There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Originally posted by English:
Well, you three can all hang together, but I don't want to see my team lose. Ever. This is a very young team and a 1-15 season, which I assume you are hoping for, would be very damaging. People just like you were hoping we would lose all our games the other year so we would get Reggie Bush, because he would transform the team. Oh, right.

It would be fairly simple to argue that every game played by every team other than the eventual Super Bowl champion, is ultimately meaningless. To talk of games being meaningless at this point in the season is dubious, to say the least.

Well said, English. I can't agree more with your assertion that a 1-15 season would be severely damaging to our young team. The danger our team is facing right now has nothing to do with "losing" a top 5 draft pick, rather the danger is in taking yet another step toward becoming the Lions--a team that has had no shortage of high draft picks.

Losing is fast becoming the institutional culture of the 49ers and tanking the remaining season for an expensive, long-odds craps shoot of a lottery pick will only further metastasize the cancer of losing throughout the organization. Losing is contagious and insidiously difficult to erradicate once it takes root. You don't mess around with losing, certainly not for a craps shoot draft pick.
we need a real CB before we need a QB
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Nov 1, 2010 at 5:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I agree. You don't waste high draft picks on QBs--the odds are very poor. I'd rather see us address the pass rush in the first round.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

I agree. You don't waste high draft picks on QBs--the odds are very poor. I'd rather see us address the pass rush in the first round.

The odds are poor but when you hit on a QB early you hit really big. But I would rather take a CB or pass rusher depending who the BPA is at the time. We can find a QB in the 2nd or 3rd.
Singltary did his best yesterday, and we still won, despite his ULTRA conservative game plan and amazingly bad decisions, somehow our players skill shined through!

THREE STRAIGHT HAND OFFS TO DIXON TO TRY AND SEAL THE WIN WTF!!!!!!!!
"It was like watching Brett Farve." What's wrong with this guy? I can't believe some of the quotes he comes up with. Troy was efficient and did just enough to win, and Brett is like 80 but whoa now.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by carlgo:
He got lucky, the Yorks are celebrating not having to fire him, he will be here even longer, the win may have ruined the franchise for years, the most expensive win in modern Niner history.

This was an EXTREMELY costly win. It basically killed our shot at the #1 pick as well. At this point, we're just destroying our draft position and our future.

Would you ever tell player like Patrick Willis or Takeo Spikes to their face that you're a fan that hopes they lose for a higher draft pick?

What does that have to do with wanting the team to succeed in the future? That has nothing to do with anything regarding the future of this team. We've been through so many meaningless wins the last few years, it has nothing to do with how I view the effort of Willis and Spikes. Stop being so myopic.

Your idea of success is the hope that we Lose the remainder of the games for a high draft pick because you are one of those type of people that think that THIS years best QB prospect is the second coming of Peyton Manning, and no matter what negative effect a bad season has on the team, it'll ALL be worth it, once they get THIS YEARS top QB prospect. Forget the fact that that RARELY happens, and usually a quarterback coming into an impossible situation ends up getting ruined or simply can't turn the franchise around, and that franchise continues to be bad.
Why bother pretending you're even a Niner fan?

It sounds like you haven't been around the last 6 years. Meaningless wins are exactly that: MEANINGLESS. They are doing nothing at this point except ruining our draft position and keeping Sing in charge so he can run Gore into a wall every play. I will always support the effort of our players, but being short-sighted has very little appeal to me at this point How is this even a bad situation? With a good Offensive HC, and a good supporting cast, this would be an excellent situation for a young QB.

Now, if we kept this current staff around and brought in a young QB, it would be an utter disaster. This staff has no business developing a young Qb, they have proven to be wildly inept regarding that position, the most important position on the team. Going 7-9 or 8-8 does nothing for me, what excites me as a 49er fan is brining in someone who knows how to run a team; hopefully, most true fans feel the same.

Well, you three can all hang together, but I don't want to see my team lose. Ever. This is a very young team and a 1-15 season, which I assume you are hoping for, would be very damaging. People just like you were hoping we would lose all our games the other year so we would get Reggie Bush, because he would transform the team. Oh, right.

It would be fairly simple to argue that every game played by every team other than the eventual Super Bowl champion, is ultimately meaningless. To talk of games being meaningless at this point in the season is dubious, to say the least.

Dont Lump me in with that craziness, I still dont get how people this day and age can rationalize tanking or wanting their team to lose for a high draft pick, when its obvious its the same perpetual crap teams drafting high over and over again. I mean there's so many obvious factors that go into WHY it would be bad to have a losing season (team and fan morale, driving the price up to resign key players, making your franchise look undesirable for free agents looking for a place to win) that it still amazes me every year that people spout the same nonsense, and then have the audacity to question Singletary's intelligence
So getting plays in are still a problem.

Raye is gone.
Alex was not playing.

What the hell are we left with? You got to lay this on Sing too me thinks. Something he brings to the table is gumming up the works.

God we need a HC with experience
Originally posted by danimal:
So getting plays in are still a problem.

Raye is gone.
Alex was not playing.

What the hell are we left with? You got to lay this on Sing too me thinks. Something he brings to the table is gumming up the works.

God we need a HC with experience

Cheap equipment ???
Singletary on the decision to try the forward pass after the Broncos took the lead, "You realize you can't sit on three points."

that is a real quote, not a joke
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Singletary on the decision to try the forward pass after the Broncos took the lead, "You realize you can't sit on three points."

that is a real quote, not a joke

Dif fo be trippin he justs talks if he thought that we would have a better record
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I very much disagree. I'd take a franchise QB any day over a top CB. A franchise QB has a lot to do with winning games more than a CB, who'd eliminate only half the field while the opposing QB could still pick apart the other half. Right now the only thing missing a offense is a QB. On defense we still need or aren't set at the NT, LB and Safety positions.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I very much disagree. I'd take a franchise QB any day over a top CB. A franchise QB has a lot to do with winning games more than a CB, who'd eliminate only half the field while the opposing QB could still pick apart the other half. Right now the only thing missing a offense is a QB. On defense we still need or aren't set at the NT, LB and Safety positions.

True dat on QBs. Look at the Denver game Champ Bailey's name was called maybe twice and T. Smith went to the other side of the field. Revis's name gets called ever once and awhile and GOOD QBs go to the other side of the field.

QB>CB
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Payton Manning. Sam Bradford and Mr. Stafford don't look to shabby either.

WE..just didn't get lucky. All three of those players are accurate and have balls. Even Troy Smith has balls..

Fire Singletary. If it wasn't for our players he woulda lost us the game...AGAIN.
Was listening to the elder coach Bowden and he mentioned he and some other coaches have training dvds for youngsters and mentioned the coaches and one was Mike Singletary. I was amazed that someone so incompetent is dumb enough to project himself as someone to emulate. True he might incite some true bonehead to greater heights of mashing brains. I think he might inspire a generation of insipid morons to propogate themselves and become the new world order.