LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Skip Bayless on the GOAT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I cannot beleive that he said he would take Michael Irvin over Jerry Rice. Saying that Jerry Rice was a follower on the Niners. And Irvin was a leader. WOW, Skip just says this crap just to say it I think, but this is rediculous

Not that I'm totally agreeing with Skip but, I've seen a lot of interviews of former cowboy players and they all say that Irvin was the hands down leader of that team. This coming from Aikmen & Smith. We all know who the better player was but Jerry was never very vocal and did his speaking on the field where it counts. I would rather have a better production player than a leader. The Niners during Jerry's tenure had tons of leaders. Skip has also been in both locker rooms covering both teams. I think half the stuff he says is just for amusement and to get a rise out of people.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Yeah, that was a pretty stupid thing to say. Bayless is a moron anyways.

He's been that way since forever. When he was in the Bay Area, (the Niners were still good at the time), he hated on the Niners on a regular basis.
Skip Brainless went full retard . . .

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Bayless is like a*****es...he stinks!

FIXED.

i remember a very long time ago irvin was interviewed and one of the questions he was asked was about his opinion on wrs and their rankings in the public eye as well as among his peers. in short he referred to jerry as jesus in cleats
I think he meant Irvin was the team's dealer.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
He was a great leader for that team, and Jerry really never had to be a leader.

He led a lot of them into the little "white house" they kept on the side.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have absolutely zero respect for Skip, never have never will.
That guy is an idiot.
yes id too rather have the "push off king" rather than arguably the greatest football player of all time. Good job skip!

quote=ninerlifer]I cannot beleive that he said he would take Michael Irvin over Jerry Rice. Saying that Jerry Rice was a follower on the Niners. And Irvin was a leader. WOW, Skip just says this crap just to say it I think, but this is rediculous

the world is ending.
And how many all-time records does Irvin hold? Yeah, that's what I thought. And all of this coming from a tool who said Reshaun Woods is going to the next great receiver in the NFL. Even Irvin thinks Rice is greatest of all-time.
LEADER? Being a cocky loud mouthed a*****e isn't being a leader.

Rice was a training warrior and made everyone step up to his level. He took every pass in practice and ran it to the house. He ran that hill every day. His off season regiment was amazing. He still runs routes and that hill every day.

Steve Young said it the best when talking about a few days after their super bowl win in 94. He said he went to grab s**t out of his locker room, Jerry Rice was out there runnin routes by himself. He then described Rice.

"True leadership is leading when no one is watching."

Irvin was f**king ho's, partying, and doing drugs in the offseason. What kind of leadership is that?

f**k you Skip Bayless. Your thoughts are as gay as your name.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Bayless is like a*****es...he stinks!

FIXED.

hmm....I'll accept it!
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I cannot beleive that he said he would take Michael Irvin over Jerry Rice. Saying that Jerry Rice was a follower on the Niners. And Irvin was a leader. WOW, Skip just says this crap just to say it I think, but this is rediculous

Share 49ersWebzone