LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

31-0

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting observation, Hollywood.

How did you remember this?
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I hear that you hear what he's saying, but do you REALLY hear what hes sayin?

Yes its one game. BUT its also the first game of the season AND the Seahawks just pilleged a handful of disgruntled ex 49ers employees. McLoughan, Ulbrich, Jones and Robinson ALL had revenge on their minds.

The Raiders V Bucs Superbowl is another example... That Raider O was dominant with Rich Gannon (qb who developed very late in his career) Jerry Rice, Charlie Garner etc. Gruden knew exactly how to play them because he saw what they did best every day in practice the year before...

I think that there was probably an inordinate amount of time and effort spent on this ONE game. SO much to prove for so many people. Not to mention Carroll who has EVERYTHING to prove. Throw in one of the (if not the) toughest places to play... I'm starting to convince myself we didn't have a chance.

Will the 9ers go 14-2 and win the SB? Uh probably not... I hope so but it very doubtful.

The point is lets not get to worked up over this one game in which there were a LOT of things going against the 9ers.
1 Game = Thousands of Overreactions. Back to being a niner fan.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Yes. 2003 Patriots and 2010 49ers are mirror images. Singletary = Bellichick. Raye = Weiss. Smith = Brady. This thread isn't delusional at all.

If only we had a Super Bowl winning QB to lead us like New England did.

Or the other team's playbook.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
This game reminded of something very similar back in 2003.
Link

Pats visiting the Bills, pats coming off a super bowl a year before, were heavy favorites.

This Bills just got Lawyer Milloy and Drew Bledsoe in the offseason from the pats.
Drew was playing with a chip on his shoulder and Milloy was too.
Similar to how we lost Robinson, Jones and Balmer to seatle.

The Bills humilated the Pats 31-0. Brady threw 4 INTS.

The Pats went on to a 14-2 season with a super bowl at the end.

I am not saying we will win the super bowl, but just a positive spin on a game like ours.

Nice.

Have you seen all the upsets this week? This kind of thing happens. Yes there are some reoccuring themes, but can we at least wait until mid season to press the nuclear option?
Its not how you start, its how you finish that matters.
Link

Pats visiting the Bills, pats coming off a super bowl a year before, were heavy favorites.

This Bills just got Lawyer Milloy and Drew Bledsoe in the offseason from the pats.

I am not saying we will win the super bowl, but just a positive spin on a game like ours.

Hollywood - where dreams come true.
Ahhh yes!!! Let's see if our superbowl winning team can get back on track!
For the past three or four seasons the niners started off with a 2-1 (or better) record and look where it got them. All we can hope is that the niners really do "take their medicine" and actually improve from this blow out loss. I think this team has too much heart to take that beating laying down. I think they'll be fore up next week at the stick.

And also remember the 1981 49ers. They started 1-2 losing to the 8-8 Lions and the 7-9 Falcons. They beat the 6-10 Bears in game two and in game four they barely made it past the 4-12 Saints before it all took off at RFK in game five.

Like Randy Cross said in America's Game; "1981 started out just like every other year"

This team won't be in the Superbowl, but it can still have a playoff season if it pulls its collective head out if it's a$$.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Its not how you start, its how you finish that matters.

1988 we were 6-5 at one point coming off losses to the Los Angelas Raiders and Phoenix Cardinals (both 7-9). We also had losses to the 5-11 Atlanta Falcons and 8-8 Denver Broncos.

We went on a 4-1 run to end the season as Division Champs and then went on to win the Super Bowl.

I know... this is not 1988. Just saying
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Yes. 2003 Patriots and 2010 49ers are mirror images. Singletary = Bellichick. Raye = Weiss. Smith = Brady. This thread isn't delusional at all.

Who has leaked those information to you? That is the exact ranking presented to the ownership by our senior management.
Link

Brady rattles under heavy pressure. I don't know if that can be said of Brees.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT WE ARE ON PACE TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL WOOOOOOOO

Share 49ersWebzone