LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Where Do You Stand?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Where Do You Stand?

ALL IN!!

We had all the momentum till 2 PLAYS happened last week:

1) Mid 2nd QTR, holding penalty on Clements called, that was a hold on the WR he was guarding!!!! MISSED CALL!! Leads to Seahawks first 7.... down 7-6

2) Very next possession Gores runs up the middle for a 8 yard gain to have it called back by holding on 84 Morgan..... it was a DB and Gore would have run right over him. EVENTUALLY leads to 2nd long and Smith throws a Int that leads to another 7.

I know we could have and should have scored and been up 17-0.... but the bad breaks led to a much worse outcome!!!
  • hb123
  • Veteran
lets do this!! bring on the Aint's!!
Originally posted by bret:
This is the kind of poll that is ridiculous.

There was a time 600 years or so ago, that in order to "prove" you were "faithful" you had to believe the earth was flat! How stupid does that look now?!

Just because some of us are critical of Sing or Alex or whoever doesn't make us less fans than those who believe in "my coach" because he's the coach of "my team"! It's equally stupid!

If none of us believe there's a stench or do but are not willing to stand up and say so, just because coach tells us it's roses, we're doomed to never get better!

I've been a fan since 1960. I've never wavered, through thick and through thin. But when they've been putrid, I've died a little bit on the inside. And I'm vocal when I think they're going about things in a way that won't bring us what we all should want, and that's championships!

Go Niners!

i guess your niner fan who has faith that singletary is doing things wrong!

some fans have faith in this team even in making mistakes have the possibility of turning the tide.

not saying your less of a fan just seeing at this point where people stand. what's ridiculous about that??

obviously 600 years ago a FEW people had FAITH that the world WASN'T flat. How smart does that look now??

NOTHING WRONG IN SHOUTING OUT YOUR BELIEFS!

[ Edited by keeferr75 on Sep 16, 2010 at 23:01:57 ]
[img=]
All in...

[ Edited by elbolitas49ers on Sep 16, 2010 at 22:58:57 ]
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by keeferr75:

There was a time 600 years or so ago, that in order to "prove" you were "faithful" you had to believe the earth was flat! How stupid does that look now?!

Just because some of us are critical of Sing or Alex or whoever doesn't make us less fans than those who believe in "my coach" because he's the coach of "my team"! It's equally stupid!

If none of us believe there's a stench or do but are not willing to stand up and say so, just because coach tells us it's roses, we're doomed to never get better!

I've been a fan since 1960. I've never wavered, through thick and through thin. But when they've been putrid, I've died a little bit on the inside. And I'm vocal when I think they're going about things in a way that won't bring us what we all should want, and that's championships!

Go Niners!

i guess your niner fan who has faith that singletary is doing things wrong!

some fans have faith in this team even in making mistakes have the possibility of turning the tide.

not saying your less of a fan just seeing at this point where people stand. what's ridiculous about that??

obviously 600 years ago a FEW people had FAITH that the world WASN'T flat. How smart does that look now??

NOTHING WRONG IN SHOUTING OUT YOUR BELIEFS!

You're right. I haven't been capable of blind faith since I was a little kid. (Every year I thought John Brodie and Dave Parks and Ken Willard et al. were the ticket to a championship. Oh, how deluded I was!). But when Joe Montana was the QB, I had a reason to believe.

When Cody Pickett was at the helm, I hoped and rooted, but I didn't believe.
At this point, I hope and I root, but I don't believe.

I guess I'm a "show me, don't tell me" kind of person.
I love the 49ers no matter what. They will always be my team through the good times and bad, I'm just beginning to lose faith in our head coach. The play-calling has become too predictable and lacks creativity. In a sense, Mike Singletary has put his coaching career in Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith's hands. I hope I'm wrong, and if I am I'll admit it. But after what I saw in Week 1 vs Seattle, I am not optimistic. I think this team has too much talent just to waste it. Our playoff drought has gone on for waaay too long and I hope we can fix things in a hurry before they begin to snowball out of control!

[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 16, 2010 at 23:18:11 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
ALL IN
@bret
i'm hoping the team will show so we can all be happy!!

i have a good feeling they will!! monday is taking way too long!!!!

[ Edited by keeferr75 on Sep 16, 2010 at 23:20:30 ]
All in.

Watched the game. Some silly calls. Mismanagement. Silly plays. This and more will be should be ironed out next game and as the season continues.

Its too long of an off season to get to week one and turn around and say our season is gone after one loss, then sit through the entire season then off season waiting for next season to roll around.

All in since 1999.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
We are gettin' out intensity-ed.

I paint myself totally faithful ....... but damn skeptical and I am becoming very critical of the repeated mistakes by coaches and players.

I have watched a great deal of losing football for almost a decade now. I want to see a winning season soon. I want to win the games that we should and I want to see us start winning some against good teams ....... not we were winning against a good team in the 3rd quarter and then .......
I have settled down from the major disappointment last week. We played great football the first half and lost it after a terrible play call. I am sure that Singleterry and the entire team are well aware of the play calling and play clock management issues.

If we play as well as we did the first half last week through out the entire game against the Saints I will be happy.

Go Niners!

Fair enough. But as a guy that grew up watching Spurrier lob wounded ducks, I also remember classy journalists like Barry Tompkins and Wayne Walker covering the Niners and the effect they had on barber shop discussions. I think it's safe to say that the level of discussion was a bit more grown up back then.

Of course sports journalism was actual journalism back then, rather than the men's gossip rag that it has become today.
Originally posted by seeking6th:
all in

but

crappy plays deserve smack talk by fans

this ---

love my team hate HC, OC & QB ! other than that everything is Gravey !
Originally posted by seeking6th:
all in

but

crappy plays deserve smack talk by fans

agree
Share 49ersWebzone