LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Did Seattle create the best blueprint to beat us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Seattle create the best blueprint to beat us?

This whole ending of the world stuff is rediculous. Seattle did not beat us, we beat ourselves. The game was litterally the tale of two football teams. The game came down to this:

1. two double moves for 14 pts.
2. one play where the WR took his eye of the ball and tipped the ball into the air.
3. another play where the WR and QB both screwed up resulting in a pick six for another 7 pts.
4. One horribly thrown ball to an equally horrible FB resulting in another 7 pts swing.

Add up those plays and you have 28 pts that would have swung to our direction. Go and watch the first half of that game and it is very clear that Seattle was just plain getting their ass kicked by a far superiod football team.

Once the fans got into it and the game just too crazy i.e. after the pick six in the 3rd quarter, I would seriousl just throw the rest of the film away becuase it isn't indicia of how the teams really compare. Sometimes craxy $hit happens on the football field and that was one of those days.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TFSP:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TFSP:
One of our smartest offensive players gets picked up by them

OH god. It never ends.

He was smart, he just wasn't good. Keep yawning and take a nap rookie.

What does him being smart have to do with anything? People try to make something out of Robinson's dismissal, which came a couple years later than it should have, when there is really nothing there.

Robinson's smarts have nothing to do with Alex overthrowing wide open receivers and the plays coming in late and garbled to the point nobody understood them.

Your theories are what's putting me to sleep. Rookie.

Rookie at posting, but not the game, man, not the game. I've been around the game all my life, so its completely wrong to label me a rookie.

I never said we shouldn't have had released MRob, but you would be the fool if you think he doesn't have the 'smarts' to explain to the D coordinators what are weakness and strengths are. SOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo you don't know what yourrrrrrrrrrr talking about!
Its not very difficult to devise a plan to beat a team who has a QB that can't beat you.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
They way we played last week, poor game plan, poor play calling poor on field performance, I will give you the blue print to beat the Niners... SHOW UP.

I expect a more focused and determined team this week, I demand better play calling (offensive and defensive) I will remain highly critical until I see better performance, no more excuses from the coaches, we have a quality NFL roster.

I want winners, that includes coaches....Singletary!

This!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
shut down Gore and dare Alex Smith to make plays. unfortunately that works.
There were plays where if it was an inch more, if the defenders were just 100ths of a second late getting there, things may have gone our way. But thats football. Thats life. Now I hope our boys go out there and play to their potential because we need something to cheer about.
I notice there are always a lot of IFs here. Is someone would have caught the ball; if so and so would have run the right route; if so and so would have thrown the pass to the correct shoulder; if the OL blocked the right people ; if our coaches had brains that functioned properly. Always the same excuses.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Yes, because they have Scot McCloughan, and Scot McCloughan hired Sing and Raye.
They exposed many of our weaknesses. I'd look for other teams to do the same. Sing better get this sh!t fixed, and quick....
Had they connected on the pass to Morgan and Norris, we would have kicked butt. The problem is, we need to learn how to finish those drives. I really don't know what happened in the second half, since we were only down 14-6, no need to immediately go into all passing...

we beat ourselves Seattle didn't do s**t. We didn't FINISH early which is why we lost. We put points on the board like we should from inside the redzone and we're up 21-0. Simple to say hard to accomplish!
The blueprint has been around for awhile...Stack the line. "We gonna play smashmouth football..." "We are going to focus on the run..." "Frank Gore is the centerpiece of the 49er offense..."

It's sort of like a punch-drunk boxer telegraphing his roundhouse right.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's always been the gameplan to beat us if people have been paying attention.

Sadly, this.

This wasn't a new phenomenon.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Not at all. This was the same exact blue print all teams smoked us with last year. Stack 8-9 players inside the DE's and run blitz en route to stopping Gore or sacking Alex. This resulted in constant 3rd and longs and allowed the rest of the defense to rush the passer and play very aggressive in the secondary.

On offense, teams would exploit the passing game (making our run defense numbers look good), double down on Smith and never worry about Lawson/Haralson. Key in on Clements and Lewis in particular and spread out the defense and exploit the lack of speed. The sacks numbers will be collective but very few will make a difference in a game (pre-A. Brooks). Manusky runs a very vanilla 3-4.

It took teams 2 or 3 games last year to create this easy game plan and every team used it last season. Everyone knows how stubborn Singletary is when it comes to his philosophy on offense...hell, he telegrapged it in the media and backed it up with Raye and with his personnel packages.

This is a VERY easy team to game plan for. Can you imagine how hard it would be for a real coaching staff to game plan for New Orleans? Now, picture game planning for us. Night and day. The bigger issue is that WE DON'T GAME PLAN. We just play our game. Period.

The way to beat this defense is quick slants and seams down either side of the field. Alex can hit a slant pass -- but we all know his difficulty at hitting seams down the sideline. Dude is just not accurate. Yet.

Still -- it's how you beat that coverage. It can be done. We just haven't been able to execute it yet.

Oh yeah -- and our tackles have to provide some basic protection back there. I'm hoping for a much better game out of Davis and Staley this Monday. Give Alex some time back there and he can embarass this defensive game plan.

But he needs time.
ya their gamepaln was to have raye calling plays in ancient tongues so our QB could guess what he was thinking. every team tries to limit gore and VD, its not a well hidden secret to take away the other teams best players
Share 49ersWebzone