There are 177 users in the forums

Over/Under: 2 touches for Westbrook

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Over/Under: 2 touches for Westbrook

The guy was signed for a reason. Does he see the field on Monday Night? Is this the week Jimmy Raye unleashes the 2 HB set of Gore and Westbrook in the backfield at the same time? Even if Alex were to motion one of them out wide presnap, it would at the very least put the defense on their toes and give them something else to think about. Does Raye have a plan for Westbrook other than a backup? Westbrook has been a very good player for a while now, so it seems logical to let him touch the ball.
Jimmy Raye doesn't know how to use him. He's never seen Westbrook play. Just like he doesn't know how to get the plays in. 0 touches...

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 17, 2010 at 13:31:29 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jimmy Raye doesn't know how to use him. He's never seen Westbrook play. Just like he doesn't know how to get the plays in. 0 touches...

Cosigned. I can't believe we have an OC who has never seen 1 of the best backs in the NFL play
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Cosigned. I can't believe we have an OC who has never seen 1 of the best backs in the NFL play

did he say he has never seen him play???????????????????????????????
he had to at least watch him on film or something
Raye said he will have to "see Westbrook in practice" in order to figure out how to use him. LOL....I wonder what he's learned so far in practice. hahaha good grief.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

Yes when we signed Westbrook Raye was asked how he was going to use him and said like "umm I honestly don't know yet, I haven't seen him play, I learn what type of player he is through practice and then well go from there" that.
What no push??? Damn learn how over/unders work...
  • flow
  • Veteran
Obviously under.
All that ole' Jimmy crack corn has to do is pick up a copy of Madden 09 and pick the Eagles as his team. Then go pick the play by player (westbrook) and he'll find several plays for him.

He's going to get 20 touches because Raye will forget to use Gore or he will get 1 touch where Raye will be resting his eyes for 4 seconds and not call his number again.
I hope its "over" but i doubt it. despite being one of the best players in the NFL for a period in the not-too-distant past, Jimmy Raye doesn't even know who he is.

Perfect scenario would be Westbrook getting at least 5 touches a game, on plays specifically designed to get his hands on the ball. but we'll see.
I bet westbrook wishes he went to the rams for more money.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i'd be surprised if he gets one vs the Saints. we may not see him really involved for a few more weeks with what Raye said in the late preseason.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

Has Raye never watched Monday Night football or the playoffs for the last seven or eight years? How could he not have seen Westbrook play? Wasn't he part of the conversation when deciding to sign Westbrook? Didn't they discuss what he could add to the team?

Westbrook probably isn't an every down back but it seems like he could help on third downs at least. Since they were 1/15 on third down conversions against the Seahawks that would probably be a good thing. Not able to get the plays in on time, not knowing anything about Westbrook. What is going on? Jed needs to get some people behind closed doors and demand some answers and if they are not satisfactory then he needs to demand some change. Sooner rather than later.
Share 49ersWebzone