LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He tried is best to lose, but it was just out of reach.

Well, Singletary has the bye week to figure out what went wrong and fix it.

Oh man did he ever! Dixon at one of the most important parts of the game?
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by carlgo:
He got lucky, the Yorks are celebrating not having to fire him, he will be here even longer, the win may have ruined the franchise for years, the most expensive win in modern Niner history.

This was an EXTREMELY costly win. It basically killed our shot at the #1 pick as well. At this point, we're just destroying our draft position and our future.

Your commitment to your so called team is embarrassing. Would you ever tell player like Patrick Willis or Takeo Spikes to their face that you're a fan that hopes they lose for a higher draft pick?
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
He got lucky, the Yorks are celebrating not having to fire him, he will be here even longer, the win may have ruined the franchise for years, the most expensive win in modern Niner history.

This was an EXTREMELY costly win. It basically killed our shot at the #1 pick as well. At this point, we're just destroying our draft position and our future.

Would you ever tell player like Patrick Willis or Takeo Spikes to their face that you're a fan that hopes they lose for a higher draft pick?

What does that have to do with wanting the team to succeed in the future? That has nothing to do with anything regarding the future of this team. We've been through so many meaningless wins the last few years, it has nothing to do with how I view the effort of Willis and Spikes. Stop being so myopic.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
On NBC's pre-game show, Peter King is saying that Sigletary "looks like a genius" for bypassing Carr and starting T. Smith. He also called today "Singletary's best day as the 49er's coach."

Singletary was just okay today. Alot of play calling decision VERY questionable.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
On NBC's pre-game show, Peter King is saying that Sigletary "looks like a genius" for bypassing Carr and starting T. Smith. He also called today "Singletary's best day as the 49er's coach."

Singletary was just okay today. Alot of play calling decision VERY questionable.

Singletary being OK would mean it was his finest moment.

Would you ever tell player like Patrick Willis or Takeo Spikes to their face that you're a fan that hopes they lose for a higher draft pick?

What does that have to do with wanting the team to succeed in the future? That has nothing to do with anything regarding the future of this team. We've been through so many meaningless wins the last few years, it has nothing to do with how I view the effort of Willis and Spikes. Stop being so myopic.

Your idea of success is the hope that we Lose the remainder of the games for a high draft pick because you are one of those type of people that think that THIS years best QB prospect is the second coming of Peyton Manning, and no matter what negative effect a bad season has on the team, it'll ALL be worth it, once they get THIS YEARS top QB prospect. Forget the fact that that RARELY happens, and usually a quarterback coming into an impossible situation ends up getting ruined or simply can't turn the franchise around, and that franchise continues to be bad.
Why bother pretending you're even a Niner fan?
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hahahaha Trent Green was just saying on NFLN how Singletary has completely lost it, and that he's going mentally insane; quoting Winston Churchill at 1-6 when he knows he's gonna get fired at the end of the year!

Singletary used the quote because this is probably the darkest point of his career, and he is just saying he is not going to quit even though the writing is on the wall. People are just not understanding the context of the phrase.

People were thinking England was doomed to fall to Germany, but they fought and they triumphed. Churchill proclaimed it their finest hour.

Singletary is saying that there are people out there who think the 49ers are done but they will fight and they will win, making this the organization's finest hour.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Just out of curiosity, who are the people who thought England would fall to Germany?
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Hahahaha Trent Green was just saying on NFLN how Singletary has completely lost it, and that he's going mentally insane; quoting Winston Churchill at 1-6 when he knows he's gonna get fired at the end of the year!

Singletary used the quote because this is probably the darkest point of his career, and he is just saying he is not going to quit even though the writing is on the wall. People are just not understanding the context of the phrase.

People were thinking England was doomed to fall to Germany, but they fought and they triumphed. Churchill proclaimed it their finest hour.

Singletary is saying that there are people out there who think the 49ers are done but they will fight and they will win, making this the organization's finest hour.

Just out of curiosity, who are the people who thought England would fall to Germany?

At the time it was in no assured that it would not. My understanding is that the general mood was quite bleak and Germany had not yet lost on any front.

Your idea of success is the hope that we Lose the remainder of the games for a high draft pick because you are one of those type of people that think that THIS years best QB prospect is the second coming of Peyton Manning, and no matter what negative effect a bad season has on the team, it'll ALL be worth it, once they get THIS YEARS top QB prospect. Forget the fact that that RARELY happens, and usually a quarterback coming into an impossible situation ends up getting ruined or simply can't turn the franchise around, and that franchise continues to be bad.

It sounds like you haven't been around the last 6 years. Meaningless wins are exactly that: MEANINGLESS. They are doing nothing at this point except ruining our draft position and keeping Sing in charge so he can run Gore into a wall every play. I will always support the effort of our players, but being short-sighted has very little appeal to me at this point How is this even a bad situation? With a good Offensive HC, and a good supporting cast, this would be an excellent situation for a young QB.

Now, if we kept this current staff around and brought in a young QB, it would be an utter disaster. This staff has no business developing a young Qb, they have proven to be wildly inept regarding that position, the most important position on the team. Going 7-9 or 8-8 does nothing for me, what excites me as a 49er fan is brining in someone who knows how to run a team; hopefully, most true fans feel the same.

It sounds like you haven't been around the last 6 years. Meaningless wins are exactly that: MEANINGLESS. They are doing nothing at this point except ruining our draft position and keeping Sing in charge so he can run Gore into a wall every play. I will always support the effort of our players, but being short-sighted has very little appeal to me at this point How is this even a bad situation? With a good Offensive HC, and a good supporting cast, this would be an excellent situation for a young QB.

Now, if we kept this current staff around and brought in a young QB, it would be an utter disaster. This staff has no business developing a young Qb, they have proven to be wildly inept regarding that position, the most important position on the team. Going 7-9 or 8-8 does nothing for me, what excites me as a 49er fan is brining in someone who knows how to run a team; hopefully, most true fans feel the same.

Jerry Jones is going the Singletary route and apologizing to the fans.

LOL!!!

The Cowboy's misery helps my own misery.

True, and I think that given his freedom, OC Johnson could develop a QB from what we have, although you would have to go with Luck if it was possible.

I think what we have seen is Sing. If he went, things would be quite different and much better. Soona de betta.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Jerry Jones is going the Singletary route and apologizing to the fans.

LOL!!!

The Cowboy's misery helps my own misery.

lol
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

The rest of the world after they had learned how the German Blitzkrieg had quickly defeated the Dutch, Belgian, French and English armies on mainland Europe. Their next step was an air and sea invasion of the British Isles, but the Battle of Britain put an end to that plan.

Don't you watch the World War II channel??
Share 49ersWebzone