone in the NFL. Of course he is going to be pissed get over it people.

• Antix
  • Veteran
This interview makes me upset but at the same time Im ok with it.

I don't mind having a coach that shows passion. Screw reporters. I don't like em and I dont even play the sport. Their job is to make a bigger deal out of everything so that they can tell a story. If we win then they'll write all the grandiose stories about how we overcame adversity blah blah blah. If we lose then we're gonna be a team in complete disarray blah blah blah. Whatever. They pissed him off and I'm okay with him tellin them that.

But at the same time it upsets me because Id prefer to see more reservation from Sing. If he were in New York then he'd have a heart attack after a month because he gets it easy in comparison. He needs to chill out a bit with the media and stop talking so much especially since we haven't proven squat on the field. IF we start winning, then he can talk some, but until that happens I don't wanna hear this "we will stop Brees" bullsh*t. As a fan whose watched the Niners lose waaaaay more than I've seen them win that type of crap really pisses me off. I'm sick of talk.
Jimmy Raye said Yahoo should run the offense. I guess so he can catch some z's.

[ Edited by jones49 on Sep 18, 2010 at 19:40:01 ]
Share 49ersWebzone