LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
nothing would surprise me. I'd actually expect him to come back.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by susweel:
We ain't gonna make no playoffs and Sing should be canned.

way to stay positive, hater.

Just keeping it real.

We pretty much have to win every game. When was the last time a niner team won that many games in a row ? Not since Garcia.

Just keeping it real.

We pretty much have to win every game. When was the last time a niner team won that many games in a row ? Not since Garcia.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
NO f**k dingleberry.

fire his lame ass

No kidding, how can you keep this stupid moron who picked Alex Smith, and David Carr over Troy Smith. It was the blind squirrel finding a nut syndrome. Dingletary gets ZERO credit for the turn around. I think if he came back there would be riots and I would join in.
It would tell me that Jed York learned nothing since the Nolan era. Inexperienced HC = high chance of failure. Holmgren, Shanny, Gruden, etc...somebody with experience and can lead this talented team to the division title and playoffs, PLEASE!!
Even if we win a playoff game SIng aint coming back. He would need us to make the superbowl in order for him to come back.
Originally posted by altadenaniner:
Let's be honest here, none of us know what is going to happen in the future. So let me ask; how would you feel if Singletary returned as the head coach next season?

I'm fine with it.

I would be 100% behind it. He's a good leader and I think the players respect him.
Like vomiting.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I would rather not make the playoffs if it means Sing coming back.

Sing needs to go so we can build a team that actually has a chance at winning the super bowl someday.

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Just keeping it real.

But Garcia led us to the playoffs in 2001 and 2002
I'll probably get blasted for saying this but I would rather not make the playoffs if it means Sing coming back.

Sing needs to go so we can build a team that actually has a chance at winning the super bowl someday.

agreed. Singletary is a major factor in why this team can't break into the next level.

2 out of 3 on my list have been taken care of.

Raye - check
A.Smith - check
Singletary -
  • dj43
I believe he will be a good HC at some point in the future. The problem right now is that he was promoted to the level before he was experienced enough to do the job.

So in a way, what we see if more Jed's fault than Singletary's. MS is doing the best he knows how. He just doesn't know enough about the nuances of teaching the ENTIRE team and game management...yet.

I admire his drive and determination. He is also a pretty bright guy. Those things will make him good at some point. The only question is; will Jed agree to continue on the job training?

Think about this though, They fired mooch for erickson, they fired him for Nolan, then him for Sing... Do you think the Yorks ACTUALLY thought any of those coaches could get us to the big game? Do you REALLY think they are worried about getting back to the Super Bowl? I don't. They're sittin on their 5 Trophies and sucking the cash out of faithful fans like me and you, putting this crappy sub par product on the field day in and day out. If they were gonna hire a GM and/or a Coach that could get us back to the Super Bowl, they would have done so by now. Jed may be the face but John still holds the wallet... and that s**t has a chastity belt on it with a lost key . So my point is, might as well win as many as we can. f**k throwing games, because they WILL NOT bring in the quality we need. If we get Holmgren, Gruden or even Harbaugh, I'll eat my words, but I doubt Jed has the balls to stand up to daddy to get them paid, and go after them...
Holmgren, Harbaugh, Gruden

one of them will be our HC next season
Share 49ersWebzone