LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Singletary about Crabtree, "This year you need to learn the playbook"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Last year, when Crabtree ended his hold out and showed up for practice - Singletary said how surprised he was that Crabtree was in great shape AND it looked like he had been learning the playbook through-out his holdout.

I just don't know anymore what's the truth.

Crabtree and this team regressed.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I thought you actually wrote a song for him.

lol I can't understand how Singletary can say look at Smith, Davis, the rookies are great, and then he totally ripped into them after the game. If you are going to say these guys are leading by example you don't shoot them down after the game no matter how bad they play. Now everyone is going to fear being ripped in front of their peers if they make a mistake.

Yah I agree Sing needs to STFU. I also thought his comments about Nate Davis to the media was low class, as well as his comments about Mrob after he was cut.

Can't hate the guy's honesty though, he had to sugar-coat the majority of his thoughts last season since he wasn't the alpha-omega of personnel decisions/opinions.

Too bad this type of talk often turns teams against their coaches.

guys don't like coaches who air out your dirty laundry in front of all your peers.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Singletary needs to learn to keep his f**king mouth shut when reporters are around. Keep it in-house!

keep blabbing. I love diharihhaaaaaaaa of the mouth. You go dingleberry. Rah rah coach. Next thing you know we will see him with a chearleader skirt, shaved legs and pom poms.
Originally posted by NINERSWINTHEWEST:

lol I can't understand how Singletary can say look at Smith, Davis, the rookies are great, and then he totally ripped into them after the game. If you are going to say these guys are leading by example you don't shoot them down after the game no matter how bad they play. Now everyone is going to fear being ripped in front of their peers if they make a mistake.

If they live in that much fear of being "ripped" then they need to get out of the NFL and the limelight. This is what happens baby when you play the #1 sport.

Dude.....they can play the number one sport on 31 other teams.

Why play for a coach this unstable.

When in the last 30 years have you seen 49er coaches talk like nolan and sing.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Crabby was born 2 days after me

And you're both Diva receivers!

Also my bday is tomorrow, so happy bday to both of us!
Originally posted by Dshearn:

If they live in that much fear of being "ripped" then they need to get out of the NFL and the limelight. This is what happens baby when you play the #1 sport.

being ripped by the media is one thing, b/c the guys in the locker room you see day in and day out, more than your family still have your back.

But when the people you need to be there to trust in and have confidence in degrade you, once again in front of your peers, that's a different story.
Singletary, in the span of 72 hours, has lost all of my confidence.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

times have changed bro. Seen the chics and all the attitude these days. They are all divas just like the male egos running rampid in pro sports. Its imemei all about me attitude. About time that coaches are calling out players. OBviously in the 80s and 90s there was no need because the players had respect of one another and humility. Its all about the buck my friend. Get used to it and wake up to the new era of life.
i like it
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Yah I agree Sing needs to STFU. I also thought his comments about Nate Davis to the media was low class, as well as his comments about Mrob after he was cut.

GUYS...guess who his mentor is?? Big mouth Mike Nolan, the king of throwing people under the bus

Guess who Alex Smith learned this from?? Mike Singletary and Mike Nolan.....alex smith not out right admitting that he screwed up that 1yd pass to moran norris and instead saying norris did something wrong by getting excited and turning around cuz he's wide open

what a joke. Mike Nolan is still with us.

Kill us now

How exactly did Alex Smith not take responsibility for the missed touchdown the Norris?

watch the video of him answering the question, he doesn't say he screwed up he blames moran norris for doing something he didn't expect. its a 1yd pass....

do you think you could give me a link?

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

hes gained my respect big time .Rip the ego driven players. The past is not the present. Players need to get it or get shipped out. Too much money were paying these diva athlethes. Coach calling out his players is new school. More should and will follow suit. Screw these modern day athletes. They get paid too much money and dont deserve it. Nuff said.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Singletary IS low class, he's been talking sh!t around the media about his own players, thats a good way to lose respect. and he thinks he's an ethics officer....

He's on the hot seat and he knows it. It's due or die for him this season and needs to win. Trading for Vick might be a good option to go cause Smith just sucks.

I hope so man, eagles coach said today that the starting qb is kolb, I bet Vick wants to b a starter also, after the way he's been playing.

at this point id take the dog killer over any of our qbs
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Singletary IS low class, he's been talking sh!t around the media about his own players, thats a good way to lose respect. and he thinks he's an ethics officer....

He's on the hot seat and he knows it.
It's due or die for him this season and needs to win. Trading for Vick might be a good option to go cause Smith just sucks.

this is flat out lie. Singletary is not on the hot seat. Three days ago he was poised to be the HC of the Champions of the NFC West, and still can be. Singletary can lose 9 or 10 games this year and promote Mike Johnson next year and keep his job.

I'm glad these communication problems are coming out now. Once we get them smoothed out we will improve as a team. Make Raye a down and distance laminated play chart with the key plays he wants to call. Get all that Organized and he will be better.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

his head seems like its about to explode. He can't wait to prove all the haters wrong on Monday. Too bad he isn't suiting up. Hopefully Crab shows up on national tv.
The longer this a** clown is around the more I think we made a mistake by drafting him. We should have picked a linemen or something.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 16, 2010 at 22:00:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone