LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

Coach Sings thanks Pete Carroll for kicking our ass

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coach Sings thanks Pete Carroll for kicking our ass

Sing is a moron. I get what he is implying here. Basically, in his mind, the Niners will go on to dominate the NFL and win playoff games and maybe even a Championship. And then, we will all look back at this ass whooping as the turning point that started it all...so in retrospect Carroll and the Seahawks did us a great favor. And we will look back at the Gratitude and see Sing as a great visionary who understands all when nobody else could conceive why he was thanking Pete.

Think of a nerdy loser who thanks his GF for dumping him because that is going to motivate him to become a better person.

yea, kindda like last year's "We'll see them in the playoffs" remark after the Vikings game. We all saw how that turned out.
pretty much the same as dropping his pants, except this time he did it in front of everybody.
He looked dumb as hell with that IMO. I'm tired of his dumb a55 rants. He was clearly outcoached yesterday. Also, he knows absolutely nothing about offense and he hires Jimmy Raye. I don't give a s*it if he stuck around for a second year at OC... he sucks Disgusting playcalling yesterday. Hire a good, x's and o's OC if you don't know s*it about offense.
Is Pete Caroll the "Most Interesting Man in the World"? When he punches you in the face, you have to fight the urge to thank him?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Is Pete Caroll the "Most Interesting Man in the World"? When he punches you in the face, you have to fight the urge to thank him?

I really hope he isn't "thanking" Sean Peyton next week.
good tool the niners thought they were going to be given the division this is a wakeup call
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
good tool the niners thought they were going to be given the division this is a wakeup call

Exactly. That's how I took the comment. They were drinking their own kool-aid and this was a good way to wake them up.
I would have said the same thing because it showed Sing that he had work to do. Every year we hype ourselves by winning the first 2 games of the season by less than a TD against not that great teams. This is a blessing in disguise and we will take it and play the rest of the season with humbleness that the Seattle game gave us.

Originally posted by sacniner:
He looked dumb as hell with that IMO. I'm tired of his dumb a55 rants. He was clearly outcoached yesterday. Also, he knows absolutely nothing about offense and he hires Jimmy Raye. I don't give a s*it if he stuck around for a second year at OC... he sucks Disgusting playcalling yesterday. Hire a good, x's and o's OC if you don't know s*it about offense.

LOL, I know what you mean. This Raye situation reminds me something like this.

Hospital X keeps losing their top heart surgeon to better offers. Hospital X is tired of losing the most patients to heart related deaths and decides that continuity at all costs is in order. Hospital X offers the job of Chief Heart Surgeon to danimal

danimal won't be getting any better offers ever.

Well congratulations Hospital X, that is certainly one way to gain consistency at a Chief position. Just one problem though, the patients are still dying.

[ Edited by danimal on Sep 13, 2010 at 17:30:22 ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jcs:
Honestly Sing has to take most of the blame for this game...his team came in flat, played poorly and looked lost for most of the game. He's responsible for prepping the team, devising the strategy and making sure all the kinks are taken care of. For him to thank Carol is just stupid, he F'd up as our HC for this game. He's every bit responsible for that loss.

Well, for the first quarter and a half we were doing what we wanted to do....both ways, its just when we got to the red zone, is where it all went to complete utter %HIT

No. The wheels came off when Nate was flagged for PI after he got raped by Branch on what would have been his second pick. After that the secondary got impatient and we lost our composure. That's when the wheels came off.

For the record, I guarantee you that Carrol had some inside dope on how best to attack our scheme from 'Brich, Balmer, and Robinson.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jcs:
Honestly Sing has to take most of the blame for this game...his team came in flat, played poorly and looked lost for most of the game. He's responsible for prepping the team, devising the strategy and making sure all the kinks are taken care of. For him to thank Carol is just stupid, he F'd up as our HC for this game. He's every bit responsible for that loss.

Well, for the first quarter and a half we were doing what we wanted to do....both ways, its just when we got to the red zone, is where it all went to complete utter %HIT

No. The wheels came off when Nate was flagged for PI after he got raped by Branch on what would have been his second pick. After that the secondary got impatient and we lost our composure. That's when the wheels came off.

For the record, I guarantee you that Carrol had some inside dope on how best to attack our scheme from 'Brich, Balmer, and Robinson.

Curious on your whole take from the game, you actually know what you're talking about. Why don't you post a thread on your thoughts?!?!
Hopefully Carroll can provide some motivation because Singletary sure didn't.

It doesn't really matter, Brees will torch our secondary next week.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
don't mean s**t. Carroll should be the one thanking us for bending over and taking it up the ass with no resistance.
Share 49ersWebzone