There are 172 users in the forums

Singletary is putting his job on the line, and our season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chief:
I was a huge supporter, now I think he is a total clown.

Unfortunately I agree with this...
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Having read the article, Coach Sing was already in a foul mood over the Yahoo incident, was pressed on the issue again by the reporter and was consequently pretty hot under the collar. I think it's fair to say he was being badgered a bit by the reporter and Sing, like a lot of NFL coaches in that situation, started using a series of blunt, hostile answers that contradicted the reporter's question. We've seen this a million times from a million different coaches.

So what did we learn from this? The coach has a temper. Most NFL coaches do.

This is an ant hill, not a mountain.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I agree that it was believed for a good reason, but where the players ready for it?

We have some vets who have experienced winning and the playoffs but the majority of our team hasnt even come close to being part of a winning situation so they may not know how to handle the hype.

Its a long season and if we start off slow im not worried, we will get rollin and win the West and gain valuable experience along the way

That's something that worries me too, valrod. This team seems to live and die by their emotions, are often only as good as the preceding play, and frequently a minor setback snowballs into utter fiasco. I've mentioned what I take to be a lack of mental toughness in several threads, but as you point out, it's hard to develop a winner's mindset when it's been nearly a decade since you've been a winner--more so, when you've got a team that has fundamental flaws in critical areas.

Exactly.

Im anxious for this game. I want Monday to come already, I wanna see how we respond
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
if you knew anything about "positive thinking" rules from motivational speakers like Sing, you would know you don't say "i/we will try....". you say" i/we will....". people tend to succeed more when thinking like this. you obviously feast on negativity. this is no Namath-like guarantee.

BOAST FTMFW!!!

Im anxious for this game. I want Monday to come already, I wanna see how we respond

I hear you, boss! I'll bet the Coach would eagerly agree with you, too.

This Sunday is going to be hell. Nothing worse than watching Sunday football when your game is on Monday night.

I hear you, boss! I'll bet the Coach would eagerly agree with you, too.

This Sunday is going to be hell. Nothing worse than watching Sunday football when your game is on Monday night.

aint that the truth
Having read the article, Coach Sing was already in a foul mood over the Yahoo incident, was pressed on the issue again by the reporter and was consequently pretty hot under the collar. I think it's fair to say he was being badgered a bit by the reporter and Sing, like a lot of NFL coaches in that situation, started using a series of blunt, hostile answers that contradicted the reporter's question. We've seen this a million times from a million different coaches.

So what did we learn from this? The coach has a temper. Most NFL coaches do.

This is an ant hill, not a mountain.

Yahoo! The Voice of Reason has arrived!

It seems to me that people are now looking for reasons to not like Singletary.
HATERS GONNA HATE

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
HATERS GONNA HATE

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Prior to hearing Singletary say, "We will stop Drew Brees", I thought we'd be okay even if we didn't win this coming Monday Night. But now things are different. Instead of showing us, he has told us. This prediction is not unlike his statement that we'd be in the playoffs last year. Unfortunately for us as fans, and our 49ers, that did not come to fruition. Should his latest prediction also fall short, I believe we will likely see the end of the Singletary Era before season's end.

What do you think Zoners? Are you upset about Singletary's comments? Are you pumped? Has confidence been restored? Faith lost? Personally, I feel like the wheels are coming off of the bus based on what happened this past Sunday and Singletary's behavior since. Clearly all is not well in San Francisco. I'm not exactly sure what is amiss, but it is something. Does Singletary regret hiring Raye? Keeping Smith as his QB? Laying an egg in Seattle? All three?

At this point, all I can say is I'm practically shocked. The surprises keep rolling in, but they're not the kind of surprises we want to see as fans. First we get our ass kicked in a game where we really should have dealt the ass-kicking, and now we're getting to witness our HC meltdown. And while some might believe our HC is simply melting down because of negative media press, I believe it is something more. Why? Because Singletary has always articulated that he doesn't care about the press.

Help!

He could have said, " Drew Brees is going to smash us. We don't stand a chance". Would that make a difference to you?

Just when I thought the WZ couldn't get more retarded. Just deleted this forum from my favorites. It's just too much.
WOW ...... I was surprized to read we aren't going to try and stop Drew Brees we will stop Drew's offense.

He looks like a hero if his 49ER'S win ...... And if they lose he looks like the the great motivator who motivated the Saints better than his own team.

I have a genuine question let's say one of his players makes this same prediction ...... is Singletary happy or unhappy the prediction was made ?????.

I don't picture him happy in my mind.

GO NINER'S ...... but paint me skeptical about the prediction and winning the game.
sure, people are overreacting to the performance last week and to singletary's "prediction" comparing it to joe namath, when really all he was doing was expressing confidence team.

But then again....as much as I'm glad he's our coach, and still like the guy, a lot of these things have been building for a while and I'm starting to wonder if I haven't been in denial about coach sing all along.

he's often overly confident, he's pretty stubborn and uncreative as a coach, he seems to be a bit too emotional for his own good, and he won't move on from certain coaches--raye--and especially players--alex smith.

But what really bothers me is the crabtree situation. There's no way you can look back at the whole Vernon Davis moment from two years ago and not wonder whatever happened to that passion, that unwillingnes to tolerate selfishness, that "can play with em. can't win with em. can't do it. I want winners" thing. That became the defining speech, and now you look at crabtree and go....what's up with that coach?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
lost faith...
This team is going to give me a heart attck
Share 49ersWebzone