There are 212 users in the forums

0-2 Doesn't Mean We Are Out Of It

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First off...I am not saying that I will be happy with a loss...but...

Prior to the season, we all went through the schedule and made our predictions. Yes...some may have thought 16-0...but really. Many thought 10-6 or 9-7 would be enough to win the West. Many of us also thought we wouldn't sweep those divisional games but going 5-1 or even 4-2, with the somewhat easy schedule, would suffice. Many of us would kill for a win over the Super Bowl Champs but really...prior to the start of the season...I and many of you counted this game as one of the losses.

Well...what has changed?

As long as we get our s&*% together and move in the right direction...0-2 is not the end of the world. I believe the West is still ours to win...and am confident we will. The talent on this team is there...they need to play like a win is not a given and all will work out.

Go Niners Go!!
88% of teams that start 0-2 don't make the playoffs.
n/m

[ Edited by jones49 on Sep 17, 2010 at 19:11:08 ]
we are 0-1??????
Originally posted by jones49:

link? Two teams the last ten years have started 0-2 and won the Super Bowl. The Pats first one, and the Giants with E. Manning. Boomer just said so on his 2 minute drill on ESPN News.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

link? Two teams the last ten years have started 0-2 and won the Super Bowl. The Pats first one, and the Giants with E. Manning. Boomer just said so on his 2 minute drill on ESPN News.

but wtf we aren't 0-2. We play much better at home. and is Jerry Rice night baby!

but wtf we aren't 0-2. We play much better at home. and is Jerry Rice night baby!

True I was just responding to the post subject. No link but it was on Mike & Mike this morning. Another stat is that teams that start 2-0 make the playoffs like 70% of the time. We defied those odds last year so even if we do start 0-2 we could defy the odds again.
In all reality the Saints game will end up in a loss. 49ers just don't have the firepower and secondary to keep up with them. That's 0-2. What worries me is the two games after that. KC is no pushover anymore and Arrowhead will be brutal on the offense just like Seattle was. And we all remember what Atlanta did to us last year. Even with a split that's 1-3. Only positive thing i see is that 7-9 can win this sorry ass division this year.
I think the teams that started 0 and 2 last season none of them made the playoffs. In 2008 I think only 3 teams that started 0 and 2 made the playoffs. Don't really matter, starting 0-and 2 in the NFL is a huge hole.
We are done. This is an NFL team that can't even get it's plays in. It's another lost season.

Some folks seem to think that 0-1 means it is all over judging by the chicken little bulls**t flooding the boards these days.
Luckily were in the NFC West.

The Cowboys also did it in the 90s. Not really expecting a Super Bowl but the division (where none of the other teams may finish .500) would not be out of the question.
Out of the last 160 teams to start 0-2 , only like 22 teams have made the playoffs. I saw it in an article in NYC bc the jets could be 0-2 after playing bmore and patriots

About 7/8 chance we miss the playoffs.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

How many 1-4 or 0-5 teams make the play-offs? That is what it looks like to me.
Share 49ersWebzone