LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

How long before Smith loses the locker room?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He already lost Crabby I think. I saw him on the sidelines complaining to Carr. Seriously though Crabtree and Alex both played horrible.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ajanke:
He already lost Crabby I think. I saw him on the sidelines complaining to Carr. Seriously though Crabtree and Alex both played horrible.

I noticed late in the game him not throwing to crabs even when he was wide open.
Originally posted by susweel:

I noticed late in the game him not throwing to crabs even when he was wide open.

all about trust
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

all about trust

Yup

Look for Morgan to get more passes thrown his way.

all about trust

Yup

Picking up Morgan and benching Crabs on my fantasy team.

all about trust

Yup

Exactly and Vernon will get his share as well. I'm still holding out for Williams, I think the kid is going to be a big surprise.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Smith started the game 9 for 9 and looked great, as did the rest of the team. The first drop came when Crabtree was outmuscled on a catch he should have. For those saying it was too hard of a catch, Seattle's undrafted WR made the exact same catch later in the game. So please, save it.

The team fell apart, it wasn't just Smith. As things stand, I can see Singletary, Raye and Crabtree losing credit in the locker room more quickly than Smith.

Did "looked great" include missing two TD passes that a talented high school QB could make?

Even I could have made that throw to Norris.

I'm sure any one on the zone could've made that throw!

The one that bounced right off his hands? Yeah i was shocked he didn't catch it also.

that pass was a little high but any professional should catch that just as much as the qb should not sail it. poor all around. i know they have a play they ran last year where vernon broke off on a goal line call and caught a td. should have called that one instead. more trustworthy of a reciever.
I was talking about this earlier today. If we get embarrassed next week, it may happen after that. It's important for us to be competitive.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Matt Leinart was let go by the Cardinals largely because he lost the locker room, based on an article I read a week ago or so.

There must be players on the team that see Sam Bradford, Ben R., Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, etc come out the chute and play well with no excuses and get frustrated that Smith is still dilly-dallying around in year 6.

So given the above, how long (and how many pathetic performances) before Smith loses the locker room? Once that happens, I think there is absolutely no hope for him on this team. I'm thinking 3 more bad performances and the other starters and offensive leaders will call for his head.
Obviously it was the whole teams fault for what happened sunday. But no matter how bad your team played, as a QB in the NFL it is your job to take the blame. In all fairness Smith was not put in a situation to win. There was headset issues, O-line didnt protect him, Crabtree didnt do well.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Smith started the game 9 for 9 and looked great, as did the rest of the team. The first drop came when Crabtree was outmuscled on a catch he should have. For those saying it was too hard of a catch, Seattle's undrafted WR made the exact same catch later in the game. So please, save it.

The team fell apart, it wasn't just Smith. As things stand, I can see Singletary, Raye and Crabtree losing credit in the locker room more quickly than Smith.

Alex smith played like sh*t. There were so many times when he had guys open, and either didn't see them, or over threw them. Even the announcers called him out a few times. It's the quarterbacks job to lead the offense and score points. Alex Smith did neither.

In my opinion, if we lose 2 more games, Alex will be benched.

i hope he gets benched earlier if we get slaughtered by the saints he gets benched but i hope we dont get slaughtered again i cant handle it twice in a season

One more half of bad football.
this is annoying.
if we can't move the ball at all during the saints game
OK, how long before Crabtree loses the locker room?
Next week if he stinks it up again like he did yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone