LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Team given 2 days off ???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here's what happens on Monday night. It's going to be a blood bath. This is the game in which the Saints will set records. Team records, NFL records, you name it.

This team is lost. They had a garbage training camp. Guys were dropping like flies, Balmer leaving, Coffee retiring....whatever the hell that was all about? Topped off with more injuries. Remember when Crabs got hung out to dry in training camp with a patented AS high pass and about got himself killed and said eff that no more TC/preseason for me> Yeah sh-t like that... good stuff.

Juxtapose all of this against a 4-0 preseason, players reading about how effing awesome they are going to be this season creating a false sense of super radness and you've got yourselves a perfect clusterf--k.

BTW, I still haven't watched game 1. It's sitting in my DVR que waiting. I got talked into going out on the lake instead which I think I'm pretty happy about.

[ Edited by TDilvr on Sep 14, 2010 at 21:47:45 ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
its becoming very clear that we have a talented team and coaches who don't know what the f**k theyre doing. only good coaches are solari and manusky

I don't know if solari is to blame for how bad the Oline blocked.. And I liked Mora better than manusky, still do.

The OL blocking is a two part problem:

1. Man blocking does not account for blitzes and stunts as well as a zone blocking scheme. Raye runs a man system, Singletary prefers it - nutcracker in a live game - and the team has drafted for that type of player.

2. TOTAL lack of any form of deception demands that each play win his personal nutcracker drill with his opponent on every play in order for the offense to run.

It is all about scheme and play sequencing. I don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but I have been saying this since the 4th game of last year. This offense is FAR more limited by scheme and play selection than individual player performance.

You don't it had anything to do with the play calls coming in very late? Not is all plays for the LOS, but the ones that rally stood out to us; the 3rd 7 4th down calls that were way late?

How can Bass call line responsibilities with 5-6 seconds left while Smith tries to get the call out too?? Just imagine the chaos?? WTF!
  • dj43
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
its becoming very clear that we have a talented team and coaches who don't know what the f**k theyre doing. only good coaches are solari and manusky

I don't know if solari is to blame for how bad the Oline blocked.. And I liked Mora better than manusky, still do.

1. Man blocking does not account for blitzes and stunts as well as a zone blocking scheme. Raye runs a man system, Singletary prefers it - nutcracker in a live game - and the team has drafted for that type of player.

2. TOTAL lack of any form of deception demands that each play win his personal nutcracker drill with his opponent on every play in order for the offense to run.

It is all about scheme and play sequencing. I don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but I have been saying this since the 4th game of last year. This offense is FAR more limited by scheme and play selection than individual player performance.

You don't it had anything to do with the play calls coming in very late? Not is all plays for the LOS, but the ones that rally stood out to us; the 3rd 7 4th down calls that were way late?

How can Bass call line responsibilities with 5-6 seconds left while Smith tries to get the call out too?? Just imagine the chaos?? WTF!
Please go back and edit this. I can't understand what you are trying to say.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Singletary is a lazy coach. Remember last year when he had a bye and also an extra 4 days to prepare for the opponent and the team did nothing. Singletary is a great family man but a lousy head coach.

Originally posted by mitpdub:
I heard on the Radio that the team was given 2 days off.

I understand that players get an extra day to rest especially when the next week is a Monday night game, but our team wasn't ready for the first game of the year and they had all TC and summer to prepare.

Now we're playing the Saints who have had an extra 3 days to prepare for us and we're giving out more time away from work?

I'm concerned about the amount of work our staff, coaches especially, are doing to prepare for our games. I've heard in the past that Coach Sing is a 8-5 guy and doesn't put in those late nights that many of the NFL headcoaches have been known to do. But this early in the season, I'm questioning the extra time off given when his team and his coaches clearly are not ready.

I really want us to be prepared for the Saints in our home opener, I guess I'm crossing my fingers that key personnel decided to show up to Santa Clara anyway and work things out.

I have a feeling that these "two days off" are really for the coaches to get their sh*t together, wake up (especially Mr. Falling Asleep Raye), come up with some changes for the week, and then lay it on the players when they get back. No sense in letting the players practice when you don't have a plan.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
This could be a good idea. I mean with the royal @$$kicking we got....man - I mean go, get it off your minds & prepare to work your @$$ off.
we're gonna get ass raped by the Saints
yea, days off for the players does not mean days off for the coaches. Usually, on "days off", the coaching staff puts together their gameplan.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

that post made my head hurt
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
we're gonna get ass raped by the Saints

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KIgZUpbhY

• BobS
  • Veteran
Singlertary is a dumb a$$. Most players hate to practice. Players feel days off and practices cut short are a reward, So great idea to give an extra day off when a team gets humiliated on Sunday. Day offs and short days are for teams that are playing well, not teams that need a lot of work. We shouldn't question Mike, look at his record of mediocrity.
I think technically they just got one extra day off because during the regular season Tuesday's are mandatory off days for players by NFL rules.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, days off for the players does not mean days off for the coaches. Usually, on "days off", the coaching staff puts together their gameplan.

So right now Singletary and Raye have entered "gameplan" in to google and are sifting through the results.
Share 49ersWebzone