LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

*IF* we win on Monday, which game was a "fluke"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Both. We should have beat Seattle and lost to the Saints. But that's football.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
It doesn't matter. There are no flukes in the NFL. Either you win or you lose.

Exactly. God I hope we win.
we shouldve beat seattle but it could be a blessing in disguise. hopefully they wake up and play lights out, last time seattle beat us that good early in the year we had a pretty good season.
Any team can beat any team. This is the NFL!
We've put together a defense to stop the run in an era when the pass rules the league.

This has the worst possible matchups for us. They have 6 quality pass catchers in their lineup. 4 wrs, Bush and Shockey. We need a pass rush really really bad to make up for our overmatched 2ndary.

God Almighty, I hope we can hang in the game.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
We've put together a defense to stop the run in an era when the pass rules the league.

This has the worst possible matchups for us. They have 6 quality pass catchers in their lineup. 4 wrs, Bush and Shockey. We need a pass rush really really bad to make up for our overmatched 2ndary.

God Almighty, I hope we can hang in the game.[/quo

I would add that our running game needs to get going fast and consistently, that would be our best defense and of course, we cant settle for field goals.
It means we somewhat resolved our problems from week one, and can now get back to winning the weak ass NFC West.

Oh and let us least not forget, every team in our division will also be facing the Saints this season, and this win might put us over the top with a tie-breaker down the road to win the division!
Neither, it is what it is. That is if we win, that means, the niners have a chance at making the playoffs and are better at home, that they came to play. The Seattle game is real, we lost there last year and it is a hard place to play. Never rule out a division rival even the lowly lambs.

Ast the saying goes at the right place and time anyone can be beaten, armies outnumbered 10 to 1 or even 20 to 1 can beat the favorites.
Originally posted by BobS:
Point is moot, the chance of beating the Saints is very remote. Hopefully Peyton over looked us and allowed his players to party heavily all week and not practice much.

It is not moot. They havent played the game yet. If this question was asked after monday night, then it would be moot.
Neither ...... that's exactly how this team has played up and down , If they win this game , I will need to see this team finish a second game against another good team.

[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Sep 17, 2010 at 16:24:04 ]

You cannot beat a team like the Saints by a "fluke"...lol.

You have to play nearly-perfect, sound football.
ask that again in week 8 or 17
  • kray28
  • Veteran
These homers know no bounds do they?

Where do you draw the line between hopeful optimism and flatout psychotic self delusion?
Originally posted by kray28:

Where do you draw the line between hopeful optimism and flatout psychotic self delusion?

I draw the line when we are not playing in the NFC West. There is no such thing as psychotic self delusion in this division. Playoffs are attainable, even for this team.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by kray28:

I draw the line when we are not playing in the NFC West. There is no such thing as psychotic self delusion in this division. Playoffs are attainable, even for this team.

I was talking about the slightly lower than a snowball's chance in hell that the Niners have of even keeping it competitive against the Saints.
Share 49ersWebzone