There are 179 users in the forums

Stop blaming Alex Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
When Smith was healthy in 2006 and 2009, he definitely made the rest of the team better.

this might be the silliest thing i've heard in NT lately. quite an accomplishment.
There is no such thing as global warming and Alex Smith is not to blame.
Are you serious with this thread? There are hundreds similar to this that all end the same way.
Originally posted by susweel:
Smith NEVER made the rest of the team better.

He always made them worse, he was always a weak spot on the team.

The Texans game proved this last year.

yeah, that was a great win
Originally posted by HessianDud:

He said Smith has always made the team worse. The one thing I've always noticed about the Smith haters, is that they're not the sharpest tools in the shed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He threw a couple of td passes against a prevent defense. Big whoopee

Let me ask you did you ever watch Montana or Young play ?
That game is 80% on Alex, and 100% on his being caretaker not a difference maker.

Mods lock merge nuke trash it I don't think we need one more Alex Smith suck fest thread!
Originally posted by HessianDud:

He said Smith has always made the team worse. The one thing I've always noticed about the Smith haters, is that they're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

i want smith to do well, but i'm more of a smith agnostic at this point. I've felt like we've never had a solid, consistent chance to evaluate him--until now. He's not inspiring confidence.

but i really don't see how citing a game that we lost as an example of how Smith "makes the team better" is being a "sharp tool." He threw some TD's, but we were still the same mediocre team that we were with Hill at QB. Except Hill won more games.

He threw a couple of td passes against a prevent defense. Big whoopee

Let me ask you did you ever watch Montana or Young play ?

Yea, did you ever notice that they had competent O-lines, receivers, running backs and coaches? Those teams churned out a lot of HOFers. What HOFers has Alex Smith played with?

I don't mean to be coming across as giving Smith a pass. He should have rallied the team yesterday and that is what we need from him. That is why he has the C on his chest. But he didn't do it, nor did anyone else. Translation, he shouldn't be taking all of the blame. Early in the game, when things were going well, he looked as good as anyone. Later in the game, he looked as bad as everyone. THAT, is what is wrong with Smith. If he can't develop a stronger mentality and the ability to put things behind him, then he shouldn't be the QB. But all the other stuff, people need to bag it. Norris should have caught the pass yesterday, Morgan should have got his feet down, and Crabtree shouldn't have absolutely buried Smith yesterday.

Kilgore you're a smart guy. But cmon...even Smith blames Smith. He sucked dikky yesterday.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by danimal:
looks like we still have some holdouts huh. Poor suckers.

Actually as one of the long time Alex Haters. I put more than a couple of names above Alex Smith's in yesterdays loss.

Here is the problem though. Alex supporters have a tendency to always look at things very narrowly.

Alex Smith was only the 4th worst problem in this loss
Alex Smith was only the 3rd worst problem in this loss
Alex Smith was only the 5th worst problem in this loss
Alex Smith was only the 3rd worst problem in this loss

and on and on and on.

It is imperative that a true Niner fan not ignore any players body of work while only concentrating on any single game.

Once again, Alex Smith played QB for the Niners in a losing game. He has been part of Niner losses since 2005. How many other current Niners can you say that about?

You have to take your blinders off and start factoring in his entire career. If you do that, you will definitely find plenty of blame for Alex Smith

Alex Smith helped improve the team in 2006 and 2009, the two years he was healthy and in a decent (far from great) situation. That is the truth. At the same time, I can still acknowledge that he hasn't lived up to expectations. But blaming him for Morgan not getting his feet down, Norris not catching a feathery lob above his head, etc. is BULL****! Those plays need to be made. They're made in my flag football league...

Wow, you're clueless.

Way to make a point.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Kilgore you're a smart guy. But cmon...even Smith blames Smith. He sucked dikky yesterday.

He did suck yesterday after getting off to the hot start. It was discouraging see him fall apart after his receivers and coaches let him down. I wanted to see him shrug it off and get back to how we started. But as fans, we have to realize it is hard. As a QB, or a pitcher in baseball, it is hard to maintain your confidence when you don't trust your supporting cast. I understand the criticism Smith is getting, I'm just sick of everyone saying he is the one piece that is wrong with the team. There were much bigger problems yesterday than Smith.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
Are you serious with this thread? There are hundreds similar to this that all end the same way.

This
Share 49ersWebzone