LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Hahahaha 49ers still ahead of Seattle in ESPN Power Rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hawk fan here, not trying to start fights or troll. Obviously I'm happy with the game results but even as a hawks fan I wouldn't put seattle above the 49ers in power rankings, the 49ers have a complete team even if a few parts are broken (smith isn't very good, and I'm not sure Singletary makes a good coach) whereas seattle's roster is a bunch of new guys and cast-offs.

I honestly think if SF scored a TD on one of those first 3 trips inside the 10, they would have kept that momentum and we'd have seen a much different result at the end of the game. But those stops by seattle D and miscues by SF did one huge thing for the hawks - got the crowd back into the game after silencing it with the opening pick.

I was at the game, it was VERY loud at Qwest; the announcer here for local radio said it was the loudest it's been since '05.

I expect very different results when we play down there.

I expect the hawks to finish with 6 or 7 total wins so no real expectations.

49ers need to be careful though; you guys play NO. I think it will be a much closer game but I also think the saints are the better team so it won't be surprising to see them win. Then you guys play two 10 am road games, the first at KC and we all saw how wild that crowd can get. Seeing as how I think the crowd was a huge factor here, i'd be concerned about that.

Anyhow not the kind of fan to talk S or argue, I found this board while looking around for opinions about the game becuase actually being there you miss a lot of the things people see watching it on tv.

Thought I'd put in my 2 cents. At least the cards and rams look terrible.

It's strange to think that one of these 4 teams is going to get a home playoff game.

of course I'll be pulling for the saints next week but also hope you guys go out and make the division look good, i'm tired of it being blown off for being so bad.
They still whooped our as*
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
All the knucklehead Seahawks fans who think that their team did anything special to beat the 49ers are in for a rude awakening. We kicked our own ass. There's nothing special about the Seachickens. They'll be lucky to win another game the rest of the season.

We HAVE to beat them later in the season.

An acquaintance of mine who is a Seahawks fan was talking so much sht yesterday. So fvcking annoying....already crowning themselves.

Sad thing is he'd fit in well in Niner Talk.

I swear Seahawks fans are the worst. I pretty much hate everything about the city of Seattle and the state of Washington because of them alone.

They are the dumbest fans as well. Ya they are loud but s**t do they know nothing about football. I have been up there for a few games and have on many occasions explained the rules to a Seachickens fan when he complains about a call made by the refs.
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for 76Razor.
Originally posted by mo_hawk:
hawk fan here, not trying to start fights or troll. Obviously I'm happy with the game results but even as a hawks fan I wouldn't put seattle above the 49ers in power rankings, the 49ers have a complete team even if a few parts are broken (smith isn't very good, and I'm not sure Singletary makes a good coach) whereas seattle's roster is a bunch of new guys and cast-offs.

I honestly think if SF scored a TD on one of those first 3 trips inside the 10, they would have kept that momentum and we'd have seen a much different result at the end of the game. But those stops by seattle D and miscues by SF did one huge thing for the hawks - got the crowd back into the game after silencing it with the opening pick.

I was at the game, it was VERY loud at Qwest; the announcer here for local radio said it was the loudest it's been since '05.

I expect very different results when we play down there.

I expect the hawks to finish with 6 or 7 total wins so no real expectations.

49ers need to be careful though; you guys play NO. I think it will be a much closer game but I also think the saints are the better team so it won't be surprising to see them win. Then you guys play two 10 am road games, the first at KC and we all saw how wild that crowd can get. Seeing as how I think the crowd was a huge factor here, i'd be concerned about that.

Anyhow not the kind of fan to talk S or argue, I found this board while looking around for opinions about the game becuase actually being there you miss a lot of the things people see watching it on tv.

Thought I'd put in my 2 cents. At least the cards and rams look terrible.

It's strange to think that one of these 4 teams is going to get a home playoff game.

of course I'll be pulling for the saints next week but also hope you guys go out and make the division look good, i'm tired of it being blown off for being so bad.

classy post. welcome. what do you think about carrol's ra-ra BS on the sidelines? like? no like?
These power rankings will flip-flop until week 6. 49ers will be rated as the second best in the division but they'll still win the division with a nasty 9-7 record.
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:

They are the dumbest fans as well. Ya they are loud but s**t do they know nothing about football. I have been up there for a few games and have on many occasions explained the rules to a Seachickens fan when he complains about a call made by the refs.

because no fans of any team ever complain about calls made by the refs, just seattle fans.
All the knucklehead Seahawks fans who think that their team did anything special to beat the 49ers are in for a rude awakening. We kicked our own ass. There's nothing special about the Seachickens. They'll be lucky to win another game the rest of the season.

An acquaintance of mine who is a Seahawks fan was talking so much sht yesterday. So fvcking annoying....already crowning themselves.

I swear Seahawks fans are the worst. I pretty much hate everything about the city of Seattle and the state of Washington because of them alone.

