There are 266 users in the forums

Mike Singletary's Approval Rating.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Mike Singletary's Approval Rating.

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by backontop:
I have some faith but it is fading fast with every game that passes by. His lack of knowledge about the X's and O's of football are holding us back from progressing to the next level.

Where did you learn of this now infamous supposed lack of knowledge of football X's and O's?

Hmmm let's see, so far he has continuously shown poor use of time outs, challenges, choosing offensive coordinators, hell anything offense related. He is a motivational speaker and a positions coach at best. Great for Patrick Willis and the other linebackers but to say that he has what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL? the jury is still out. Maybe he will change my mind in the upcoming weeks.

So you have no answer for my question then?

No the answer is by watching the 49ers get out coached every week. Singletary is a motivational speaker yet the 49ers come out flat and unprepared constantly.
I give coach Mike Nolantary an F-. Before the season I would have given him a D, I've never been a big fan. Top coaches in the league are strategists and not rah rah motivational speakers. There is no excuse for that kind of unprepared blunders in the pro level. I haven't seen high school and college teams not getting plays on in time or burning 3 timeouts in a quarter.
When a team has this much talent and cannot get it together as a cohesive unit I say that is poor coaching. I don't think Sing is doing a good job. I was a staunch supporter of getting him as the Coach and I was brutally wrong. Insert Crow here
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
I give coach Mike Nolantary an F-. Before the season I would have given him a D, I've never been a big fan. Top coaches in the league are strategists and not rah rah motivational speakers. There is no excuse for that kind of unprepared blunders in the pro level. I haven't seen high school and college teams not getting plays on in time or burning 3 timeouts in a quarter.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Greatest Fear:

I'm a trends guy and firmly believe that people tend to stick to known characteristics/habits/beliefs, especially when they believe that what they're doing isn't all that bad. This is how I see the 49ers offensive play-calling. I think there's no dispute that getting the calls in on time helps. However, if we don't become more creative in attacking defenses, the run game only offense simply isn't going to work. The rookies are talented but not experienced and to expect them to dominate at this level from day one is foolish.

I can't remember a game with Raye as coach where the 49ers came out and just exploded offensively from the beginning. It's the "let's try the run game first and plod our way down the field mixing in dinks and dunks." I've never seen a play where I said - wow didn't see that coming. I just can't see Raye at 65 or 70 just changing it all between games. I can't see Singletary saying "attack, attack, attack" on offense.

I know people are saying it's just one game, but I'm not seeing the supposed balance and creativity. Hell, when you leave Brian Westbrook on the bench for 60 minutes, you should be questioned just for general principle. WTF?

Plus Juanito
What do you guys think about Jimmy Johnson as a possible HC?

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 15, 2010 at 21:55:58 ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
What do you guys think about Jimmy Johnson as HC?

yes! the ultimate revenge, f**k dallas
Share 49ersWebzone