LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye should be fired today.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is no excuse at this point in time for getting plays in late. These errors cost us games last year and they've already costed us one division game this season. We left three touchdown off of the board yesterday in the first quarter and to find out it was mostly because we didn't get plays in on time is extremely frustrating. It was our inability to convert early that swung the momentum and turned a game that looked like a sure blowout in our favor, to a blowout over us.

I'll be disappointed if Jimmy is our OC next Sunday. He isn't up to the task and probably shouldn't have ever been hired. And on a similar note, it is time to replace our WRs coach. When our WRs finished their routes yesterday, they mostly just stood in place. I don't know how many times Alex Smith was left to throw at nothing but stationary, guarded targets.

I want to close by saying that if you perceive this thread as an overreaction, fear not. I defended Jimmy Raye last season despite his shortcomings, but hearing that he still can't get the plays in on time is inexcusable and means he needs to be replaced.
say this two days ago i'd call it ludicrous. say it today and i cant find a good reason to disagree.
I thought he should've been fired the day he came up with the "taser" experiment w/ Mrob.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He get's a mulligan this time, but it happens again fire his ass.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
There is no excuse at this point in time for getting plays in late. These errors cost us games last year and they've already costed us one division game this season. We left three touchdown off of the board yesterday in the first quarter and to find out it was mostly because we didn't get plays in on time is extremely frustrating. It was our inability to convert early that swung the momentum and turned a game that looked like a sure blowout in our favor, to a blowout over us.

I'll be disappointed if Jimmy is our OC next Sunday. He isn't up to the task and probably shouldn't have ever been hired. And on a similar note, it is time to replace our WRs coach. When our WRs finished their routes yesterday, they mostly just stood in place. I don't know how many times Alex Smith was left to throw at nothing but stationary, guarded targets.

I want to close by saying that if you perceive this thread as an overreaction, fear not. I defended Jimmy Raye last season despite his shortcomings, but hearing that he still can't get the plays in on time is inexcusable and means he needs to be replaced.

This...
I would say get used to disappointment.
funny how hosltler started on the floor calling plays then was told to go in the box... now raye in the box is now going to the sideline... hope it works.. not sure if firing him will solve anything at this moment niners just gotta finish strong!!
Let Mike Johnson call plays and game plan until the end of the season, clean house and hire a Vet coach next year, pick up a decent Journeymen QB and look to draft the best available QB next season, I can't believe we are one game into the year and I am already looking forward to next year. I am so pissed I let myself start thinking we had a chance, I have never had faith inSing of Smith, but I so badly want to win I started sipping the kool-aid, now I'm pissed! As for Manuskey I hear a lot of great things but did not see any from him on sunday!
The D wasn't great either, are we going to fire Manusky as well? Give it a few more games, if it's a legitimate trend then a move will be made.
What I really cannot wrap my head around is why we just don't run a hybrid spread formation. Because it offends Frank Gore? Because Mike Singletary doesn't believe it's "real" football? Well what the f**k!!! It's the ONLY WAY OUR QB CAN SUCCEED. I do NOT understand why we don't just do it? Frank Gore is a supreme talent -- he can adapt to running out of shotgun. Alex Smith is proving that he really cannot adapt. Time to change, Singletary. WAKE UP! Save our season before it's too late!

Yup fire his ass week 1! Who cares! bring in someone else so the players can learn a new playbook/offense before week 2!

Not gonna happen.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Sounds like a Fantastic idea... nothing but success should come out of it.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
What I really cannot wrap my head around is why we just don't run a hybrid spread formation. Because it offends Frank Gore? Because Mike Singletary doesn't believe it's "real" football? Well what the f**k!!! It's the ONLY WAY OUR QB CAN SUCCEED. I do NOT understand why we don't just do it? Frank Gore is a supreme talent -- he can adapt to running out of shotgun. Alex Smith is proving that he really cannot adapt. Time to change, Singletary. WAKE UP! Save our season before it's too late!

THIS x INFINITY BAJILLION

[ Edited by modninerfan on Sep 13, 2010 at 16:11:58 ]
what is ironic is that he brings very little to the table except experience. You would figure if he has learned a thing in his 20+ years experience is how to get the play down into the QB's ear in time.

I would not hold my breath on this getting fixed. It was a consistent problem last year too. This is definitely something to do with Raye. The problem only existed after he arrived.

I am not sure I have ever seen anything like it in all my years.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He should have never been hired.
Share 49ersWebzone