LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Who is the first starter to get replaced? (Not a Smith thread)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well folks kept saying the secondary is fine now folks want the whole secondary replaced. They didn't draft or sign anybody that can be a starter. Will James is worse than the starters and won't add anything.

I'd replace Manny and Parys they aren't doing anything.

And can they please find a way to use Willis in the blitz game.
Norris-Byham taking over
Lewis-Reggie Smith taking over for now, Mays just aint ready YET
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
Bench Crabtree for a couple of games in favor of playing time for Zeigler. There is really no reason Zeigler should be showing Crabtree how to lineup correctly. Let Crabs get the hint.

This. Crabs has been the source of controversy for the past few weeks and until there are some consequences to his actions (or lack of), he's going to keep this $hit up. Zeig may not have the upside, but he's prepared and ready to go from week 1. Send crabs the message
Given the hardness of Sing's head - no one, except by injury.

Noe if the question is who should sit:

MLewis - He hasn't lost a step, he's lost a staircase. Too bad, he's been a good 9er.
MNorris - He shouldn't have made the team - last year. Sorry Frank.
Haralson - He's supposed to rush the QB. He doesn't rush the QB.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Haralson continues to be a non factor, Laboy is clearly a better player
That should be the first move
Lewis should be first. I know Mays will make mistakes but at least he's athletic and quick enough to make up for it. On that fist big pass to Williams, where Nate bit on the pump fake and tried to jump the route, he had Lewis behind him in perfect position to make the tackle. It would have been a catch but not a huge gain. Mike Williams is NOT fast or quick but his s**tty little move made Lewis look like we was trying to tackle Adrian Peterson. Mays may very well have made the same mistake, or been totally out of position, but his athletic ability would have made up for it and Seattle wouldn't have ended up with a 1st and goal.
Norris next. I'd like to see more D Walker playing out of that position. They never have a FB and 2 TEs on the same play and Walker can block a little and can really be a help on those plays where the FB/H-back releases for a pass. Norris was good four years ago but he's done.
NORRIS ..if we were to run the ball with authority, his job would be safe, but we need to limit the amount of snaps he get's, he is not a factor in the offense at all and has no hands to speak of

HARALSON ...he is being counted on to make an impact as a pass rusher?? ..he needs to take a seat and let Laboy and Brooks get the majority of snaps once Brooks comes back, Haralson's tackling skills are poor and his pass rushing skills are average at best

RACHAL...going into his third season and he still looks lost..it appears we might have to cut our losses with him and find a new RG if he cant get his s**t together this year

MORGAN....he is not a legit #2 WR at this point, Ziegler and Ginn should get more snaps as the #2 WR

I'm not saying Crabtree needs to be benched, but it's obvious he is not on the same page with the rest of the guys, he needs a big game to establish himself as a threat before our running game will improve, until then it's going to be run, run pass all day

As for the secondary, we cant let WR's get over the top of us, cause once a receiver catches a ball over the top, our DB's appear slow and cant catch up...Roddy white exposed that last season, the coaching staff needs to make adjustments and FAST

I hate to say it, but Justin Smith didnt make an impact this weekend, if he is still not effective on monday night, Ray Mac might have to get more snaps
We need A.Brooks back NOW!!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
We need A.Brooks back NOW!!!!!

agree

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Lewis should be first. I know Mays will make mistakes but at least he's athletic and quick enough to make up for it. On that fist big pass to Williams, where Nate bit on the pump fake and tried to jump the route, he had Lewis behind him in perfect position to make the tackle. It would have been a catch but not a huge gain. Mike Williams is NOT fast or quick but his s**tty little move made Lewis look like we was trying to tackle Adrian Peterson. Mays may very well have made the same mistake, or been totally out of position, but his athletic ability would have made up for it and Seattle wouldn't have ended up with a 1st and goal.

Excellent
Originally posted by valrod33:
Norris-Byham taking over

What is your rational for him not being ready? RSmith is??? There's no way he's better than Mays.
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Norris-Byham taking over

What is your rational for him not being ready? RSmith is??? There's no way he's better than Mays.

He needs to work on his coverage skills. I like Mays and want him to be the eventual starter.
Smith is better than Mays right now. Next year Mays is the starter
ALEXCUSES...

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 17, 2010 at 13:13:36 ]
Share 49ersWebzone