There are 143 users in the forums

How Come You Don't Blame Manusky?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Come You Don't Blame Manusky?

POLL
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Because its Alex Smith's fault we suck.
if he offense would of scored 21 points the 3 times we were inside the 10 yard line, our defense could have been conservative the rest of the game. But I do see your point, we better not get beat by double moves vs. Saints. Keep their guys in front of us!
I think people built up Manusky too much.

Look at all of the stars on our defense. We have done nothing.

Look at last years stats. We were not the best in the league.

This guy walks and talks like he's some defensive guru.

Give him the Patriots defensive players and he will have the 30th defense in the league.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
other
Originally posted by boast:
other

'cuz of the cool mustache, huh?

Me too.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by John-ATL:

Give him the Patriots defensive players and he will have the 30th defense in the league.

you're crazy bud
Originally posted by John-ATL:

Give the Patriots Alex Smith and have him throw turnovers for pick 6's and the Patriots will have the 30th defense in the league.
because he has not been here as long as the other apparent problems. Process of elimination dictates that Alex, Sing, Raye all should lose their jobs before Manusky is on the hot seat.

Also,

the Defense usually holds up well until the Offense just places them in a too many tough situations for too long.
The problems on defense yesterday were more so due to lack of discipline on the part of Clements and Brown.

The touchdown throw on Spencer was a beautiful, perfectly thrown ball. I'm not sure if there's too much else that Spencer could have done.

Other than that, the Seahawks were held relatively in check. I think the defense will improve, but I severely have doubts about the offense.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 13, 2010 at 16:54:53 ]

Manusky ain't to blame for the offense's incompetence (3 redzone trips ending in 6 pts and failed 4th & 1 in 1st half and a goose egg in the 2nd half) and gimme turnovers that led to 14 points.

7*3 = 21
31 - 14 = 17

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Sep 13, 2010 at 17:00:49 ]
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Well, the defense only gave up 242 yards. The defense gave the offense the chance to put the game away in the first quarter and a half. After the first Seattle TD, Smith's first INT gave the Seahawks the ball at the SF 13. The next TD came on the INT return. After that, the offense did next to nothing and the defense had to take some chances to try to make a play as the game was getting out of hand.

Yes, the defense could have been better but its not why they lost...or, at least, lost the way they did. That's why.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The problems on defense yesterday were more so due to lack of discipline on the part of Clements and Brown.

The touchdown throw on Spencer was a beautiful, perfectly thrown ball. I'm not sure if there's too much else that Spencer could have done.

Other than that, the Seahawks were held relatively in check. I think the defense will improve, but I severely have doubts about the offense.

-9fA

agree
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I did take bad English one number 5 I'd right.
manuskys system has proven to work before its up to the players to execute it and tehy didnt
Share 49ersWebzone