LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Singletary is putting his job on the line, and our season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Having read the article, Coach Sing was already in a foul mood over the Yahoo incident, was pressed on the issue again by the reporter and was consequently pretty hot under the collar. I think it's fair to say he was being badgered a bit by the reporter and Sing, like a lot of NFL coaches in that situation, started using a series of blunt, hostile answers that contradicted the question. We've seen this a million times from a million different coaches.

So what did we learn from this, the coach has a temper. Most NFL coaches do.

This is an ant hill, not a mountain.

The problem is he will be held account for his statement if the 49ers don't follow through, and it will add to the negative publicity the team is already receiving.

No it won't. It's not as big of a deal as you're making it.

Both Jed York and Singletary have made unfulfilled prophecies before.

-9fA

Yep. I doubt the Yorks will give into outside pressures. If they did, Steve Young would be owning this team right now.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
it's a new record! the 100000 singletary thread!

PRICELESS!!!!
Originally posted by Swankypro:

Go out there and play some F*cking football, Niners!

If I read the interview correctly, that's what the Coach was trying to talk about, or as he said in that interview, "I want to talk about New Orleans, if you want to talk about that?"
When Drew Brees throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, Singletary will thank Brees in the post game press conference for the whooping. And the homers will chalk it up as some deep psychological masterplan he has for this team. How bout actually game planning and coming out prepared? That might increase your chances more than all this nonsense that no one will remember by Sunday anyway.
Having read the article, Coach Sing was already in a foul mood over the Yahoo incident, was pressed on the issue again by the reporter and was consequently pretty hot under the collar. I think it's fair to say he was being badgered a bit by the reporter and Sing, like a lot of NFL coaches in that situation, started using a series of blunt, hostile answers that contradicted the question. We've seen this a million times from a million different coaches.

The problem is he will be held account for his statement if the 49ers don't follow through, and it will add to the negative publicity the team is already receiving.

-9fA

THIS

Everybody believed the hype the niners were getting this offseason, the fans , the coaches, the players and just because we lost the game and we lost badly everybody wants to point fingers and find out why we lost when we had these great expectations WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LOSE or play badly didnt you read that we are the NFC WEST champs

The facts are we played bad. Alex Smith and the entire team were horrible including the coaching staff but it was 1 game this season. Lets see how the team reacts to this situation.

This Saints game win or lose is the biggest game we will play all year no matter what happens the rest of the season after it.

Will the team show up and right the ship or will we continue to sink.

If the 9ers come out and play hard and are competitive even if we lose i think that will be a huge step for this team considering what has happened this first week. Now if we get blown out thats another story to me that will show that these layers cant handle this and that comes from how they are coached so Sing will have some explaining to do.

Sorry, i kind of rambled and dont even know if that makes sense.

GO 9ers
Nice post, valrod33. It made a lot more sense to me than many of the hyperventilating posts I've read on this board since Sunday.
Originally posted by valrod33:

-9fA

THIS

Everybody believed the hype the niners were getting this offseason, the fans , the coaches, the players and just because we lost the game and we lost badly everybody wants to point fingers and find out why we lost when we had these great expectations WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LOSE or play badly didnt you read that we are the NFC WEST champs

The facts are we played bad. Alex Smith and the entire team were horrible including the coaching staff but it was 1 game this season. Lets see how the team reacts to this situation.

This Saints game win or lose is the biggest game we will play all year no matter what happens the rest of the season after it.

If the 9ers come out and play hard and are competitive even if we lose i think that will be a huge step for this team considering what has happened this first week. Now if we get blown out thats another story to me that will show that these layers cant handle this and that comes from how they are coached so Sing will have some explaining to do.

GO 9ers

People believed the hype for good reason. The 49ers nearly won the division last season, and based on everything that happened in the offseason, they looked like the far and away favorites to take the crown in 2010-11.
We won't stop Brees. We will lose. And I'm not surprised or shocked. This is the organization we are.

-9fA

THIS

GO 9ers

People believed the hype for good reason. The 49ers nearly won the division last season, and based on everything that happened in the offseason, they looked like the far and away favorites to take the crown in 2010-11.

I agree that it was believed for a good reason, but where the players ready for it?

We have some vets who have experienced winning and the playoffs but the majority of our team hasnt even come close to being part of a winning situation so they may not know how to handle the hype.

Its a long season and if we start off slow im not worried, we will get rollin and win the West and gain valuable experience along the way

-9fA

THIS

GO 9ers

I agree that it was believed for a good reason, but where the players ready for it?

We have some vets who have experienced winning and the playoffs but the majority of our team hasnt even come close to being part of a winning situation so they may not know how to handle the hype.

Its a long season and if we start off slow im not worried, we will get rollin and win the West and gain valuable experience along the way

If we win, we'll be in good shape. But if we lose, the team is going to look bad, and Singletary is going to look even worse. And if we can't move the ball, and we get blown out again, things are going to get very ugly very quick.

-9fA

THIS

GO 9ers

If we win, we'll be in good shape. But if we lose, the team is going to look bad, and Singletary is going to look even worse. And if we can't move the ball, and we get blown out again, things are going to get very ugly very quick.

What do you expect the guy to say? Talk and the reality are 2 different things with this team.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We won't stop Brees. We will lose. And I'm not surprised or shocked. This is the organization we are.

so what? we are only in the 6th of coach nolan's 7 years plan. the ownership is staying the course to faithfully execute that plan.
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

so what? we are only in the 6th of coach nolan's 7 years plan. the ownership is staying the course to faithfully execute that plan.

The original 7 years build plan is going to turn into 15.
Sing is playing with Fire man...

its one thing to be confident in your team....but to say the defense WILL stop Brees?....but to say Alex and company WILL move the ball against the SuperBowl Champions?

If Sean Payton didn't already have enough material to motivate his team coming off a SuperBowl season...this will do the trick. You can only imagine what Payton will be saying behind close doors to the team....as well as reminding them they will be on National TV and BETTER put on a show.

Singletary panics too much....after all this talk and everything that happened these past couple of weeks....he is putting too much pressure on himself....on something he can't even legitimately control....sure he can guide the team, but its the players that will have to execute.

I can really see a scenario what Sing pulls Alex if he struggles early on against the Saints....don't get me wrong....yesterday I wouldn't have said this....but the way Sing is putting pressure on himself to deliver on his talk, I really don't see him being patient on Monday night, if Alex struggles early....especially if the crowd is booing like crazy. (which they have done before, regarding Alex)

That's something that worries me too, valrod. This team seems to live and die by their emotions, are often only as good as the preceding play, and frequently a minor setback snowballs into utter fiasco. I've mentioned what I take to be a lack of mental toughness in several threads, but as you point out, it's hard to develop a winner's mindset when it's been nearly a decade since you've been a winner--more so, when you've got a team that has fundamental flaws in critical areas.
Share 49ersWebzone