LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

ALEX SMITH ROCKIN' THE WRISTBAND!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
WOOOOOOO!!!! POST PICS OF WRISTBANDS!!! POSTING HEADBANDS = INSTANT BAN! AND NO RATTING!!!

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/24696101867

Quote:
MaioccoCSN

49ers quarterback Alex Smith was wearing a wristband with the plays on it during the team's open portion of practice this afternoon.

i hope this helps him out.
Originally posted by jreff22:
To be a dick does Jimmy start calling the numbers out in Japanese?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex knows the plays fine. He doesn't need a wristband. The OC needs to enunciate clearly and he needs to stop fumbling through papers and get the plays in to the lineup in time.

That's not the issue. The issue is SPEED. This way, all Raye has to say, for example, is "5! 5!" and Alex can then look at the band, see play #5 and call the actual play in detail in the huddle.

Raye will still be fumbling through his papers and won't be able to find them fast enough. Plus with his pronunciation "55" will sound like "65." There will be screw ups let me assure you...

Well not so fast. This might be a good thing. Let's say "55" is the patented tried and true dive up the middle into a cloud of dust and "65" is the TE seam pass that worked so well for us last year. Huhuh?
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I can't believe that we are just now addressing these types of issues that are so elementary to game day preparation! It's an embarrassment to this team.

I just shake my head at all these headlines... "will we even show up Monday night?"

The maintenance guy will forget the damn keys to the team parking lot. They'll have to flag down a raiderfan with bolt cutters. The game will start late.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
took a pro team 6 years to think of this...

Are you basing the 6 years on how many years Alex Smith has been in the league? Because if you are, mind you that this problem isn't because of Smith. It's because of Raye and Johnson communicating the play to him.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I can't believe that we are just now addressing these types of issues that are so elementary to game day preparation! It's an embarrassment to this team.

I just shake my head at all these headlines... "will we even show up Monday night?"

The maintenance guy will forget the damn keys to the team parking lot. They'll have to flag down a raiderfan with bolt cutters. The game will start late.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
took a pro team 6 years to think of this...

Are you basing the 6 years on how many years Alex Smith has been in the league? Because if you are, mind you that this problem isn't because of Smith. It's because of Raye and Johnson communicating the play to him.

Doubt that....Hondakillerzx is thinking the same thing I was. Alex should had this from the start....
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
This coaching staff is brilliant. We definitely have a leg up on the competition now with this new technology.

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Cowboyhtr24:
The Sad thing about this situation is that not even my HIGH SCHOOL TEAM have a problem with calling plays. This is supposed to be a PRO TEAM? I hope Raye gets canned and the qb coach takes over!

its a lot more complex than that

If you guys get a chance, listen to the Jason Cole interview on KNBR. It's amazing we don't have a dozen delay of game penaltys. Jimmy Raye calls the play by the wrong name then relays it to the QB coach which then has to find the correct name call then relay to Smith. No wonder Sing says Nate Davis isn't ready. Imagine a coordinator with Alzheimers relaying plays to someone that has dyslexia!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal81:
The Sad thing about this situation is that not even my HIGH SCHOOL TEAM have a problem with calling plays. This is supposed to be a PRO TEAM? I hope Raye gets canned and the qb coach takes over!

If you guys get a chance, listen to the Jason Cole interview on KNBR. It's amazing we don't have a dozen delay of game penaltys. Jimmy Raye calls the play by the wrong name then relays it to the QB coach which then has to find the correct name call then relay to Smith. No wonder Sing says Nate Davis isn't ready. Imagine a coordinator with Alzheimers relaying plays to someone that has dyslexia!

Scary to think that maybe not be far from the truth.

good idea. That way Raye just has to call out a number, smith looks at his dainty wrist and we're set.

no more

Raye: "mrrrrmrrrightmmrrpost.rrrr..........rmmmmmm.eightyfive...rrrrrrmmmmmmmflat...."

"Who's Yahoo?"
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
good idea. That way Raye just has to call out a number, smith looks at his dainty wrist and we're set.

no more

Raye: "mrrrrmrrrightmmrrpost.rrrr..........rmmmmmm.eightyfive...rrrrrrmmmmmmmflat...."

"Who's Yahoo?"

it still wont help if raye is calling out the wrong play and then he has to find the number that matches his wrong play... We're doomed...we shouldn't even play anymore and just forefit the season!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

no more

"Who's Yahoo?"

it still wont help if raye is calling out the wrong play and then he has to find the number that matches his wrong play... We're doomed...we shouldn't even play anymore and just forefit the season!

sounds like a plan to me. Draft the best QB possible. I firmly believe that we now have a team that we can throw a rookie into and have him succeed.
Originally posted by Nes49:

Scary to think that maybe not be far from the truth.

i think we saw the end result of that on Sunday. Just think Seattle has 27 new players and a new HC. The 49ers got waxed by a crap team. Thats trouble.
Share 49ersWebzone