LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Coach Sings thanks Pete Carroll for kicking our ass

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coach Sings thanks Pete Carroll for kicking our ass

I think that was one of the weirdest public statements ever made by a coach. WTF is hoping to accomplish by kissing Carroll's ass on national TV? The team has got some serious issues that they have to work out and this kind of public display seems counter productive to me. What do you think?

[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:07:06 ]
I'd thank him too.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Honestly Sing has to take most of the blame for this game...his team came in flat, played poorly and looked lost for most of the game. He's responsible for prepping the team, devising the strategy and making sure all the kinks are taken care of. For him to thank Carol is just stupid, he F'd up as our HC for this game. He's every bit responsible for that loss.
I'm tired of hearing all of this "motivational" talk. Just because Singletary was a motivational speaker, does not mean that he is a good football coach. Our entire coaching staff it very unprofessional and unorganized.
don't mean s**t. Carroll should be the one thanking us for bending over and taking it up the ass with no resistance.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
thats really good "work ethics"
Originally posted by fly15:

That's fly.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

That's fly.

Supa Fly
Motivation for the next time we see them
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I'm tired of hearing all of this "motivational" talk. Just because Singletary was a motivational speaker, does not mean that he is a good football coach. Our entire coaching staff it very unprofessional and unorganized.

This. When Singletary took a timeout to try and motivate our defense when Atlanta was driving on us last year... I was like wow. When the very next play, they threw a 30+ yard touchdown strike, I felt like throwing up. Watching the mismanagement of the game in Seattle -- especially not taking points early while in command in a hostile environment -- really worried me. How do we go for it 3 times instead of FGs and then when we're down, on their side of the field, in the 4th quarter (4th and 9), and DONT go for it? That's just not football. That's being a scared little b***h. Coach Singletary has lost my approval rating until he learns that motivation isn't x's and o's. He needs help with how to run a game, how to create a gameplan. I just don't see that happening.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:01:01 ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It means nothing, its all just a bunch of talk. Only thing that matters is what happens on the field.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's fly.

Supa Fly

Thats Invalrod
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Subliminal message.
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's fly.

Supa Fly

Thats Invalrod

nope this is
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Originally posted by jcs:
Honestly Sing has to take most of the blame for this game...his team came in flat, played poorly and looked lost for most of the game. He's responsible for prepping the team, devising the strategy and making sure all the kinks are taken care of. For him to thank Carol is just stupid, he F'd up as our HC for this game. He's every bit responsible for that loss.

Well, for the first quarter and a half we were doing what we wanted to do....both ways, its just when we got to the red zone, is where it all went to complete utter %HIT
Share 49ersWebzone