Was the Kingdome ever that loud?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
WhoTF cares?
Originally posted by Digger25:

classy post. welcome. what do you think about carrol's ra-ra BS on the sidelines? like? no like?

when you've had Jim Mora on the sideline looking like a stern women's basketball coach who even goes so far as to throw the kicker of all people under the bus for a game the whole team blew, for example, I will take ra-ra any day. I saw a lot of him running around and I make it a point to never get down on people for just doing what they love to do. Same reason I just laugh when people give favre crap. If you're lucky enough to be out there doing something that excites you, show it.

We'll see if he can keep it up though and we'll see what happens next year when we hawks fans will be expecting some results. This year is kind of a freebie by most accounts here, we want to see progress, personally with more than half our roster/starters entirely new to the team I'm looking at it as one long audition/preseason.

I expect the niners to take the division with 9 or 10 wins, though I don't think smith will be the QB when that happens.

And as much as you guys probably feel burned by this loss, if it helps IMO one of the more painful losses I can recall as a hawks fan was watching Smith of all people kick our butts on a thursday night game. it was a miserable, rainy night in seattle and the power kept going in and out and I trekked 2 hours accross town to find a bar with power, only to watch smith and gore run us over. Haven't taken the niners lightly after that.

[ Edited by mo_hawk on Sep 14, 2010 at 13:25:15 ]

Nah i say our fans are some of the worst. I've never seen soo many downers that say they support a team. Imma be real i was on another niner site before coming on here a few years back, and dont get me wrong, they vented frustration, but never attacked one player as much as fans here attack our QB. and even when we had a Qb that couldnt do anything, they still supported week in and out.

Here, they bash players, want this fired, that fired. We dont talk about solutions, or maybe this will work. If u take the team as a whole, most dont take the teams wins and losses as a whole. If we lose it's because of A.Smith most of the time, whether it's the offense or defense.

I've just never seen soo much hate on one player in my life until i joined the zone. then recently a niner fan who's name i wont say not only put a gif up of another teams player, but Green Bay of all the teams. Wow. a niner fan putting up a GB gif. And u call that support.

But u still have some true, die hard fans that whether we faltered or not, will support the team, and in a loss, dust off, and look forward to next week. According to some in here, after sundays loss, the season is over. And u tell me thats how a niner fan is supposed to think. I dont think soo.

ooops and before i forget a columnist wrote, how our fans, instead of being the other man on game day. our fans cheer loud as hell when we are up on offense, and quiet as hell when the other teams O is up. Tell me that aint ass backwards.

To talk about fans, do me a favor, watch on MOnday, and see if our stadium becomes a problem for the Saints like we always seem to have with crowd noise we we are away.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 14, 2010 at 13:27:24 ]

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Nah i say our fans are some of the worst. I've never seen soo many downers that say they support a team. Imma be real i was on another niner site before coming on here a few years back, and dont get me wrong, they vented frustration, but never attacked one player as much as fans here attack our QB. and even when we had a Qb that couldnt do anything, they still supported week in and out.

Here, they bash players, want this fired, that fired. We dont talk about solutions, or maybe this will work. If u take the team as a whole, most dont take the teams wins and losses as a whole. If we lose it's because of A.Smith most of the time, whether it's the offense or defense.

I've just never seen soo much hate on one player in my life until i joined the zone. then recently a niner fan who's name i wont say not only put a gif up of another teams player, but Green Bay of all the teams. Wow. a niner fan putting up a GB gif. And u call that support.

But u still have some true, die hard fans that whether we faltered or not, will support the team, and in a loss, dust off, and look forward to next week. According to some in here, after sundays loss, the season is over. And u tell me thats how a niner fan is supposed to think. I dont think soo.

funny, most of the seahawks fans i know are cool as s**t and most of the fans "when i am up there for games" are pretty damn knowledgeable. it's just fans being fans of their teams, no different than the homer fans we have here in NT.
Originally posted by Digger25:

funny, most of the seahawks fans i know are cool as s**t and most of the fans "when i am up there for games" are pretty damn knowledgeable. it's just fans being fans of their teams, no different than the homer fans we have here in NT.

Probably.
I would rather be 1-0 especially in the division than be ranked higher than Seattle by ESPN
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

ooops and before i forget a columnist wrote, how our fans, instead of being the other man on game day. our fans cheer loud as hell when we are up on offense, and quiet as hell when the other teams O is up. Tell me that aint ass backwards.

To talk about fans, do me a favor, watch on MOnday, and see if our stadium becomes a problem for the Saints like we always seem to have with crowd noise we we are away.

I've thought about going to SF to watch the hawks play down there, that would be interesting. I love SF, nice to go to a city that has some sort of transportation system in place (unless of course you have to drive it seems!). Maybe I'll try to get some tickets.

The decibel level last sunday was reported to max out somewhere around 105 when you guys were in the huddle and lining up; 120 is where you actually start damaging your ears. It's pretty obvious that it plays a major factor and is truly a home field advantage.

The prob last sunday was the fans all got back into the game, and when the points kept being tacked on it just escalated things.
Share 49ersWebzone