LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Nobody mentioning ownership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dont call yourself a nobody
Originally posted by socal81:
If the fans want to make some damage to ownership start boycotting games. Force them to sell. We have been good since 1980 until 2000. Just so happens when John York takes over the team goes to S#%!. They will never sell because NFL ownership is a billion dollor business. If you want to make them hurt, hurt them in their wallets!
I don't have too big of a problem with Jed. You have to give the guy credit for opening his wallet on guys like Clements and Justin Smith, and then extending the right people in Willis, Davis, and Staley.

Management here is definetily a problem and he's screwed that up a bit, but some of that is just trying to get this regime to succeed. You hire outside guys and alot of times that means a complete overhaul. This really felt like a break out year to everyone so I don't really blame him for not making major changes.
Serious changes after week 1 are unlikely to bring much benefit. Unless there are great improvements quickly, though, I would expect change during the off season.

I don't hold with just making a change for the sake of it, with the coaches. We should go out and find the right guy. OC or HC remains to be seen. Long way to go yet
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't have too big of a problem with Jed. You have to give the guy credit for opening his wallet on guys like Clements and Justin Smith, and then extending the right people in Willis, Davis, and Staley.

Management here is definetily a problem and he's screwed that up a bit, but some of that is just trying to get this regime to succeed. You hire outside guys and alot of times that means a complete overhaul. This really felt like a break out year to everyone so I don't really blame him for not making major changes.

It appears that the time has come for ownership to open it's wallet and hire an experienced head coach, Gruden, or Cohwer anybody?
I have a.problem with ownership being cheap in the front office. It really ticks me off we aren't rewarding baalke like a gm, when all of his duties are gm related, yet bc he doesn't have the.tag we dont have to compensate him as one. I always thought hiring a holmgrin or parcells figure to be pres. Of football ops. Would be best for this team. But York gives all hiring duties to his hc which hasn't worked out great with nolan or sing.
I'm not convinced this is a wallet issue, it is a lack of skill issue. We for the first time in memory have a crackerjack in about to be Gm, in Baalke. His entire draft class made the team, plus two first rd OLs. A+. He obviously knows talent, and i bet anything he would sniff out a great OC and HC...maybe just HC, and let him choose OC. Ideally it would be a guy with extensive OC knowledge so if OC moves on, it doesn't matter, like in NE and NO. jed is just an owner's son, young and impressionable, who had stars in his eyes hiring LB GOAT bigmike(BM).

But BM got us as far as his resume allowed. Now it is time to bring in someone with a pedigree, someone with knowledge across the spectrum of football skill players, not just LBs. As i posted elsewhere , i would ask baalke to make an overture to Tony Dungy and see if he could come here for rest of yr, and help us over this rough spot. Barring him, Gruden. But i would not keep BM here any longer, and certainly not JR. Those two guys are killing our team. BM helped resurrrect this team, and did a great job. But he is now in over his head, and needs to move on. I would have immense respect for him if he offered his and JRs resignations to jed.

I have always admired BM, and actually expected him to offer to resign after Sunday's fiasco. What did we get? "It was the helmets"...which alex dispelled. BM, its time to have a movement. Please.
The only guy who seems to be doing a good job is Paraag Marathe

Jed - still trying to get a stadium, and a winning football team
Sing- average so far.
Baalke- only one season so he gets an incomplete.
meh....

I think it's a tad too early to talk about a coaching change. I'll admit -- I was not enamored with the decision to promote Singletary to begin with. I wanted Jed to reach out to the college ranks and bring in an offensive mind like.....Jeff Tedford.

It's what a young Eddie D. did with his hiring of Bill Walsh at Stanford. The only difference is that Walsh had NFL experience as an assistant before he took the head job at Stanford. Tedford has none.

Still -- it's what I wanted.

Look -- if the Niners come out next Monday and blow the Saints out of San Francisco Bay -- we'll probably see a million "Let's Extend Singletary's Contract" threads. That -- would also be a mistake.

Why don't we just wait this one out and see what happens over the course of the next four or five games.

By then? We'll have a pretty good read on which way the season is heading.
Share 49ersWebzone