LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Will we ever see a QB sneak?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we ever see a QB sneak?

I don't understand why we don't line up quickly and plug forward on 3rd or 4th and inches. A. Smith is a tall guy. Iupati is a strong man, Just have him fall forward and get in there behind him. I remember one game when the Patriots did it 3 times a row. They would line up before the other team could recognize if they were punting or not, and the other team usually had their 3rd down defense in, it worked all the time.
He will QB sneak off this franchise if he keeps up the way he's playing.
Alex would break his small hand and ruin his pretty eyelashes
wow it took 3 whole posts to be and Alex and Raye bashing thread.

Niner Talk is in rare form. Wonder what it will be like next week if we upset the Super Bowl champs.
No. That is for professional NFL teams to do.
Will Alex ever run the ball?
It works in Madden all the time.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Niner Talk is in rare form. Wonder what it will be like next week if we upset the Super Bowl champs.

I bashed Raye because let's be honest have you EVER seen one called? Even since last year? On ANY short down and distance? Nope. FB dive all day!
If we ever get Troy Smith in the game.

Anything other than the FB dive, fake toss would be nice.

Really, I'd take anything.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's kind of hard to do when you don't get any push from your OL.
Originally posted by mayo63:
It's kind of hard to do when you don't get any push from your OL.

That!!!!!
Sing has too much pride in his running game to have a qb sneak. Not sure if it's even in the playbook. Like to pound the rock with RB or FB.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

The Raye answer is fair, he calls the plays after all. (or at least most of the play) it's not up to the rest of the offense or Smith to call a QB sneak.
Share 49ersWebzone