There are 696 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Originally posted by altadenaniner:
Let's be honest here, none of us know what is going to happen in the future. So let me ask; how would you feel if Singletary returned as the head coach next season?

I'm fine with it.

I would be 100% behind it. He's a good leader and I think the players respect him.
Like vomiting.
I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I would rather not make the playoffs if it means Sing coming back.

Sing needs to go so we can build a team that actually has a chance at winning the super bowl someday.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by boast:
We ain't gonna make no playoffs and Sing should be canned.

way to stay positive, hater.

Just keeping it real.

We pretty much have to win every game. When was the last time a niner team won that many games in a row ? Not since Garcia.

But Garcia led us to the playoffs in 2001 and 2002
I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I would rather not make the playoffs if it means Sing coming back.

Sing needs to go so we can build a team that actually has a chance at winning the super bowl someday.

agreed. Singletary is a major factor in why this team can't break into the next level.

2 out of 3 on my list have been taken care of.

Raye - check
A.Smith - check
Singletary -
I believe he will be a good HC at some point in the future. The problem right now is that he was promoted to the level before he was experienced enough to do the job.

So in a way, what we see if more Jed's fault than Singletary's. MS is doing the best he knows how. He just doesn't know enough about the nuances of teaching the ENTIRE team and game management...yet.

I admire his drive and determination. He is also a pretty bright guy. Those things will make him good at some point. The only question is; will Jed agree to continue on the job training?

Think about this though, They fired mooch for erickson, they fired him for Nolan, then him for Sing... Do you think the Yorks ACTUALLY thought any of those coaches could get us to the big game? Do you REALLY think they are worried about getting back to the Super Bowl? I don't. They're sittin on their 5 Trophies and sucking the cash out of faithful fans like me and you, putting this crappy sub par product on the field day in and day out. If they were gonna hire a GM and/or a Coach that could get us back to the Super Bowl, they would have done so by now. Jed may be the face but John still holds the wallet... and that s**t has a chastity belt on it with a lost key . So my point is, might as well win as many as we can. f**k throwing games, because they WILL NOT bring in the quality we need. If we get Holmgren, Gruden or even Harbaugh, I'll eat my words, but I doubt Jed has the balls to stand up to daddy to get them paid, and go after them...
Holmgren, Harbaugh, Gruden

one of them will be our HC next season
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Holmgren, Harbaugh, Gruden

one of them will be our HC next season

If Jed has the balls to do it, then I owe him an apology. God I hope he does...
pissed the f**k off
to infinity and beyond!!!!

Singletary is an awful head coach period, he has never at any level not even pee wee football had an executive coaching position! He should be a "Quality control" coach on defense, learning to coach, he has never prepared a game plan, how the hell is he expected run a team. Fire him? Never should have hired him! he is years away from being a head coach and I don't want him learning on our time!!!!!
  • cools
  • Veteran
3 good coaches

Harbaugh- He was on KNBR the other day, and made it pretty clear that he loves being at Stanford and how he's just getting started there, I doubt he leaves yet

Holmgren- Love to have em, but I doubt he leaves, in fact I dont think he can.
and to make things worse, I bet he hires Gruden as the HC

so I like all three, but I doubt any of them will be options for the Niners

Singletary returns next season. How does that make you feel?
I'd join the ranks of those who think Jed York has failed

Now, If someone like Billick got the job, and kept his buddy Sing around as an assistant, I'd be ok with that,
It could be a wise move for Sing, learn from one of the best teachers out there,
Originally posted by zozell:

Think about this though, They fired mooch for erickson, they fired him for Nolan, then him for Sing... Do you think the Yorks ACTUALLY thought any of those coaches could get us to the big game? Do you REALLY think they are worried about getting back to the Super Bowl? I don't. They're sittin on their 5 Trophies and sucking the cash out of faithful fans like me and you, putting this crappy sub par product on the field day in and day out. If they were gonna hire a GM and/or a Coach that could get us back to the Super Bowl, they would have done so by now. Jed may be the face but John still holds the wallet... and that s**t has a chastity belt on it with a lost key . So my point is, might as well win as many as we can. f**k throwing games, because they WILL NOT bring in the quality we need. If we get Holmgren, Gruden or even Harbaugh, I'll eat my words, but I doubt Jed has the balls to stand up to daddy to get them paid, and go after them...
Rumor has it Jed is talking to Uncle Eddie a lot. Eddie hired some BAD people before he saw his errors and turned to Bill Walsh and John McVay. Let's hope Jed follows that pattern at the end of this season.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
NO f**k dingleberry.

fire his lame ass

No kidding, how can you keep this stupid moron who picked Alex Smith, and David Carr over Troy Smith. It was the blind squirrel finding a nut syndrome. Dingletary gets ZERO credit for the turn around. I think if he came back there would be riots and I would join in.
Originally posted by zozell:

Oh yea, Jed, the boy who experienced all the glory first hand, is going to "tank" our team.

That is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard. He grew up just like us witnessing the championships. I believe his heart is full of those experiences and these failures are ripping it apart.

The fact that you as well as many others like SanDiego believe that the boy prince would purposefully degrade his team through apathy and greed is totally preposterous!

C'mon now! Don't let the hate misguide you all. Jed made a mistake with Singletary, period. He will bring in a "Brand" name, watch. He has too for his sake and his precious stadium's. There are too many solid candidates next year not for him to fire Singletary.

If he does return, I would not be happy and would seriously consider not renewing my tickets next year.

We need that "Brand". Singletary is not it.