LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

31-0

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This game reminded of something very similar back in 2003.
Link

Pats visiting the Bills, pats coming off a super bowl a year before, were heavy favorites.

This Bills just got Lawyer Milloy and Drew Bledsoe in the offseason from the pats.
Drew was playing with a chip on his shoulder and Milloy was too.
Similar to how we lost Robinson, Jones and Balmer to seatle.

The Bills humilated the Pats 31-0. Brady threw 4 INTS.

The Pats went on to a 14-2 season with a super bowl at the end.

I am not saying we will win the super bowl, but just a positive spin on a game like ours.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
not going to happen, nowhere near that record, not now, not ever. PUT IN NATE DAVIS
Yes. 2003 Patriots and 2010 49ers are mirror images. Singletary = Bellichick. Raye = Weiss. Smith = Brady. This thread isn't delusional at all.
Yeah, um, Bill Belichick isn't our coach, and Tom Brady isn't our QB in case you haven't noticed.
No where in the post did I say the 49ers were the pats, read and comprehend fellas its not that hard.

All im saying is its just 1 game.
you're fightin' the good fight, Hollywood, but trolls don't have ears.

I forgot about that game. Its a good example of how the first game--good or bad--really doesn't mean anything conclusive. We'll know in a few weeks what our first game really means.
I don't think he is saying we are the patriots. He is just saying that week 1 performances are not indicative of a team's season.

[ Edited by theginz2004 on Sep 13, 2010 at 21:47:42 ]
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
No where in the post did I say the 49ers were the pats, read and comprehend fellas its not that hard.

No, I comprehend what you're saying just fine. I just have zero confidence in the guys who are lacing up and coaching for the 49ers to pull any sort of magical rebound at this time.
It's just that, like.... our coaches suck.

True that its not going to happen, but its funny I had the same thought during last night's game, and obviously Coach Sing hopes this game will turn out to be a "wake up call" hence the strange thank you currently being dissected to death in another thread.

By the way, this is an old time veteran here, haven't posted on this site for like four years, though I've kept reading, just haven't had the desire to post. I have a thread in mind this time though, one that i'm surprised hasn't come up yet, but I guess I'll have to wait to start it. I'll give you a hint though, it has to do with a QB on the team who has yet to garner any interest, and a truck full of musicians dedicated to him.

i hear you, but then we are going to say "hey its only 2 games," then before you know it we are out of the race for the playoffs.

Sorry Hollywood, but this isn't going to be a happy ending. Jimmy Raye is going to stick to the same playcalling script.
Originally posted by rxrunner:

i hear you, but then we are going to say "hey its only 2 games," then before you know it we are out of the race for the playoffs.

you don't have to follow that line of thinking. Its reasonable to say lets wait 2 or 3 games before we write the season/players/coaches off.
14-2 is unreasonable. But once again, 9-7 is not.
Share 49ersWebzone