LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

ESPN Predicts for Week 2...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
It's Jerry's night......the stadium tempo alone should light a fire under the team's ass.

Im sure Sing will have the boys prepared. Im thinking upset, maybe even a big disparity in the score (eg 27-17 Niners). I dont think it will be an accurate reflection of things to come, but I think the hype will get the Niners this must needed win.

And then we see all the "where are the haters now" threads......
IMO this could have been a great opportunity for a trap game. Singletary ruins our chances by challenging Brees. 35-14 Saints.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by DeltaBoy:
Originally posted by cNiner:
45-14 saints

Wow! Are sure you a Niners fan?

it's reality

It's nothing but negativity posted daily in NT by a few people here and therefore a legitimate question asked by DeltaBoy.

The 49ers were very close to beating some playoff bound teams last year and will have an excellent shot at beating the Saints if they correct their
play calling/communication problems.

Go Niners!

[ Edited by Super5 on Sep 18, 2010 at 00:59:01 ]
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
45-14 saints

it's reality

It's nothing but negativity posted daily in NT by a few people here and therefore a legitimate question asked by DeltaBoy.

The 49ers were very close to beating some playoff bound teams last year and will have an excellent shot at beating the Saints if they correct their
play calling/communication problems.

Go Niners!

I agree. It could easily have been a much different game last week if some of the early miscommunications didn't happen. Even if we don't get a W on Monday, I expect a F-ysical game.

Go Niners!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
It's Jerry's night......the stadium tempo alone should light a fire under the team's ass.

Im sure Sing will have the boys prepared. Im thinking upset, maybe even a big disparity in the score (eg 27-17 Niners). I dont think it will be an accurate reflection of things to come, but I think the hype will get the Niners this must needed win.

Do you also start spending all your millions before you buy the lottery ticket?
It wasn't just that they lost last week, it was the way they lost. They looked like the same stupid 9er team that we have seen intermittently but way too often since 2002. They were poorly coached, and now they're facing Sean Payton, perhaps the best offensive mind in the league. And how do the QB's match up? Never mind. But our great defense? Didn't see them against Seattle.

Sure, they could theoretically win, but it would require a total turnaround on both sides.

Actually if we win we'll be de-activating the 0-2 curse, and looking at that soft schedule (regardless of how each game could be 'trap door' for us), we could surprise ourselves and slip into the playoffs.

I am with you on this one, I do not think things are as bad as many here think. The Vikings gave the Saints fits, and I know we have better db's and lb's than them. We just need some semblance of a pass rush and the saints become very beatable.
ESPN always goes by the stats and film. Even if they felt that the niners were gonna come back they would stick to the favorite.
Originally posted by juycho:
45-14 saints

We are a better team than we showed. So many things went wrong in week one.
1) communication
2) on the road
3) The team was rusty
4) McCloughan and Robinson informed the seahawks staff of our plays.
5) They knew our every move, just like the Jets Patriots game a few years ago with tampering.

In hind sight this game was a disaster waiting to happen. I do believe the niners will bounce back. But like the rest of you I do want to get a baseball bat and kick all their a$$es for playing such a poor game. If it happens again then I say it is another year of the same.

21-20 49ers

Keeping 49ers faith alive!!!!!

This guys' post should be the first thing you see whenever you post anything on this forum.

Damn, if only all of niner talk thought like this dood , it wouldn't be that big of a joke.

According to Jay Clemons of CNNSI we are an ELITE team. BUAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO HAHAHAHA:

I'll bet my life the 49ers will wipe away the wretchedness of Week 1's blowout loss to Seattle and knock off the defending champion Saints on Monday Night Football. My reasons for this bold, yet easy-to-foresee prediction are these:
1. Frank Gore is primed to have the best weekend of any NFL rusher.
2. The Niners defense will keep Drew Brees under 260 yards passing.
3. San Francisco will produce at least five trips to the red zone.
4. The 49ers possess better offensive playmakers than the Saints -- save quarterback.
5. The natural order of things dictates the Saints will have a major bullseye on their backs all year -- especially for prime-time road games. And the Niners are an elite team -- even if they didn't show it last week.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jay_clemons/09/17/friday.clicks/index.html#ixzz0zttu8LAc
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
According to Jay Clemons of CNNSI we are an ELITE team. BUAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO HAHAHAHA:

I'll bet my life the 49ers will wipe away the wretchedness of Week 1's blowout loss to Seattle and knock off the defending champion Saints on Monday Night Football. My reasons for this bold, yet easy-to-foresee prediction are these:
1. Frank Gore is primed to have the best weekend of any NFL rusher.
2. The Niners defense will keep Drew Brees under 260 yards passing.
3. San Francisco will produce at least five trips to the red zone.
4. The 49ers possess better offensive playmakers than the Saints -- save quarterback.
5. The natural order of things dictates the Saints will have a major bullseye on their backs all year -- especially for prime-time road games. And the Niners are an elite team -- even if they didn't show it last week.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jay_clemons/09/17/friday.clicks/index.html#ixzz0zttu8LAc

I dont think we are an elite team, we have the potential to be. We are a good team who played like s**t last week. We wont play like that again
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by juycho:
45-14 saints

We are a better team than we showed. So many things went wrong in week one.
1) communication
2) on the road
3) The team was rusty
4) McCloughan and Robinson informed the seahawks staff of our plays.
5) They knew our every move, just like the Jets Patriots game a few years ago with tampering.

In hind sight this game was a disaster waiting to happen. I do believe the niners will bounce back. But like the rest of you I do want to get a baseball bat and kick all their a$$es for playing such a poor game. If it happens again then I say it is another year of the same.

21-20 49ers

Keeping 49ers faith alive!!!!!

I agree. That was a fluke. In many ways is was a perfect storm for the Seahawks. We probably won't win against the Saints just because they are the best team in the league, but we are not that bad. We are still a playoff team.

I am still on the wagon.
I don't trust Jimmy Raye.
Share 49ersWebzone