There are 310 users in the forums

How long before Smith loses the locker room?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
I have to believe that many players already have lost faith in him. They are just good at showing a united front.

I am not a Smith apologist or hater. I just want Winners! And I don't care who it is.

While yes, Smith has had many hardships, no QB has ever been given this much time to develop. Many players face injuries at bad times and they loose their spots to healthy players who step up. See Montana - Young, See Rice - Owens. Neither of those guys would have left if we hadn't had other players to take their spot who were out performing them.

To me you do what the rest of the league does, make him a backup. If your holding out hope, keep bringing in FA or draft picks to compete. When someone gets hurt, Smith gets an opportunity to shine if not he works his way down to 3rd string and is eventually out of football. It's called competition.

It's a business and when it has come to Smith, it feels like emotion is getting in the way because they like him too much. May the best QB win!

great post. yeah, as much as people are swingin' right now after the Saint's game, his 2010 passer rating is still only 64.9, good for 23rd best in the league (Shaun Hill is 24th, at 64.8). Also, rookie Sam Bradford's TD to INT ratio is 3X better than Smith's right now.

Still, I thought Alex played well overall against the saints (not as stupendous as most think, but good), and I hope he consistently plays as well and better for the rest of the season.
Wins will help
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
I have to believe that many players already have lost faith in him. They are just good at showing a united front.

I am not a Smith apologist or hater. I just want Winners! And I don't care who it is.

While yes, Smith has had many hardships, no QB has ever been given this much time to develop. Many players face injuries at bad times and they loose their spots to healthy players who step up. See Montana - Young, See Rice - Owens. Neither of those guys would have left if we hadn't had other players to take their spot who were out performing them.

To me you do what the rest of the league does, make him a backup. If your holding out hope, keep bringing in FA or draft picks to compete. When someone gets hurt, Smith gets an opportunity to shine if not he works his way down to 3rd string and is eventually out of football. It's called competition.

It's a business and when it has come to Smith, it feels like emotion is getting in the way because they like him too much. May the best QB win!

great post. yeah, as much as people are swingin' right now after the Saint's game, his 2010 passer rating is still only 64.9, good for 23rd best in the league (Shaun Hill is 24th, at 64.8). Also, rookie Sam Bradford's TD to INT ratio is 3X better than Smith's right now.

Still, I thought Alex played well overall against the saints (not as stupendous as most think, but good), and I hope he consistently plays as well and better for the rest of the season.

bradford seems to be the check down master he is avg 4 yds per attempt not saying he isnt gonna be a great qb one day but he is throwing these short passes
The better question is: "How long before Singletary loses the locker room?"
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The better question is: "How long before Singletary loses the locker room?"

him and Raye
After paying far to much money for Crabtree we should be asking the question, "How long before Crabtree loses the locker room"?
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Sep 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
After paying far to much money for Crabtree we should be asking the question, "How long before Crabtree loses the locker room"?

Wut? No chance of any justification for this, I suppose?
Share 49ersWebzone