LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Did Seattle create the best blueprint to beat us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Seattle create the best blueprint to beat us?

Originally posted by Thrash88:
we beat ourselves Seattle didn't do s**t. We didn't FINISH early which is why we lost. We put points on the board like we should from inside the redzone and we're up 21-0. Simple to say hard to accomplish!

Lol didn't finish
When did we start
It was a great many things that beat us. I think the niners as well as the fans here on the zone and elsewhere were getting ahead of themselves, trash talking about the seachickens, when in fact they did beat us once last year. We forget that Hasselhoff (yes I know that is not his name) is more than a decent QB.

However we got ahead of ourselves thinking it was automatic that they just had to showup, all cause Warner retired. Well the niners better get their a$$ in check or it will be handed to them on a platter. I said it just before we started we everyone got mad cause sports writers were not being homers, until we prove its all talk and you don't play on paper, this is not fantasy league, if not careful even the lambs will beat us.
Same blueprint as the last 10 years. We can't run the ball, pass the ball or defend the pass. Do you know many teams who are successful with that blueprint. That's what I thought.
Originally posted by WildBill:
It was a great many things that beat us. I think the niners as well as the fans here on the zone and elsewhere were getting ahead of themselves, trash talking about the seachickens, when in fact they did beat us once last year. We forget that Hasselhoff (yes I know that is not his name) is more than a decent QB.

However we got ahead of ourselves thinking it was automatic that they just had to showup, all cause Warner retired. Well the niners better get their a$$ in check or it will be handed to them on a platter. I said it just before we started we everyone got mad cause sports writers were not being homers, until we prove its all talk and you don't play on paper, this is not fantasy league, if not careful even the lambs will beat us.

Most of the knowledgeable fans were still worried about weak pass rush from the D-line, a new O-line, a suspect secondary, and sorry a** Smith. Simpletary BLAMES the players for not being ready for Seattle? Does he know that this reflects directly on HIM? Singletary is a poser just like his mentor Nolan.
Originally posted by Daniners:
Same blueprint as the last 10 years. We can't run the ball, pass the ball or defend the pass. Do you know many teams who are successful with that blueprint. That's what I thought.

we usually can run the ball. Aren't we like 25-6 when Gore has over 100 yards or something???
Originally posted by global_nomad:

we usually can run the ball. Aren't we like 25-6 when Gore has over 100 yards or something???

no I thinks it's more than 20 carries
It's a combination of options 3 and 4.

Shot ourselves in the foot by jumping routes. 2 of were or would have been Picks, one of them would have been 6.

Then having 4 of our own play, scout and Coach for them didn't help.

Add to that the overconfidence on the part of the Coaching staff and that was the recipe for disaster.

I doubt that the Saints learn much from this other than Brees being able to pump fake our DBs' out of their jocks. Better have a Safety playing Center Field just in case. This is a Home game so unless their Fan Base all swarm the Stick, crowd noise won't be a factor like it was in Shattle.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by TFSP:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
One of our smartest offensive players gets picked up by them

OH god. It never ends.

He was smart, he just wasn't good. Keep yawning and take a nap rookie.

What does him being smart have to do with anything? People try to make something out of Robinson's dismissal, which came a couple years later than it should have, when there is really nothing there.

Robinson's smarts have nothing to do with Alex overthrowing wide open receivers and the plays coming in late and garbled to the point nobody understood them.

Your theories are what's putting me to sleep. Rookie.

Rookie at posting, but not the game, man, not the game. I've been around the game all my life, so its completely wrong to label me a rookie.

I never said we shouldn't have had released MRob, but you would be the fool if you think he doesn't have the 'smarts' to explain to the D coordinators what are weakness and strengths are. SOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo you don't know what yourrrrrrrrrrr talking about!

Well first of all, I called you a rookie to prove a point. You don't know me, I don't know you, yet you still thought it was acceptable to call ME a rook. How would you know if I've been around the game or not?

2nd, reread the booded section of my post. We beat ourselves, they didn't beat us. Robinson's "smarts" didn't make us play the way we did. That's my point.
One of our smartest offensive players gets picked up by them

OH god. It never ends.

He was smart, he just wasn't good. Keep yawning and take a nap rookie.

What does him being smart have to do with anything? People try to make something out of Robinson's dismissal, which came a couple years later than it should have, when there is really nothing there.

Robinson's smarts have nothing to do with Alex overthrowing wide open receivers and the plays coming in late and garbled to the point nobody understood them.

Your theories are what's putting me to sleep. Rookie.

Rookie at posting, but not the game, man, not the game. I've been around the game all my life, so its completely wrong to label me a rookie.

I never said we shouldn't have had released MRob, but you would be the fool if you think he doesn't have the 'smarts' to explain to the D coordinators what are weakness and strengths are. SOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo you don't know what yourrrrrrrrrrr talking about!

Well first of all, I called you a rookie to prove a point. You don't know me, I don't know you, yet you still thought it was acceptable to call ME a rook. How would you know if I've been around the game or not?

2nd, reread the booded section of my post. We beat ourselves, they didn't beat us. Robinson's "smarts" didn't make us play the way we did. That's my point.

Excuse me, I meant "re-read the BOLDED" portion of my post.

I can't edit on mobile.
NFL is all about a chess game regarding film. Carroll had been in college football so we didn't have a lot on him and he had a lot on us. Next game will be a huge difference

• Walsh
  • Veteran
We beat ourselves with such basic offensive play calling that my dog could have been choosing the plays.

Play 1: Gore runs up the middle
Play 2: VD goes long up the middle
Play 3: short pass to a WR for a gain of 2 yards.

Gee...a team cracked our code! Shocking! I gotta admit that when this season began, I thought we'd see a lot of passing the ball around to help open the game up for Gore. They want to cover VD, then we hit Crabtree short or we fake to Gore and hit Ginn long. We could have used Dixon to change things up when Gore wasn't going anywhere. We could have split out Westbrook and Gore and hit VD long...Heck, we could have just kept throwing it to Walker. I don't think he had a drop all day.

The defense for every team against us is plug the middle and stay on top of Davis. We have to get Crabtree involved and we have to keep hitting a play when it works rather than keep trying to go back to Gore or VD after we have a little success. We have to prove we can score with other guys or the season's over. Why the heck do we bother having these other guys? Apparently, all we need is Gore, an O-line and VD and we're all good on offense for Jimmy Raye.

We can't consistently run the ball. Our run game is very much boom or bust with the booms very far and few in between. I believe it's more so due to the line. You can give Gore 30 carries and there would still be a good chance that he doesn't go over 100 yards.

This line can't get any push to save their life. I especially have absolutely no confidence in our line in short yardage.

-9fA
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

We can't consistently run the ball. Our run game is very much boom or bust with the booms very far and few in between. I believe it's more so due to the line. You can give Gore 30 carries and there would still be a good chance that he doesn't go over 100 yards.

This line can't get any push to save their life. I especially have absolutely no confidence in our line in short yardage.

-9fA

The thing that I really don't understand is why we never go back to a play that works. We kept going back to Gore up the middle hoping he would bust 100 yards to make up for all the nothing we got. Did they really think that would happen again? It's like that's our bread and butter whether it works or not. I think we need to fake the run up the middle more and then run AOP. (ANY Other Play).
Share 49ersWebzone