LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Alex Smith Doesn't want to call his own plays?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he's going to win the MVP this year
Uh... Peyton Manning doesn't call his own plays.

Their O.C. sends him 3 plays, he decides out of the 3 based on the defensive package being used.

What the media guy asked Alex Smith was if he wanted to call his own plays, and he answered "No." Why the f**k would a QB want to call all of his own plays? Maybe he should have asked if he would be willing to use a setup like that of the Colts, and Alex would have answered differently.

Stupid question, simple answer, and fans still gotta troll. Not surprising.
Originally posted by STNiner:
WTF? Is he serious?

By no means whatsoever is this a Alex bashing thread, but correct me if im wrong, isn't it every QB's dream to be able to go into a game and call their own plays?

Smith was open to ideas on how to solve the problem. Of Raye moving to the sideline, he said, “I don’t know if that’s the answer, but I certainly think it’s something to look at.” He mentioned wearing a wristband, with plays listed, to help speed up the process. He discussed a scenario in which he could call his own play, if one hadn’t arrived with about 24 seconds left on the play clock. Smith isn’t comfortable with the idea of calling all of his own plays.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100913/sports/100919814?p=2&tc=pg

Hes washed up. System quaterback needs mommy to tell him the plays. Manning he is not. A robot and a puppet on a string he is. Gone very very soon. Thank god.
Share 49ersWebzone