LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Niners Re-Sign Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
We signed him to keep the Saints from signing him for a week.

So, we are playing the Saints, a team where we will need ALL CBs in case one gets hurt for a 5th WR???

What are the odds Brock would have even suited up?

Also, a 4th receiver and someone that contributes on special teams. If Ginn and Williams don't play we would only have three WRs in uniform Monday. That makes Hill the 4th receiver.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by verb1der:
MaioccoCSN Ted Ginn's MCL sprain will keep him out a couple weeks, minimum. Dominique Zeigler is No. 3 now. Kyle Williams' toe is getting better.

Jesus.

really? you have an issue with that? the kid had a great preseason with Alex throwing to him.

That's a GREAT preseason? He may have had a great camp, I wasn't there, but he did not have a GREAT preseason.

for ZigZag, yes. 9 rec for over 100 yds.
Being at the game, I noticed receivers quit trying to get open when plays broke down. That is something Hill has always been good at and his presence was missed this past Sunday. After Crabtree's performance, I'd give the job to Hill or Ziggy and make Crabtree want to earn it. We need Crabtree to play inspired football, and we haven't seen that often as 49er fans.
lol, welcome back Jason!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Being at the game, I noticed receivers quit trying to get open when plays broke down. That is something Hill has always been good at and his presence was missed this past Sunday. After Crabtree's performance, I'd give the job to Hill or Ziggy and make Crabtree want to earn it. We need Crabtree to play inspired football, and we haven't seen that often as 49er fans.

i noticed Crabtree doing that even on TV. i say sit him for a week, too.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

i noticed Crabtree doing that even on TV. i say sit him for a week, too.

Singletary might not want to throw him under the bus, but I do. He screwed this team last year, and he has screwed this team this year. The loss can be pinned on him because it was his crucial mistakes, on routine plays, that murdered us. And had he put in the time in the offseason like so many others on this team did, even guys who were cut, we'd be better off today. The coaches need to follow through with their talk. Crabtree is a diva and teams were right to pass on him. Oher or Orakpo would have been major contributors for us last season and they would have paid dividends this past Sunday.

Don't get me wrong, I can tell Crabtree is a player, but if he doesn't want to bring it for this team, and he wants to be a Cowboy, we need to send this guy packing.
What a strange organization we have.
This team needs a freaking enema to cleanse itself from all of the crap we have to deal with. Offensive coordinator that probably falling asleep upstairs in the press box while trying to call plays. A head coach and QB that uses timeouts like tic tacs. A wr diva that dont know the playbook. A defense that cant blitz cause the corners cant play man to man cause they bite on double moves.

If you for one moment think we have a shot against Drew Brees and the saints on MNF your in for a rude awakening. Because for one Drew Brees is too cerebral for us to affect their passing game. He will get to the line of scrimmage with like 20 secs on the play clock. And decipher our defense from there and make the correct audible and hot routes to the wrs and set the correct protection so that we wont even scratch him the whole game.

Im glad we are going to get our ass kicked on national tv so the world can see how far we have to go. I know you might say ohh hes not a fan. Yea im a fan but im also a realist. And the reality is we are too damn unorganized to effectively compete from sunday to sunday in the NFL......

Have a Blessed one
They have put CB Brock on the practice squad, to make room they cut Bruce Davis
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What a strange organization we have.

how so? (In regards to this situation )

our wr got injured and Kyle williams isnt 100%

We signed a guy familiar with our Playbook and can be inserted right away using any play

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 14, 2010 at 17:57:47 ]

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

So, we are playing the Saints, a team where we will need ALL CBs in case one gets hurt for a 5th WR???

Why doesn't Ziggy get bumped up?

He already is bumped up. He played last week and had at least one catch. The only active receivers we have right now with Williams and Ginn hurt are:

Crabtree, Morgan, Zeigler, Hill

Thats 4, 2 more than Jimmy Rayes play book calls for. What ever will he do with them.
Maybe Hill could show Crabtree how to run the proper routes.
he'll get cut in a few weeks once Ted Ginn gets back from his injuries.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Why doesn't Ziggy get bumped up?

He already is bumped up. He played last week and had at least one catch. The only active receivers we have right now with Williams and Ginn hurt are:

Crabtree, Morgan, Zeigler, Hill

Thats 4, 2 more than Jimmy Rayes play book calls for. What ever will he do with them.

Don't know. Ginn wasn't one of the first 2 WRs Sunday and he was in the game. He also go hurt, which brought #4 into the game. Needless to say going into the game with only 3 receivers is asking for it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He is just not good. God, we should have just kept Robinson
Share 49ersWebzone