LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Singletary is putting his job on the line, and our season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
WOW ...... I was surprized to read we aren't going to try and stop Drew Brees we will stop Drew's offense.

He looks like a hero if his 49ER'S win ...... And if they lose he looks like the the great motivator who motivated the Saints better than his own team.

I have a genuine question let's say one of his players makes this same prediction ...... is Singletary happy or unhappy the prediction was made ?????.

I don't picture him happy in my mind.

GO NINER'S ...... but paint me skeptical about the prediction and winning the game.

ouch
I haven't taken in much Niner coverage since Sunday, so I can't believe our HC and NFL HOF actually said we will stop Drew Brees. I just can't believe that.
Originally posted by Surly-Z:
sure, people are overreacting to the performance last week and to singletary's "prediction" comparing it to joe namath, when really all he was doing was expressing confidence team.

Easy tiger, I was the first guy to call it Namath-like, and I was using Namath's name facetiosusly. Seeing as we're on the same side of the argument, let's not give the Chicken Little Crowd any undeserved ammunition.

Of course, by next week it will be a Joe Namath promise with a string tied around the finger, so what's the point, I suppose?

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Sep 17, 2010 at 00:24:27 ]
  • Mex49
How is this different than any other Sing thread?
  • bret
  • Veteran
I think the team will perform well this week. Players have pride and they certainly didn't like people seeing how they performed last week.

That said, as far as I'm concerned, the wheels have come off the Sing Express for me. The shameful way he carried himself in his Dennis O'Donnell interview today shows me a man who tries to assert control as if to prove he's more the alpha male - when he's talking to a reporter! If he truly had confidence in himself, he wouldn't have to shout down the interviewer and would have patiently answered the questions.

The way he reflected on the organization was shameful!
Originally posted by Surly-Z:
sure, people are overreacting to the performance last week and to singletary's "prediction" comparing it to joe namath, when really all he was doing was expressing confidence team....

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

he's often overly confident, he's pretty stubborn and uncreative as a coach, he seems to be a bit too emotional for his own good, and he won't move on from certain coaches--raye--and especially players--alex smith.

?? ALEX STARTED ON THE BENCH LAST YEAR AND EARNED THE STARTING JOB. RAYE HAS ONLY BEEN OC FOR 1 FULL YEAR.

But what really bothers me is the crabtree situation.

WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH CRABTREE. LETS SEE HOW THAT PANS OUT BEFORE SAYING HE WAS MISHANDLED.

Here's the Video of the conversation lol...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/09/16/singletary-disputes-report-of-losing-faith-in-coordinator/
I hate when we sign prima donna's like crabtree, people like that f**k up the cohesion of a team. giving a spoiled brat what they want and then expecting them to nut up and fly straight never works.

[ Edited by skynet907 on Sep 17, 2010 at 00:37:38 ]
Originally posted by bret:

Get off it. I've travelled enough and have seen enough NFL coaches melting down on local "Coach's Talk" segments to see nothing wrong with this.

Our quickly promoted second-year coach is learning on the job, and making mistakes that much more seasoned coaches make. Big deal.

Coach Sing got mugged by a cub reporter--and we're all familiar with the difficulties of that job--why is this an issue?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/09/16/singletary-disputes-report-of-losing-faith-in-coordinator/

Clearly, Singletary doesn't want to talk about the stupid yahoo blog/report. I actually think he did a good job of putting the focus back on the game. First home game, Monday Night Football, defending Champs - stop f**king talking about Yahoo...we have a f**king game to WIN!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Just saw the vid of the CBS interview. Sing totally let his frustration get the best of him. That was flat out embarrassing and ridiculous.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by bret:

Get off it. I've travelled enough and have seen enough NFL coaches melting down on local "Coach's Talk" segments to see nothing wrong with this.

Our quickly promoted second-year coach is learning on the job, and making mistakes that much more seasoned coaches make. Big deal.

Coach Sing got mugged by a cub reporter--and we're all familiar with the difficulties of that job--why is this an issue?

I agree, I just feel that it is time that we raised the bar. Niners fans deserve the best, we have paid with humility for long enough. This is a f**king glorious championship ball club and we need to act like it.

[ Edited by skynet907 on Sep 17, 2010 at 00:44:48 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Just saw the vid of the CBS interview. Sing totally let his frustration get the best of him. That was flat out embarrassing and ridiculous.

Know that the video was edited.

Speaking as a former campaign manager, Coach Sing needs to agree to wear some makeup. No man in his right mind wants to wear makeup, much less a HOF linebacker.

But unless you do, you look like a greasy sweaty liar under the camera lights. I've had to wear makeup on several occasions and it is the most demeaning, most emasculating process in the world...especially when the makeup "technician" is somewhat more exuberant than you think he should be.

But it's something you have to do, if looking "normal" on TV is part of your job.

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Sep 17, 2010 at 04:37:24 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Clearly, Singletary doesn't want to talk about the stupid yahoo blog/report. I actually think he did a good job of putting the focus back on the game. First home game, Monday Night Football, defending Champs - stop f**king talking about Yahoo...we have a f**king game to WIN!

That guy is classic. One thing he can do is give an interview. They will make another commercial out of this...
Originally posted by Hopper:

I haven't watched it yet... I don't know if I could......it seems like one of those things where you want to quickly reach for the remote and change the channel because it is so embarrassing...

I like Singletary, I like the discipline he brings to the team....but with him being stubborn and playing favorites.....and the fact he doesn't know how to handle the media (Dennis ODonnell is harmless poodle compared to others).... I don't see him lasting that long...

just the fact that he told Dennis to "Alex will be fine, JUST WATCH HIM Monday night"....its like with me and gambling... I'm not patient and would prefer to be put out of my misery quickly at the BlackJack table.

I really don't understand how he can be so confident in Alex to say something like that.....its like he is trying to end his coaching profession quickly, as if it is too much for him to handle.
Share 49ersWebzone