LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Can we get Alex Smith a Greg Jennings of his own?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My solution is to get Alex off this team asap.. There are no other QB options this year that look good to me on the roster so we play him but focus on the run... pass just to keep the defense honest... win with D and the run like the Jets did last year.

First act of the offseason... bye bye Smith.

How many years do we have to put up with getting owned by bad teams before we cut our losses and move on?
Crabtree is fine. People forget how good he played last year with no real training camp. People want to blame Crabtree to cover for Alex Smith. Alex Smith is sorry and you can't cover that by blaming receivers. Even Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning discuss routes but Wayne catches a lot of passes because Manning does not expose Wayne to injury. Smith threw so many high passes I was afraid the receivers would get hurt. A Rogers threw a high pass to Jennings but then Rogers threw a perfect ball to Jennings hitting in stride for a touchdown as well in the last game. Teams will continue to load up against the run because they know Smith can't beat them passing.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Crabtree is going to make some people eat crow big time. He's one guy I guarantee will rebound Monday.

Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye on the other hand. Not so much.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Crabtree is going to make some people eat crow big time. He's one guy I guarantee will rebound Monday.

Is that possible? How does crabtree rebound if alex or jimmy doesn't..he can't throw to himself
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Is that possible? How does crabtree rebound if alex or jimmy doesn't..he can't throw to himself

Vernon had 8 catches last week despite Alex inaccurate throws and Raye's conservative play calling. Crabtree can do the same.

[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:28:51 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by foamingatdamouth:
I'm sure Crabtree is wishing he had his own Aaron Rodgers.

exactly
Jennings is too fast for Alex to hit in stride. Alex needs more of a bigger hybrid TE/WR like Jermichael Finley type... that way his inaccurate passes could have a chance to be caught!
Without a quarterback to get him the ball in stride Greg Jennings is just Jason Hill.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
My solution is to get Alex off this team asap.. There are no other QB options this year that look good to me on the roster so we play him but focus on the run... pass just to keep the defense honest... win with D and the run like the Jets did last year.

First act of the offseason... bye bye Smith.

How many years do we have to put up with getting owned by bad teams before we cut our losses and move on?

Well, yeah . . . he'll be a free agent.
Even if Crabs does burn the cornerback it is very likely smith is scrambling for his life and will mess up the throw.

Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Jennings is too fast for Alex to hit in stride. Alex needs more of a bigger hybrid TE/WR like Jermichael Finley type... that way his inaccurate passes could have a chance to be caught!

seems like he is too much for rogers sometimes as well....rogers OVERthrew 5 yards vs phi....he does that quite a bit, but then again, he did great throwing 180 yards and 2 INT's
Originally posted by elguapo:

seems like he is too much for rogers sometimes as well....rogers OVERthrew 5 yards vs phi....he does that quite a bit, but then again, he did great throwing 180 yards and 2 INT's

Alex Smith is not the answer!!!
Originally posted by elguapo:

If it was that easy teams would be scoring 60 yard TDs on every possession. Rodgers missed way more of those passes than he makes. The big difference is the Packers call those plays more than once a game.
hopefully Crabs can be that guy. Morgan is a good talent too. Dont be surprised if Smith and Morgan get things Rolling for the Niners
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Without a quarterback to get him the ball in stride Greg Jennings is just Jason Hill.

lol, not every pass Jennings gets is in stride. He makes some spectacular catches.
Share 49ersWebzone