There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

We could have two more wins than we have if Singletary doesn't decide to put in Bowman in the most critical situation that can decide the game so that he can gain experience.

Having Spikes in at the end in the Denver game helped. Spikes makes plays in pass defense. He has more INT's than most of the players on defense while with the Niners.
Saw what the difference of a smart coach vs a numbskull. The Falcons scored on a run by Turner. They ran a play where the blocking seemed to point to a run up the middle but was a slight delay just outside the pileup where Turner had only a DB to get it. Numbnuts goes for Norris up the middle. Factor in the fact it rarely works but Singletary bravely butts heads with logic and looks puzzled. It is hard to imagine a guy this dumb ever got his jock on. He probably thought it was a tea cozy.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We could have two more wins than we have if Singletary doesn't decide to put in Bowman in the most critical situation that can decide the game so that he can gain experience.

Having Spikes in at the end in the Denver game helped. Spikes makes plays in pass defense. He has more INT's than most of the players on defense while with the Niners.

I don't even get why Spikes has been getting thrown under the bus this year. -Hate to cut 'low' but Spikes has been a far better MLB this year for us than Willis (which is why Spikes has been getting 'top-billing' on first quarter defensive introductions).
All the talk on radio and TV is about possible head coaching candidates and Singletary still has half a season left.

Must suck for him listening to all that.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I don't even get why Spikes has been getting thrown under the bus this year. -Hate to cut 'low' but Spikes has been a far better MLB this year for us than Willis (which is why Spikes has been getting 'top-billing' on first quarter defensive introductions).

Our Defense suffered last year also the few games he was hurt. He studies so much that he probably knows the oppositions offense more than our coaches.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Our Defense suffered last year also the few games he was hurt. He studies so much that he probably knows the oppositions offense more than our coaches.

Spikes know his stuff...

He's probably taking plays off to call plays
How come ever since Singletary became HC he never once was seen speaking into his headset during games?

[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
How come ever since Singletary became HC he never once was seen speaking into his headset during games?

cuz the camera is not on him the entire game

Originally posted by valrod33:

cuz the camera is not on him the entire game

LOL

Because he talks into his big wooden cross to a higher power.
Singletary's relationship with his head phone is hilarious.

It will go to the Hall of Fame, like his jersey and helmet. The Hall will play a continuous loop of video showing Sing interacting with the thing, and even stomping on it. It will be like the old football follies show.

I couldn't believe my eyes today when I saw an infomercial on football coaching DVDs featuring some various famous coaches.

The names?

Mike Ditka, Bobby Bowden, Sean Payton, Rex Ryan, and...

wait for it...

wait for it...

MIKE SINGLETARY

I couldn't believe my eyes. If anybody buys his DVD over the other 4, I seriously question their ability to further live on this earth.

Originally posted by Schulzy:
I couldn't believe my eyes today when I saw an infomercial on football coaching DVDs featuring some various famous coaches.

The names?

Mike Ditka, Bobby Bowden, Sean Payton, Rex Ryan, and...

wait for it...

wait for it...

MIKE SINGLETARY

I couldn't believe my eyes. If anybody buys his DVD over the other 4, I seriously question their ability to further live on this earth.

lol, I seen that too, but I think it's sold as a set, and I'm guessing Singletary's portion is probably the "motivation" aspect of coaching?! lol
Let's be honest here, none of us know what is going to happen in the future. So let me ask; how would you feel if Singletary returned as the head coach next season?

I'm fine with it.