There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO:

IF Singletary returns next season. How does that make you feel?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkk no.

This is my only worry now. All this hype about Troy and Sing flys under the radar and comes back. Please no.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO:

IF Singletary returns next season. How does that make you feel?

well, then it just wouldn't make any sense. You'd also need to change the "does" to "would"
singletary will have to lead us to the championship for jed to even think of bringing him back, and even if he does i dont want him back. i want an offensive genius
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
singletary will have to lead us to the championship for jed to even think of bringing him back, and even if he does i dont want him back. i want an offensive genius

i hope your right. But historically speaking, the Yorks haven't exactly made the best decisions.
Originally posted by Dino:
pissed the f**k off
At this point, not feeling too good about it. No reason to be. 3-6!!! This team is just not well coached. They have gone from killer turnovers to killer penalties. And the defense, which you should be able to count on under Singletary, has taken a step back. The Niners play like the Raiders. Well, not even that good right now. Unacceptable. I'm not against Singletary having some role in the organization. Just not as head coach right now. Get Holmgren! Let’s go!

[ Edited by RedAlert on Nov 16, 2010 at 09:41:03 ]
that would be awesome,...!!!!!

cuz i know the 49ers just won the superbowl
Every week Chilo Rachal starts means Singletary is that much closer to being fired.
Originally posted by RedAlert:
At this point, not feeling too good about it. No reason to be. 3-6!!! This team is just not well coached. They have gone from killer turnovers to killer penalties. And the defense, which you should be able to count on under Singletary, has taken a step back. The Niners play like the Raiders. Well, not even that good right now. Unacceptable. I'm not against Singletary having some role in the organization. Just not as head coach right now. Get Holmgren! Let’s go!

singletary is built to be a college coach where his stature alone will help him recruit, he doesnt know s**t about strategy and is stuck in 80's football. we won 3 games in spite of singletary but because we are a talented team thats not being coached right
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by susweel:
I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I would rather not make the playoffs if it means Sing coming back.

Sing needs to go so we can build a team that actually has a chance at winning the super bowl someday.

Think about this though, They fired mooch for erickson, they fired him for Nolan, then him for Sing... Do you think the Yorks ACTUALLY thought any of those coaches could get us to the big game? Do you REALLY think they are worried about getting back to the Super Bowl? I don't. They're sittin on their 5 Trophies and sucking the cash out of faithful fans like me and you, putting this crappy sub par product on the field day in and day out. If they were gonna hire a GM and/or a Coach that could get us back to the Super Bowl, they would have done so by now. Jed may be the face but John still holds the wallet... and that s**t has a chastity belt on it with a lost key . So my point is, might as well win as many as we can. f**k throwing games, because they WILL NOT bring in the quality we need. If we get Holmgren, Gruden or even Harbaugh, I'll eat my words, but I doubt Jed has the balls to stand up to daddy to get them paid, and go after them...

Oh yea, Jed, the boy who experienced all the glory first hand, is going to "tank" our team.

That is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard. He grew up just like us witnessing the championships. I believe his heart is full of those experiences and these failures are ripping it apart.

The fact that you as well as many others like SanDiego believe that the boy prince would purposefully degrade his team through apathy and greed is totally preposterous!

C'mon now! Don't let the hate misguide you all. Jed made a mistake with Singletary, period. He will bring in a "Brand" name, watch. He has too for his sake and his precious stadium's. There are too many solid candidates next year not for him to fire Singletary.

If he does return, I would not be happy and would seriously consider not renewing my tickets next year.

We need that "Brand". Singletary is not it.

What have they done to make you think otherwise? They are cheap as f**k... and ruined our franchise. Jed may not be tanking the team, but he's a young f**ker that's in way over his head... I hope I'm wrong... but I think that after a loss... all he needs to do is log into his online banking and take a look at the account balance... then I'm preeeeety sure he's lookin like this again ------>
We need to move on and go after Gruden.
Originally posted by cools:
3 good coaches

Harbaugh- He was on KNBR the other day, and made it pretty clear that he loves being at Stanford and how he's just getting started there, I doubt he leaves yet

Holmgren- Love to have em, but I doubt he leaves, in fact I dont think he can.
and to make things worse, I bet he hires Gruden as the HC

so I like all three, but I doubt any of them will be options for the Niners

Singletary returns next season. How does that make you feel?
I'd join the ranks of those who think Jed York has failed

Now, If someone like Billick got the job, and kept his buddy Sing around as an assistant, I'd be ok with that,
It could be a wise move for Sing, learn from one of the best teachers out there

That would be a good move for Singletary but I don't know how that would set with the team.

I still believe most of the players like playing for Singletary. It is just that his skill set is so limited at this time...

I would be OK with Billick. He is a bright guy who has won both with offense in Minne and defense in Baltimore.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
As long as this team wins and becomes a winner it doesn't matter who the coach is. One thing that we must like about Sing is that he's not afraid to make changes.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by cools:
3 good coaches

Harbaugh- He was on KNBR the other day, and made it pretty clear that he loves being at Stanford and how he's just getting started there, I doubt he leaves yet

Holmgren- Love to have em, but I doubt he leaves, in fact I dont think he can.
and to make things worse, I bet he hires Gruden as the HC

so I like all three, but I doubt any of them will be options for the Niners

Singletary returns next season. How does that make you feel?
I'd join the ranks of those who think Jed York has failed

Now, If someone like Billick got the job, and kept his buddy Sing around as an assistant, I'd be ok with that,
It could be a wise move for Sing, learn from one of the best teachers out there

That would be a good move for Singletary but I don't know how that would set with the team.

I still believe most of the players like playing for Singletary. It is just that his skill set is so limited at this time...

I would be OK with Billick. He is a bright guy who has won both with offense in Minne and defense in Baltimore.

no way i want billick, he was known for being a so called offensive guru for having a randy moss at the time that couldve challenged jerry for top statistics and a hall of famer in carter. then he goes to baltimore and cant find a qb then replaces the sb winning qb even though he wasnt great but did a good job of managing the offense and let the d take over and replaces him with elvis freaking grbac. he then drafts sorry ass kyle boller, ray lewis and his d won billick a sb in 00