Jets 0-1/ Cowb?tches 0-1

AFC South/ NFC South

Colts 0-1/ Falcons 0-1

AFC West/ NFC West

Chargers 0-1/ 49ers 0-1

AFC North/ NFC North

Bengals 0-1/ Vikings 0-1

Do you see a trend?

Besides the Falcons (behind the Saints) and the Bengals (behind the Ravens...even though they won the AFC North last year) all these teams were mostly favored to win their divisions...and they ALL LOST. It was an UPSET WEEKEND. There were major disappointments across the board in NFL week one.

I mean I go to the Webzone and it's a huge Pity Party and damn near the end of the world for some of ya'll. It's a joke. Week 1 is done...there are 15 more weeks of some good football left. No A. Smith is not the "Answer" but it is very possible he can turn it around. Ohh yeah... Crabtree has not forgoten to play football...He's f'in rusty...so what...he has mad talent he will get his.

Now if we go 0-4 we are talking a whole different post....but until then....

NINERS!!

Remember if we beat the Saints on Monday night this whole week is irrelevant. We love being the underdogs anyways. F*ck the 'aints.

49ERS 4 LIFE.

Yes, 3 of the 4 teams you mentioned have a Pro Bowl QB or have been to the pro bowl.
I love all the "very possible" and "turn it around" and "he knows the offense and the lightbulb will go off" comments cause if this kid hasn't done since he arrived in 2005 what makes you think this Sunday he changes, or this year. I'm sorry but I don't see them winning till we play the Raiders. God I hope im wrong but I know I won't be. SMITH HAS SUCKED FROM DAY 1
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Some of you here must be wet behind the ears. or don't understand anything about playing sports at a high level. The more you let an inferior team hang around the worse it can get.

Some games hinge on just a couple of plays. Why, because your team philosphy and talent are geared around a certain gameplan.

Several plays that jump out to me that could have had a complete change in this game.

Morgan's catch in the end zone. If the 49ers were up 7-0 at that point, this would have had a major impact on the outcome.

The Smith/Norris fiasco that could have been a touchdown.

The ball that bounced off of Crabtree for an interception.

The pass interference called on Clements that would have stopped the Seahawks drive.

Anyone of these would have had a major impact on this game.

Any one or combination of two should have had a major impact on the game.

In my mind, the most important issue seems to be the "so-called" communications problem. This has to be solved permanently now, or this offense is going to continue to sputter.

If Alex Smith is as smart as he is supposed to be, then he needs to have the capability to call his own play or we will continue to take unneccessary penalties and time outs.

Excellent post. Don't really have much to add.

All these things are true, but the way we completely collapsed in all facets of the game was what was most shocking and discouraging. It wasn't that we let them hang around and eventually they beat us, we didn't step on their collective throats and then our team had an EPIC meltdown.
Originally posted by maximill15:
the way I see it is this! We have beaten AZ the last 2 seasons to open the season! And they still went to the playoffs! You just have to make up a game down the road! I'd much rather start cold and finish hot!! every year we start out 3-0 and lose a bunch, this year we go to the playoffs and maybe we start out 0-3 and then roll off a bunch of wins! WE CAN DO IT!

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Some of you here must be wet behind the ears. or don't understand anything about playing sports at a high level. The more you let an inferior team hang around the worse it can get.

Some games hinge on just a couple of plays. Why, because your team philosphy and talent are geared around a certain gameplan.

Several plays that jump out to me that could have had a complete change in this game.

Morgan's catch in the end zone. If the 49ers were up 7-0 at that point, this would have had a major impact on the outcome.

The pass interference called on Clements that would have stopped the Seahawks drive.

In my mind, the most important issue seems to be the "so-called" communications problem. This has to be solved permanently now, or this offense is going to continue to sputter.

If Alex Smith is as smart as he is supposed to be, then he needs to have the capability to call his own play or we will continue to take unneccessary penalties and time outs.

All these things are true, but the way we completely collapsed in all facets of the game was what was most shocking and discouraging. It wasn't that we let them hang around and eventually they beat us, we didn't step on their collective throats and then our team had an EPIC meltdown.

Like what happened in Minnesota?...Or against Seattle last year?...Or Indianapolis?...You see the recurring theme hear? I blame the coaching for not getting this team prepared. We don't know how to finish!
The one thing you can look at is our season opener against ARI. We beat them when they had all the yards, and all the stats while we were barely moving the ball.

They were predicted to win the division and we beat them. Turned out they still won the division. These are divisional games which are never easy unless you are Joe Montana and Jerry Rice coached by Bill Walsh playing the Rams.
Originally posted by socal81:
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
Here are some facts about the NFL through week one:

AFC East/ NFC East

Jets 0-1/ Cowb?tches 0-1

AFC South/ NFC South

Colts 0-1/ Falcons 0-1

AFC West/ NFC West

Chargers 0-1/ 49ers 0-1

AFC North/ NFC North

Bengals 0-1/ Vikings 0-1

Do you see a trend?

Besides the Falcons (behind the Saints) and the Bengals (behind the Ravens...even though they won the AFC North last year) all these teams were mostly favored to win their divisions...and they ALL LOST. It was an UPSET WEEKEND. There were major disappointments across the board in NFL week one.

I mean I go to the Webzone and it's a huge Pity Party and damn near the end of the world for some of ya'll. It's a joke. Week 1 is done...there are 15 more weeks of some good football left. No A. Smith is not the "Answer" but it is very possible he can turn it around. Ohh yeah... Crabtree has not forgoten to play football...He's f'in rusty...so what...he has mad talent he will get his.

