There are 161 users in the forums

'78 Steelers beat '84 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran

Bulls**t
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I have the 84 49ers as best of all time.
I wouldn't fret. We know we're better than them.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
NFL Super league at ESPN is still a cool idea...

The 89 49ers did win their game versus the 85 Bears.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
more BS, no 94 Niners!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
89 49ers greatest of all time. They would STOMP anybody period.
F**king bull. Is this rage on 49er week or something. The scenario they describe in that game is almost exactly what happened in Week 1. Shut down the run game and we can't do anything. Only problem is that is Joe they are talking about. Joe would have just thrown the team on his back and won it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
F**king bull. Is this rage on 49er week or something. The scenario they describe in that game is almost exactly what happened in Week 1. Shut down the run game and we can't do anything. Only problem is that is Joe they are talking about. Joe would have just thrown the team on his back and won it.

The major problem I have is in both games Montana throws a pick.
Well to put it in perspective, the 1978 Steelers had 5 Hall of Famers on the defense alone.

LC Greenwood
Joe Greene
Jack Ham
Jack Lambert
Mel Blount

Overall, they have a total of 10 Hall of Famers. The HOFers on offense:

Terry Bradshaw
Franco Harris
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth
Mike Webster

That's almost half of the starting lineup.
89 49ers beat the 85 Bears

Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:

The major problem I have is in both games Montana throws a pick.

Not just a pic, they have Montana playing like crap in both games. 50% completion rate 3 INTs to 2 TDs. Talk about bulls**t.

Look at some of the comments on the 89 Niners vs 85 Bears. Bunch of Chicago homers say the Bears would win that game easily. Ridiculous.
78 Steelers woudnt stand a chance. Bunch of Steriod using slow pokes. The reason the 84 Niners were so great is because they used speed and agility to beat all the juice head teams. It wouldnt be close mabe 55-14.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Well to put it in perspective, the 1978 Steelers had 5 Hall of Famers on the defense alone.

LC Greenwood
Joe Greene
Jack Ham
Jack Lambert
Mel Blount

Terry Bradshaw
Franco Harris
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth
Mike Webster

Yeah but Bradshaw!!!!????

Anyway 89 Niners wop them both. And everyone else.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
78 Steelers woudnt stand a chance. Bunch of Steriod using slow pokes. The reason the 84 Niners were so great is because they used speed and agility to beat all the juice head teams. It wouldnt be close mabe 55-14.

Spoken like a true homer!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

LC Greenwood
Joe Greene
Jack Ham
Jack Lambert
Mel Blount

Terry Bradshaw
Franco Harris
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth
Mike Webster

Yeah but Bradshaw!!!!????

Anyway 89 Niners wop them both. And everyone else.

Yeah I know. Early in his career he was beaten on the depth chart by a skinny black QB who was a playmaker (he name escapes me at the moment). So he wasn't good/great his entire career.
Share 49ersWebzone