There are 228 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iLL49er:
good point.

but god damn it pisses me off that we wasted the last 2yrs on this guy.

anyone else notice the mike johnson talks about how he has to hold back the offense because troy smith doesn't know yet...yet we continue to roll him out as we try to make the playoffs while smith sits on the bench and he knows the entire offense.

this guy just can't make any good decisions.

in this situation the last 2-3 games alex smith should've been the starter as he knows the entire playbook and allows us to be flexible

look at you begging for more of the Alex Smith hold on to your lunch nightmare ride lol. i'd be happy if we cut the bum today just to get rid of his aura of "i have zero confidence and small hands". His presence probably has a negative impact if suck is contagious.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Dec 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM ]
I like singletary he was a great hof player he just doesnt know nothing about a good offense and couldnt find a good offensive coordinator to make up for his short comings the hiring of jimmy raye was his biggest mistake he should have keep mike martz look at how well chicago offense is playing i doubt mike singletary didnt put in the hours he just could fix his problems no matter how much film he watched
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
good point.

anyone else notice the mike johnson talks about how he has to hold back the offense because troy smith doesn't know yet...yet we continue to roll him out as we try to make the playoffs while smith sits on the bench and he knows the entire offense.

in this situation the last 2-3 games alex smith should've been the starter as he knows the entire playbook and allows us to be flexible

look at you begging for more of the Alex Smith hold on to your lunch nightmare ride lol. i'd be happy if we cut the bum today just to get rid of his aura of "i have zero confidence and small hands". His presence probably has a negative impact if suck is contagious.

no way am i for alex..i'm for shaun hill. that is who should've been our QB, but dinglecrack demoted him and then cut him.

but when the off cord is complaining that he can't really do all he wants w/ his current qb...u'd think common sense would be to put in the one who allows you to do whatever. we aren't winning w/ troy or alex...

fck this team is big waste of talent. crabtree is prob open 80% of the time
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
good point.

William Wallace killed 50 men....fifty!

Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. If he were here he's consume the English is Balls of Fire from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse!!

Sorry...its my favorite movie. ;-)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well the team looks like the coaches dont put in enough hours.
i also doubt he watches any other football games besides the Niners. He obviously doesn't know how the league has changed and its now a passing league.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
I like singletary he was a great hof player he just doesnt know nothing about a good offense and couldnt find a good offensive coordinator to make up for his short comings the hiring of jimmy raye was his biggest mistake he should have keep mike martz look at how well chicago offense is playing i doubt mike singletary didnt put in the hours he just could fix his problems no matter how much film he watched

'cept he decided the first thing he would do as head coach is fire a brilliant offensive coordinator that played a huge roll in him getting the job in the first place and who now has the Bears sitting atop the NFC north.

Singletary's stubborn/arrogant approach to his job has only served to emphasize his shortcomings and neutralize his strengths. He has made shooting yourself in the foot an art, one which the team emulates to perfection.
[ Edited by DJD on Dec 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM ]
In watching some pretty good teams over the past few weeks, i notice one thing the head coaches do that i never see with Singletary...

That's talking into the headset and/or holding a play card over their mouths as they talk. In fact, the microphone is almost always over his head. Everyone seems to do it or there is at least "some sort of communication going on." Not from this guy. Just a lot of yelling at the ref's and standing there with his arms crossed like a basketball coach.

One of the many things that infuriates me about this guys now... another sign of his cluelessness.
He still sucks.

MAJOR f**k up on Jed's part. His one and only pass.
Share 49ersWebzone