Jets 0-1/ Cowb?tches 0-1

AFC South/ NFC South

Colts 0-1/ Falcons 0-1

AFC West/ NFC West

Chargers 0-1/ 49ers 0-1

AFC North/ NFC North

Bengals 0-1/ Vikings 0-1

Do you see a trend?

Besides the Falcons (behind the Saints) and the Bengals (behind the Ravens...even though they won the AFC North last year) all these teams were mostly favored to win their divisions...and they ALL LOST. It was an UPSET WEEKEND. There were major disappointments across the board in NFL week one.

I mean I go to the Webzone and it's a huge Pity Party and damn near the end of the world for some of ya'll. It's a joke. Week 1 is done...there are 15 more weeks of some good football left. No A. Smith is not the "Answer" but it is very possible he can turn it around. Ohh yeah... Crabtree has not forgoten to play football...He's f'in rusty...so what...he has mad talent he will get his.

Now if we go 0-4 we are talking a whole different post....but until then....

NINERS!!

Remember if we beat the Saints on Monday night this whole week is irrelevant. We love being the underdogs anyways. F*ck the 'aints.

49ERS 4 LIFE.
lemme get some of what your smoking......
Alex can hit wide open recievers...
the line cant block.....
jimmmy Raye cant trust a fart......
and we're playing the defending super bowl champs
How many of those teams collapsed the way we did after dominating the first quarter and a half?
big difference in the way those teams lost and the way we lost. BIG difference. Sorry.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
big difference in the way those teams lost and the way we lost. BIG difference. Sorry.

Chargers? Vikings? Jets?

I don't know man...

This! and we lost to the seawhawks. The same team with 27 new player, new head coach, and a patchwork OL...
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Chargers? Vikings? Jets?

I don't know man...

The Chargers shouldn't have lost, but the Vikings and Jets lost to better teams.

OK. Last time I checked a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if we lost by 80 points or 1 point. Then again who knows...you might be the type of guy that even when losing finds moral victories...
I will say this. This is sort of a rule for myself. I give every single team in the NFL 3 losses where I won't drop them in my rankings if they lose.

That is, everybody should be allowed to lose to your divisional opponent in their house.

But at the same time, those are the exactly type of contests where if they win I will bump them up in the rankings.

In other words. Seattle is no better than I thought they were a week ago. The Niners are no worst.

KC is no better than I thought they were a week ago. The Chargers are no worst.

etc etc.

I am willing to give the Niners a pass here.

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Chargers? Vikings? Jets?

I don't know man...

The Chargers shouldn't have lost, but the Vikings and Jets lost to better teams.

but they looked turrible doing it. Just turrible.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

None of them got whopped as bad as we did.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Unfortunately there is also another trend among those teams

All of those teams except for the Jets have a franchise QB. In terms of opponents only the Chargers faced a team they should've really beaten and they were 6 yards away from tying the game.

We were flat out embarrassed by a team with a terrible OL, a receiver who was out of football for 2 years and just a team not expected to do much.
Share 49ersWebzone