There are 202 users in the forums

MaioccoCSN: Another change in 49ers coaches booth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by lamontb:
is this a bad joke? Are you telling me he had to have one guy in the booth to help him manage clock issues. He isn't calling plays on defense or offense so why can't he manage the clock? this gotta be a joke. Please tell me this a joke.

Exactly!

Even with Paraag's help, Singletary screwed up game management numerous times last year as well. Early burned timeouts, screwups with the clock, dumb challenges that let to lost timpouts.

Anyone remember the big last minute Monday night screwup against the Cards? The whole country saw that on National TV. So this has happened before and is nothing new.

I don't get the people who think that this issue just surfaced right now.

Basically Sing's honeymoon is caputo now, and people are starting to notice the warts in his game.
Alarmist, much? Helping the coach with "clock/rules" is apart of what Paraage has been doing for years. In fact, most teams have another guy in the booth to act as a separate set of eyes, mostly on challenges where the coach can't quite see all the angles.

Sing is far from perfect as a coach, but you guys should calm down.
I have a feeling like Paraage is acting as Big Brother and reporting to Jed and Singletery finally realized it. I'm sure Paraage isn't reporting good things to the president.

If this is the case, then he needs to stay in the booth so that Raye can be properly evaluated because we know Singletary doesn't have a clue on evaluating coaches.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I have a feeling like Paraage is acting as Big Brother and reporting to Jed and Singletery finally realized it. I'm sure Paraage isn't reporting good things to the president.

If this is the case, then he needs to stay in the booth so that Raye can be properly evaluated because we know Singletary doesn't have a clue on evaluating coaches.

I have a feeling you should stop posting.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

LOL, really. Joecool what's up.

what?

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 15, 2010 at 14:56:41 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:

Joecool's had enough! and he wants change. Maybe we should sell the team to Obama.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Joecool's had enough! and he wants change. Maybe we should sell the team to Obama.

I'll tell you what, we lose Monday and I might be with him.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
put his sleepy arse on the sideline. how about that. if his arse is standing up without having a desk to lay his head on then he will be forced by his own body to stay awake and alert.

Haha good one
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Seriously, how many other NFL owners allow coaches to get away with THIS MUCH incompetence? Seriously, it's one thing to decide to go for it on 4th down and not make it but it's another thing to appear as if you have no idea what's going on around you.

It seems as though no one wants to call Singletary out and tell him to get his s**t together. I would fully applaud Jed hiring a football person to oversee and evaluate what these guys are actually doing because it seems as though they are in over their heads.

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by contrarios:
Amateur hour! If Jed had waited, we could have had Holmgren, Shanahan or Gruden.

Players make the coaches not the other way around.

Not entirely true.

Do you think Joe Montana would have been Joe Montana without Bill Walsh ?

He would have at least been Tom Brady without him.
our coach needs babysitters... this is ridiculous

You come up with A LOT of crazy conclusions in that head of yours.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Don't you think these guys need to properly evaluated? Paraage doesn't know more than them so he wouldn't know if they are effing up. Actually, with this kind of s**t from this last game, anyone can see they are fumbling the ball in the basics here. We really need someone to get on them about their game prep and game decisions.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Don't you think these guys need to properly evaluated? Paraage doesn't know more than them so he wouldn't know if they are effing up. Actually, with this kind of s**t from this last game, anyone can see they are fumbling the ball in the basics here. We really need someone to get on them about their game prep and game decisions.

Let it play out, Joe. If it continues to happen something will happen.
Share 49ersWebzone