There are 177 users in the forums

ESPN: 49ers system can put QB in a bind

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ohh i know what the niners should do........

FREE ALEX!
The QB can sure put the 49ers in a bind too.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Teams running the digit system on offense generally suffer from more delay penalties because it takes longer for their coaches to communicate the plays. The 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders lead the NFL in quarterback delay penalties since 2005. All have run digit-system offenses some or most of the time since the 2005 season.

all you need to read about this article

this is also nice:

We can criticize Smith on several fronts, but his intelligence and memory aren't in question here. Smith might be the smartest person in the organization other than executive Paraag Marathe, who has an MBA from Stanford . Smith's ability to process basic play information isn't the culprit.

then he should have no trouble calling his own plays

kind of hard to call your own play when you dont have time to call it, isnt it?

Dude, you lost me there: Why won't you have time when you're the one calling your own play? Jimmy Raye is out of the equation here... which means that you WILL have time.

ads made the assertion that if alex smith was so smart, he'd be able to call his own play and run it. i pointed out that if alex was trying to figure out what raye was radioing in on a fourth and one, he'd probably wouldnt have time to call his own play and make the necessary adjustments on the line
Alex Smith playing can put your team in a bind.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
This is my biggest pet peeve about the current Niner coaching staff ... One way or another, they do not put our Offense in a position to succeed. Ignoring our offensive line situation for years; lack of playmakers; bad play calling; revolving door of OC and list goes on... And now our freaking Coordinator is having issues communicating his plays in a timely manner? I don't care who your QB is... We need a coaching staff that will out prepare, think outside out the box, and put their players in a postion win ... Raye and Singletary are over matched and I'm scared they will always but nothing but big talkers and can't back up what they say

^^^^
This a thousand times over. To add to what you posted, a QB who only works well in a spread offense system which the OC refuses to use.
To not play to the strength of your QB is either ignorance or an ego thing. Singletary/Raye: What you want us to pass the ball? I'm sorry we are gonna run the ball because that's what I want our identity to be and I'm right. Why wouldn't you want your identity to be: Winners? It's not a sin to pass the ball. Ask the Saints, Colts, Packers, for God Sakes, The Steelers too!!!
Teams running the digit system on offense generally suffer from more delay penalties because it takes longer for their coaches to communicate the plays. The 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders lead the NFL in quarterback delay penalties since 2005. All have run digit-system offenses some or most of the time since the 2005 season.

this is also nice:

We can criticize Smith on several fronts, but his intelligence and memory aren't in question here. Smith might be the smartest person in the organization other than executive Paraag Marathe, who has an MBA from Stanford . Smith's ability to process basic play information isn't the culprit.

Those two paragraphs truly are all you need.

this is also nice:

i think most people who go to Stanford end up with at least an MBA. a 50 grand per year bachelors degree doesnt make much sense.
Originally posted by Niners99:

this is also nice:

i think most people who go to Stanford end up with at least an MBA. a 50 grand per year bachelors degree doesnt make much sense.

Getting into business school is a totally separate process than getting into the school for undergrad.

I thought everyone knew that.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Update: I've had conversations with people in football since posting this item. One thought was that the wristband could help as long as the offensive coordinator, Jimmy Raye, located the play he wanted quickly enough to communicate it right away.

We're screwed!!!

yep I'm more worried about if Raye will be using a chart based off of down and distance:

Calling the plays correctly comes in second when your Depends fail and you start sharting

holy beejesus. He either needs a bag over his head with eye holes or a serious face lift. While were at it can we take the marbles out of his mouth before he speaks. Looks say it all. We are defiintely screwed.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
interesting

Nice read
Originally posted by ads_2006:

this is also nice:

then he should have no trouble calling his own plays

I was thinking the same thing. But just like Smith and Sing said, if he has to do that every play then why have the OC
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Alex Smith can't just call his own plays. Head Coach has to give him the permission to do that.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
This is my biggest pet peeve about the current Niner coaching staff ... One way or another, they do not put our Offense in a position to succeed. Ignoring our offensive line situation for years; lack of playmakers; bad play calling; revolving door of OC and list goes on... And now our freaking Coordinator is having issues communicating his plays in a timely manner? I don't care who your QB is... We need a coaching staff that will out prepare, think outside out the box, and put their players in a postion win ... Raye and Singletary are over matched and I'm scared they will always but nothing but big talkers and can't back up what they say

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Update: I've had conversations with people in football since posting this item. One thought was that the wristband could help as long as the offensive coordinator, Jimmy Raye, located the play he wanted quickly enough to communicate it right away.

We're screwed!!!

yep I'm more worried about if Raye will be using a chart based off of down and distance:

Calling the plays correctly comes in second when your Depends fail and you start sharting

I think that "1895" on his hat is his year of birth?

[ Edited by tn9er on Sep 18, 2010 at 08:05:00 ]
Share 49ersWebzone