LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Team given 2 days off ???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know, can we really afford 2 days off with the SAINTS coming up and after the egg we laid?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
.....they should've finished the sentence with "Except for Smith and Crabtree".
We have so many problems to iron out but elect to give the team extra time off.

What coach in his right mind would give a team like ours time off instead of working on things like:

Route running and timing (Crabs and Alex)

Work on getting plays called and sent in on time!!!!!

Work on a scheme to get pressure on Brees - or he's gonna kill us.

Replacing Norris with someone else.

So many needs to address and the season is short but hey lets just sit back and hope for the best.
Originally posted by rk1642:
We have so many problems to iron out but elect to give the team extra time off.

What coach in his right mind would give a team like ours time off instead of working on things like:

Route running and timing (Crabs and Alex)

Work on getting plays called and sent in on time!!!!!

Work on a scheme to get pressure on Brees - or he's gonna kill us.

Replacing Norris with someone else.

So many needs to address and the season is short but hey lets just sit back and hope for the best.

This. We needed to come out at 8 am - 6 pm and do work. The Super Bowl champions -- arguably the best team in the league presently -- are coming into our house and we are taking off time? We weren't prepared after weeks and weeks and now we have one and we take the day off. I guess At least we'll be nice and relaxed when they s**t on us. Jeeeeezus Singletary, what the f**k
The players and coaches get what 5-6 months off and now that its the season they really need to work on the basics plus the gameplan.

I think if they won impressively this past week, they should have the time off IF they weren't playing the world Champions. If you have that Championship goal, and you're not living to that standard, taking time away in my opinion isn't the solution.

If I read that the coaches at least didn't work these 2 days, then that just shows you how important they take their jobs and their next opponent.
its becoming very clear that we have a talented team and coaches who don't know what the f**k theyre doing. only good coaches are solari and manusky
Maybe sheds some light on why Linehan wouldn't be our OC last year.
Sing hardly has a clue. Worst still, it's getting worse by the day. I'm sure people here have seem the article about Raye mumbling and shuffling his papers while he tries to call plays in tense situations. Then Johnson can't understand what he is saying because of the mumbling, then Sing yells at him about the play.

EXCEPT; Sing is listening in and because he STILL knows nothing about O play calling he can't help coz he don't understand Raye either. JUST WOW.

So now the players are getting way pissed because the HC & OC are making them look bad and there is nothing they can do about it..

STILL Sing protects Raye, this is really insane. We were talking about Smith losing the locker-room, and he has to some extent; but it reads to me that the HC, OC and QBC are losing the locker-room.. Then Sing call the team out, and he & Raye were the ones that created much of what happened. this is chickens**t IMO.

Monday is going to be very interesting if/when this continues.

What a freaking mess.. our beloved Niners are in..

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 14, 2010 at 20:49:13 ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
its becoming very clear that we have a talented team and coaches who don't know what the f**k theyre doing. only good coaches are solari and manusky

WTF happened to the O-Line during that game? I know he is well known and respected through out the league for his ability to transform O-Lines, but got damn they suck the other night.

Originally posted by ObePwnD:

WTF happened to the O-Line during that game? I know he is well known and respected through out the league for his ability to transform O-Lines, but got damn they suck the other night.

Probably the play was coming so late Bass couldn't finish all the line calls, so the Oline was lost too. Just like dominoes when you have this kind of stupidity from the top down as far as the Offense is concerned..

What happens against the Superbowl MVP...

Why not? They aren't learning anything or getting better with the "coaching" we have.

I don't know if solari is to blame for how bad the Oline blocked.. And I liked Mora better than manusky, still do.
  • dj43
The reason the players have two days off is because it will be another full day yet before Rip Van Raye wakes up from his nap.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Sing hardly has a clue. Worst still, it's getting worse by the day. I'm sure people here have seem the article about Raye mumbling and shuffling his papers while he tries to call plays in tense situations. Then Johnson can't understand what he is saying because of the mumbling, then Sing yells at him about the play.

EXCEPT; Sing is listening in and because he STILL knows nothing about O play calling he can't help coz he don't understand Raye either. JUST WOW.

So now the players are getting way pissed because the HC & OC are making them look bad and there is nothing they can do about it..

STILL Sing protects Raye, this is really insane. We were talking about Smith losing the locker-room, and he has to some extent; but it reads to me that the HC, OC and QBC are losing the locker-room.. Then Sing call the team out, and he & Raye were the ones that created much of what happened. this is chickens**t IMO.

Monday is going to be very interesting if/when this continues.

What a freaking mess.. our beloved Niners are in..
  • dj43
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I don't know if solari is to blame for how bad the Oline blocked.. And I liked Mora better than manusky, still do.

The OL blocking is a two part problem:

1. Man blocking does not account for blitzes and stunts as well as a zone blocking scheme. Raye runs a man system, Singletary prefers it - nutcracker in a live game - and the team has drafted for that type of player.

2. TOTAL lack of any form of deception demands that each play win his personal nutcracker drill with his opponent on every play in order for the offense to run.

It is all about scheme and play sequencing. I don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but I have been saying this since the 4th game of last year. This offense is FAR more limited by scheme and play selection than individual player performance.
Share 49ersWebzone