LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

There are 15 games left! Relax, we got this.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Think about this: In 2007, 2008 and 2009, we started off 2-0. Heck, last year we started off 2-0 while also being 2-0 in the division with a one game lead over the defending division champs and former Superbowl representative from the NFC after beating them in their own home. In the end, it wasn't enough to get us to the playoffs.

And while an 0-1 record with an embarrassing loss on the road doesn't bode well for out future in the moment, it may be the early season humbling we needed to get us focused on our true goal, the playoffs.

Look at the next fifteen weeks, if you haven't already.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=sf

There isn't a team left on the schedule that we can't beat. I believe the team we saw yesterday in the first quarter that dominated Seattle in every aspect of the game, despite not being able to convert touchdowns, is who this year's 49ers truly are. If you weren't following the stats, we had more than 100 yards of offense, they had 9 yards, we had 9 first downs, they had zero. We lost in remarkable fashion folks, don't expect to see it again this year.

The talent is there, the desire to win is there, the execution in crucial moments isn't... yet. That can change. Week 1 is not always representative of who teams truly are, and more often than not, is very misleading. On top of that, we played at Qwest, the loudest and most hostile environment for opposing team's in the league. The 12th Man definitely played a factor and hopefully that experience will pay dividends for the young guys, especially the lineman, when we visit KC in Week 3.

As a caution, there is no need to throw in the towel if we start the season 0-2. We've known since the schedule was released that our first five games were going to be challenging, and the final eleven were going to be relatively easy. This team will find its stride this season. We all know the talent is there, and the execution will come. Hopefully as soon as this coming Monday night!

I think it goes without saying, should we defeat the Saints on MNF, as fans we'll be happier with that 1-1 start than had we beaten the Seahawks and then lost to the Saints. And I think most of us who have been honest with ourselves have expected to start the season at 1-1.

But once again, it is a long season. We have time to correct our mistakes and take control of the division. The Rams and Cardinals both looked mediocre yesterday, and the Seahawks looked fortunate. We know better than most, because we watched the game.

As fans of the 49ers, we're sick of the frustration. But as they say, and as life proves time and time again, good things come to those who are patient.
cool, another thread from kilgore. its been a whole ten minutes since your last one, i was starting to get worried.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
cool, another thread from kilgore. its been a whole ten minutes since your last one, i was starting to get worried.

LOL
That's what I said!

i agree. i understand that after the dismal performance against the seahawks we, the fans, have a right to be pissed but it's crazy to lose complete hope after one loss. after all this season just started and we still have plenty of action left.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Originally posted by MILFS:
i agree. i understand that after the dismal performance against the seahawks we, the fans, have a right to be pissed but it's crazy to lose complete hope after one loss. after all this season just started and we still have plenty of action left.

Yea, we're acting a bit immature as a fan base. I understand it though, we've had to deal with a lot of disappointment for a long time.
IT'S ONE GAME!!!! by jrg

There are 15 games left! by kilgore

uhh why does this thread exist?

Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
IT'S ONE GAME!!!! by jrg

There are 15 games left! by kilgore

uhh why does this thread exist?

because if kilgore doesn't make a separate thread for every thought he has about the team, he will cease to exist.
LOL at some of the comments. This will probably be locked in a few minutes just because, but I want to say that I really agree with this post. It was one game. IT was a bad start, and I think that the 9ers have some issues to worry about, but things can turn around quickly. Smith is capable of running that offense well, and all the skill players are capable of making plays. The D is stout if they just stop biting on double moves. Sometimes a loss like this can help focus a team. I am going to choose to be a realist and a slight optimist, and just see how things progress in the Next few weeks. If the 9ers squeak one out against the Saints, and get some confidence then in a few weeks things will be looking better. IF they lose that game and win 3 of the next four, then things will be looking better as well. I'm looking for the Rookies to get better on the O-line as well with more "real season" reps. I'm looking for better play calling, and better execution by The offense. It will be nice to get WIlliams back as a dynamic returner, and Alex Smith, I believe will play better. If not? Then I will join everyone who is severely over reacting to one very bad performance .
Share 49ersWebzone