LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Who is the first starter to get replaced? (Not a Smith thread)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Good thread, how long do we let Davis play at RT? He was getting beat like a drum last night. How about our franchise NT? He sure LOOKED rusty to me. Franklin wasn't commanding double teams and our pass rush paid the price. That said, hasselback made that line look good getting the ball out extremely fast.

Oh, and clements... Jed York wants his boatload of cash back. We are worried about finding money to extend Goldson? I think Clements has it.

One game, and you're already thinking about wanting to bench your 1st round pick? What were you expecting Anthony Munoz after 4 preseason games????? Playing T in the NFL is no cakewalk, you let the Kid garner experience and learn. How else do you expect him to develop? And whose the better option, Snyder, Boone?

No I meant like, how many games do you give the kid playing at that level? If we're in game 8 and the opposing D is still eating his lunch do you go to Simms? I agree you let him develop, I just had higher expectations. That said my expectations were obviously ridiculously overinflated.
I think its a bit pre mature to bench anyone. To be honest, we cant afford to bench anyone...even Crabtree. We need all the weapons we can get. We need Alex and the offense to have all the reps/timing/chemistry they can get. It's ridiculous but it is what it is at this point. Plus I really, really, HATE using that "its just one game" cop out but it can't be ignored. You don't roll heads after one game (i.e. the FIRST game of the season). It makes us look more retarded than we already do.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think its a bit pre mature to bench anyone. To be honest, we cant afford to bench anyone...even Crabtree. We need all the weapons we can get. We need Alex and the offense to have all the reps/timing/chemistry they can get. It's ridiculous but it is what it is at this point. Plus I really, really, HATE using that "its just one game" cop out but it can't be ignored. You don't roll heads after one game (i.e. the FIRST game of the season). It makes us look more retarded than we already do.

doesn't mean now.....just who is the first one, could be week 7 for instance
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apone:
Good thread, how long do we let Davis play at RT? He was getting beat like a drum last night. How about our franchise NT? He sure LOOKED rusty to me. Franklin wasn't commanding double teams and our pass rush paid the price. That said, hasselback made that line look good getting the ball out extremely fast.

Oh, and clements... Jed York wants his boatload of cash back. We are worried about finding money to extend Goldson? I think Clements has it.

One game, and you're already thinking about wanting to bench your 1st round pick? What were you expecting Anthony Munoz after 4 preseason games????? Playing T in the NFL is no cakewalk, you let the Kid garner experience and learn. How else do you expect him to develop? And whose the better option, Snyder, Boone?

No I meant like, how many games do you give the kid playing at that level? If we're in game 8 and the opposing D is still eating his lunch do you go to Simms? I agree you let him develop, I just had higher expectations. That said my expectations were obviously ridiculously overinflated.

Oh come on now, he can't be possibly me worse than Kwamee... or can he???
I want our starting coach replaced. (with gruden)

Tarell brown needs to ride the bench till he learns to play. Give P.Adams a chance, can't get beat any worse than nate and tarell do on the regular.
Lewis and Haralson. Both suck. LaBoy hasnt played for couple of years and has a sack already.
As I have stated all along, Heitmann is back at center the moment he is healthy. This is a no-brainer of all no-brainers. His lack of presence on the field yesterday, as a team captain, and someone Smith leans upon, was apparent.

The bigger question is whether Baas will show enough, or Rachal or Iupati not enough, to have a change at guard.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by strickac:
Clements...

He cares more about his stat line (Ints) than stopping the WR. He's similar to Bly, in that he's more than willing to take a risk, rather than doing the smart thing. With our safeties and an iffy pass rush, he just can't be don't that.

True
But what about spencer? he was abused all day out there, and he looked fkn sad to. sack up. they both stunk

I didn't think Spencer was too bad. He gave up the TD but that was just a perfect back shoulder throw by Hass, nothing much that Spencer could have done against that.

To answer the OP, it would have to be Brown even though he's not a starter. I have never been impressed by him.

Starter wise, it would choose Haralson. I was excited about him after the 2008 season, but now I'm just disappointed.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 13, 2010 at 19:31:27 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
As I have stated all along, Heitmann is back at center the moment he is healthy. This is a no-brainer of all no-brainers. His lack of presence on the field yesterday, as a team captain, and someone Smith leans upon, was apparent.

The bigger question is whether Baas will show enough, or Rachal or Iupati not enough, to have a change at guard.

Did Iupati look bad?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i just tuned in about 10 mins ago, my bad. But i'd still rather have flacco

I luv you syber, come over to the NFL week 1 thread.

be right thurrr

I want to see more briggs, Laboy so Less Lawson and Harlson. More mays so Less Lewis. Get Morris of the field, get westbrook on.
Brian Jennings.

[ Edited by zozell on Sep 14, 2010 at 08:30:09 ]
Originally posted by STNiner:
I want to see more briggs, Laboy so Less Lawson and Harlson. More mays so Less Lewis. Get Morris of the field, get westbrook on.

More Mays.
Rachal or Alex.
Bench Crabtree for a couple of games in favor of playing time for Zeigler. There is really no reason Zeigler should be showing Crabtree how to lineup correctly. Let Crabs get the hint.
Share 49ersWebzone