Now if we go 0-4 we are talking a whole different post....but until then....

NINERS!!

Remember if we beat the Saints on Monday night this whole week is irrelevant. We love being the underdogs anyways. F*ck the 'aints.

49ERS 4 LIFE.

Yes, 3 of the 4 teams you mentioned have a Pro Bowl QB or have been to the pro bowl.
I love all the "very possible" and "turn it around" and "he knows the offense and the lightbulb will go off" comments cause if this kid hasn't done since he arrived in 2005 what makes you think this Sunday he changes, or this year. I'm sorry but I don't see them winning till we play the Raiders. God I hope im wrong but I know I won't be. SMITH HAS SUCKED FROM DAY 1

We shall see......
Originally posted by billbird2111:
the way I see it is this! We have beaten AZ the last 2 seasons to open the season! And they still went to the playoffs! You just have to make up a game down the road! I'd much rather start cold and finish hot!! every year we start out 3-0 and lose a bunch, this year we go to the playoffs and maybe we start out 0-3 and then roll off a bunch of wins! WE CAN DO IT!

You're right. You're right. You're right -- of course.

I remember how jazzed I was in 1980 -- when we busted out of the gate with a 3-0 start -- then proceeded to lose the next eight games in a row. The team was still learning how to win.

The 1981 squad stumbled out of the gate with a loss in Detroit to open the season -- a yawn inducing win over the Bears at home and then we were simply humiliated in Atlanta a week later. It was a 1-2 start and everyone was thinking: "Here we go again...."

lol...how can you compare a team with Bill Walsh the head coach, Bill Walsh the offensive coordinator, all world QB Joe Montana, and all world DB Ronnie Lott to the keystone cops that we watched last weekend? Patrick Willis is great, but he doesn't coach the team, run the offense or play QB.
Originally posted by socal81:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Like what happened in Minnesota?...Or against Seattle last year?...Or Indianapolis?...You see the recurring theme hear? I blame the coaching for not getting this team prepared. We don't know how to finish!

We'll use those correct. How about when we "bashed" Arizona last year and forced them into a lot of problems. They went on to the NFC championship and I suppose using your logic they should have lost the first game in the playoffs (and only that because they won the division).

I do agree that the coaching has to get better, but I'm also talking about the ebb and flow of a game. These guys are professional athletes on both sides of the ball, and this kind of game can happen.

We ARE NOT a team that is built to come back. Contrary to what alot of people on here think, Crabtree is not a proven commodity. Neither is Morgan. Davis can get to emotional, and blow it. If this team and Gore can't get it moving, we don't win.

We are just not built that way right now.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

I remember how jazzed I was in 1980 -- when we busted out of the gate with a 3-0 start -- then proceeded to lose the next eight games in a row. The team was still learning how to win.

The 1981 squad stumbled out of the gate with a loss in Detroit to open the season -- a yawn inducing win over the Bears at home and then we were simply humiliated in Atlanta a week later. It was a 1-2 start and everyone was thinking: "Here we go again...."

lol...how can you compare a team with Bill Walsh the head coach, Bill Walsh the offensive coordinator, all world QB Joe Montana, and all world DB Ronnie Lott to the keystone cops that we watched last weekend? Patrick Willis is great, but he doesn't coach the team, run the offense or play QB.

Because they weren't -- back then. They hadn't proved anything yet. Joe Montana had turned in some TURRIBLE performances up to that date. There was no sign from this team about the things to come.

Hindsight is 20-20. But -- think back to the day? September, 1981: When the Niners had been cellar-dwellin' turds for God knows how long? Nobody saw it coming man. Nobody.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Because they weren't -- back then. They hadn't proved anything yet. Joe Montana had turned in some TURRIBLE performances up to that date. There was no sign from this team about the things to come.

Hindsight is 20-20. But -- think back to the day? September, 1981: When the Niners had been cellar-dwellin' turds for God knows how long? Nobody saw it coming man. Nobody.

this. they were still nobody's then. the were not the 5 time champs that you know today...yet

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Sep 14, 2010 at 16:41:15 ]

Lol omg some of u FANS amaze me!!! We got whooped get over it!! we are a better team than what we showed..... Monday will prove it!! We got COCKY thought it was a easy Win... Better week 1 Than week 8 to get a reality check!!!! F&^k The Saints!!!

[ Edited by NickyFree on Sep 14, 2010 at 16:59:54 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NickyFree:
Lol omg some of u FANS amaze me!!! We got whooped get over it!! we are a better team than what we showed..... Monday will prove it!! We got COCKY thought it was a easy Win... Better week 1 Than week 8 to get a reality check!!!! F&^k The Saints!!!

Man we gonna get whooped on MNF. Saints is way good yo.
The division is still ours to lose. Before the season started, most fans agreed that 8-8 would probably win the division, and the 49ers were in good position to win at least 9 games, and probably 10 or more. All of those things are still the case, and we still have 15 games to get this thing turned around. I am confident we will and I think this week 1 humbling might be exactly what the doctor ordered!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NickyFree:

Man we gonna get whooped on MNF. Saints is way good yo.

i know this. hope we can at least contend. image how the people who are freaking out now are going to react after monday?
all those teams would have destroyed us more than the seacawks
Share 49ersWebzone