LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:
So getting plays in are still a problem.

Raye is gone.
Alex was not playing.

What the hell are we left with? You got to lay this on Sing too me thinks. Something he brings to the table is gumming up the works.

God we need a HC with experience

Cheap equipment ???
Singletary on the decision to try the forward pass after the Broncos took the lead, "You realize you can't sit on three points."

that is a real quote, not a joke
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Singletary on the decision to try the forward pass after the Broncos took the lead, "You realize you can't sit on three points."

that is a real quote, not a joke

Dif fo be trippin he justs talks if he thought that we would have a better record
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need a real CB before we need a QB

I very much disagree. I'd take a franchise QB any day over a top CB. A franchise QB has a lot to do with winning games more than a CB, who'd eliminate only half the field while the opposing QB could still pick apart the other half. Right now the only thing missing a offense is a QB. On defense we still need or aren't set at the NT, LB and Safety positions.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I very much disagree. I'd take a franchise QB any day over a top CB. A franchise QB has a lot to do with winning games more than a CB, who'd eliminate only half the field while the opposing QB could still pick apart the other half. Right now the only thing missing a offense is a QB. On defense we still need or aren't set at the NT, LB and Safety positions.

True dat on QBs. Look at the Denver game Champ Bailey's name was called maybe twice and T. Smith went to the other side of the field. Revis's name gets called ever once and awhile and GOOD QBs go to the other side of the field.

QB>CB
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

I agree. You don't waste high draft picks on QBs--the odds are very poor. I'd rather see us address the pass rush in the first round.

Payton Manning. Sam Bradford and Mr. Stafford don't look to shabby either.

WE..just didn't get lucky. All three of those players are accurate and have balls. Even Troy Smith has balls..

Fire Singletary. If it wasn't for our players he woulda lost us the game...AGAIN.
Was listening to the elder coach Bowden and he mentioned he and some other coaches have training dvds for youngsters and mentioned the coaches and one was Mike Singletary. I was amazed that someone so incompetent is dumb enough to project himself as someone to emulate. True he might incite some true bonehead to greater heights of mashing brains. I think he might inspire a generation of insipid morons to propogate themselves and become the new world order.
We could have two more wins than we have if Singletary doesn't decide to put in Bowman in the most critical situation that can decide the game so that he can gain experience.

Having Spikes in at the end in the Denver game helped. Spikes makes plays in pass defense. He has more INT's than most of the players on defense while with the Niners.
Saw what the difference of a smart coach vs a numbskull. The Falcons scored on a run by Turner. They ran a play where the blocking seemed to point to a run up the middle but was a slight delay just outside the pileup where Turner had only a DB to get it. Numbnuts goes for Norris up the middle. Factor in the fact it rarely works but Singletary bravely butts heads with logic and looks puzzled. It is hard to imagine a guy this dumb ever got his jock on. He probably thought it was a tea cozy.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We could have two more wins than we have if Singletary doesn't decide to put in Bowman in the most critical situation that can decide the game so that he can gain experience.

Having Spikes in at the end in the Denver game helped. Spikes makes plays in pass defense. He has more INT's than most of the players on defense while with the Niners.

I don't even get why Spikes has been getting thrown under the bus this year. -Hate to cut 'low' but Spikes has been a far better MLB this year for us than Willis (which is why Spikes has been getting 'top-billing' on first quarter defensive introductions).

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All the talk on radio and TV is about possible head coaching candidates and Singletary still has half a season left.

Must suck for him listening to all that.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I don't even get why Spikes has been getting thrown under the bus this year. -Hate to cut 'low' but Spikes has been a far better MLB this year for us than Willis (which is why Spikes has been getting 'top-billing' on first quarter defensive introductions).

Our Defense suffered last year also the few games he was hurt. He studies so much that he probably knows the oppositions offense more than our coaches.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Our Defense suffered last year also the few games he was hurt. He studies so much that he probably knows the oppositions offense more than our coaches.

Spikes know his stuff...

He's probably taking plays off to call plays
How come ever since Singletary became HC he never once was seen speaking into his headset during games?

[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
How come ever since Singletary became HC he never once was seen speaking into his headset during games?

cuz the camera is not on him the entire game

Share 49ersWebzone