LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Weird Stuff Happens Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
I am just as dissapointed as most fans about our awful showing in Seattle but all the idiots calling for people's heads (Smith, Crabtree, Singletary and Raye) are crazy. This is week 1 of the season!! Smith definitely missed some throws but he was not as bad as everyone says. Flacco was equally as bad and Sanchez was much worse.

Take a look around the league and you'll several teams that were heavily favored (Chargers) or had so much hype (Jets) that played like absolute garbage. The Colts got handled by the Texans and I think everyone would still pick the Colts to win the division. Same as the Cowboys and Redskins, Dallas is a much better team and will win probably 5 or 6 more ganes than the Redskins.

Every year this happens opening week. Two years ago teh Bills destroyed the Patriots on opening day with TO and everyone started saying how Buffalo would win the AFC East and New England was done. Pats end up going 11-5 without Brady and Buffalo was awful.

This holds true for most teams with 1st year head coaches in their opening games. They always play more fired up than the other team. While it is always a benefit to come out of the gates strong the opening day sh*t happens. It's a long season. If this is still going on by Kansas City in week 3 then there is definite cause for concern.

This is a good team and they will play like it. Saints better watch out because this team is going to come out more fired up than ever before.

Go Niners!
fire jimmy raye
Sure, those teams you mentioned came out flat. But they're still the teams who find a way to reach the playoffs. The Niners straight up beat themselves and got destroyed in the process.

Excuses, excuses. What was on display at Qwest field Sunday was disgusting.
Fire everybody and tear down Candlestick. The team shouldn't move it should just be deleted from the NFC West. This might be the worst team of all time. I had very high hopes and thought the Yorks and Sing were serious about being winners. f**k every single one of them.
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jpherring:
Fire everybody and tear down Candlestick. The team shouldn't move it should just be deleted from the NFC West. This might be the worst team of all time. I had very high hopes and thought the Yorks and Sing were serious about being winners. f**k every single one of them.

You're pathetic. The absolute worse type of fan their is. When the Niner end up winning the division and are in the playoffs I bet you'll come crawling back. Until then peace out!

Originally posted by defenderDX:

This is what I love about Niner Talk - it is never reactionary and is always even keeled.

Dam and i thought i was going overboard with my reaction. Homie just called them the worst team of all time
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:

That's the game I was talking about. Like I said weird sh*t happens week 1. Everyone get over it and get ready for the Saints

Share 49ersWebzone